We did it! 2h frost!

I have been attempting to turn over a new leaf in the forums by being more patient and tempered instead of blasting people when they’re being ridiculous. So, occasionally I will try to give insight in situations like this where a poster does not seem to be connecting the dots to understand why they are getting the feedback they are. Although sometimes they do know very well, but either wanted the feedback all along or just decided to complain about it. The whole purpose of this is to draw in players that have, and make, valid arguments, because as a very serious observer of details in basically all facets of life, I love having my mechanical knowledge of games challenged. That’s how to get better at them.

Now that we have 2H coming back, even if it is dropped before live, the developers deserve at least a modicum of respect for attempting to implement it again, so one thing I will admit to having a serious problem with is other people constantly riding them up and down when they haven’t even finished the work yet. I feel like this overbearing criticism puts the implementation as risk of being called off on the grounds of Blizzard just not bothering because of a select few people that just want to complain the whole way through. As hotheaded as I used to be about this topic, even I know that there is a time be quiet and let the professionals do their job.

4 Likes

We got it back yes but the real fight begins with us riding them so they don’t leave it just like it is. They desurve the hate they get 300%

All the stuff they do for us is half measures at best.

Dark Sim did ya know it had a spell power component. I tested it with int plate and went to a low be dungeon and copied spells hit a bit harder.

Did they give us a thing that compinsated for the wet noodle effect for most spells.

Soul reaper was cool when it first appeared. Except for frost cuz it only did shadow damage. We told them please fix with shadowfrost damage. Know how long it took them? Very late expansion or next expansion. For Frost players gee thanks Blizz.

Also why is oblit physical instead of frost? We have been asking for the change since we found out about it. Also rank 2 of KM is it full or some percent of frost damage? Does inex Assault still exist? For skne sweet amping

One more thing wrath walk. Been telling them we hate it n take it back to where they found it. Did they listen nope still here.

I have to say that if they pull that kind of bait and switch here then I’m probably done with this game forever.

10 Likes

The Biggest Same.

2 Likes

I second this for sure. For the moment though, I’ll express an appreciation for at least trying. I will be disappointed if they don’t follow through though.

5 Likes

At this point, just report him or her for trolling. They are clearly not interested in debate just post count padding. Another thread they were asking for proof of 2h being better than dual wield at any point in WoW’s life span and someone posted logs showing a breakdown and they pivoted to saying we weren’t posting evidence.

This person is literally just trolling to pad their post count at this point. Every post from here on out, report it.

8 Likes

The work is not finished until launch. Everything is subject to change until then. Saying to let the professionals do their job when they are looking for feedback which is the entire point of alpha, beta, and per testing. It sounds like what you mean is “hold your tongue until they are done” which if it’s the case it’s too late.

They need to know what is going on they are creating an expansion and use the playerbase to play it, give feedback, so they can continue their work. It’s actually quite a good system if the feedback is accurate.

Right now in alpha, the problems I listed months ago are showing. There is absolutely no disputing it. I think everyone agrees at this point that 2 runeforges need to be on 2h. KM procs are yet another issue if there are almost 4 times as many procs for DW over 2h. They have feedback on it now. If they do something then great, if they do nothing well then it sucks for 2h.

Those changes if they come need to be tested as well. If they don’t address what is going on then it’s a waste of time. In every aspect of life you address what the problem is right? If your tire keeps going flat you look at the rims and tires to fix the problem. If your washer is rocking back and forth you either balance the load, or adjust the legs.

So what is the difference here?

No, that is not what I asked at all since I did say 2h was ahead in Highmaul. So why ask for something when I have already answered it?

It was also had more high end logs than DW for the rest of WoD too, but you still tried to argue otherwise.

2 Likes

Really? Because what the guy said was 2h early, about equal mid, and DW at the end. Even listed how many logs were for each weapon set even though there weren’t that many logs overall at all.

There is 0% chance of it not being a viable choice in SL. Blizzard does not make announcements like that flippantly. They are acutely aware of how many people want this.

They are also acutely aware of how poorly BfA is being regarded and how not listening to feedback (or even asking for feedback) was largely what caused it.

4 Likes

If only we had our “ignore button” back :thinking:

6 Likes

Everyone here should be tweeting at Holinka and Ion. Tell them that you are thankful for 2H Frost back, but you are worried about the condition it is in. From what I am seeing in the testing, it’s just a look that will hinder the user. Without a passive to apply two runeforges to a 2H, it will get out scaled hard by DW. Obliterate doesn’t scale with weapon damage anymore and doesn’t have MotFW to back it up. Plus the talent tree is totally against 2H.

Ask for change while we are in the second week for alpha. Don’t sit on this. I want DW and 2H to be as close as possible. If DW is winning by 2-3%, who cares. It’s this 15-30% difference that scares me.

4 Likes

Ignore is currently possible. Go to the activity page of whoever you wish to ignore and look on the right side above “View Profile”, there’s an box set to “Normal” which you can click and set to either muted or ignored.

5 Likes

Ignored by the people calling to actively silence me for no other reason than they don’t like me.

It would be good, they couldn’t twist my words anymore. Go for it people. Weird how I have perfectly fine conversations with others than about 3 people on here.

Why do you think that is Kelliste? the last 100+ of your posts are nothing but trashing people’s spec fantasy, something they are rightfully upset about after blizzard removed what most would consider the true frost spec fantasy. Something that has been there since the beginning of the class through 4 expansions.

People care about their characters and many rerolled or quit because of it. I know I did. Now that we are excited about 2h coming back here you are trying to piss people off who are happy and hopeful for the future. I’d tell you see you in shadowlands but id bet 100k gold you don’t play with warmode turned on.

6 Likes

Thanks! It’s a shame the max is 4 months.

4 Likes

I will be honest I am a 2h frost man through and through but for next expac i am also going to be an emergency tank for the guild run. Now I was hoping blizzard would bring tank spec to shaman. so it can have heal, ranged, melee, and tank but that did not happen. For this next expansion i want to be dps-tank and I have 3 classes to choose. Dk, DH and well thinking warrior.

Point is I cant wait for 2h frost but I also see that I can help the guild in raiding and in mythics so i will take it. Currently i main an enhancement shaman. And I just hate healing. I will say I am more drawn to the dk type of tank than anything.

Hard part is that dk tanking the health is so spiky with gain and loss kinda wish they would fix that. I know its our thing for self heals. And when tanking I turn it into a game to see if i can make it so the healer doesn’t have to heal me or if i can out heal the healer.

Point is you are blood dk atm and respect to that man. 2h Frost coming back I just want to see the big numbers again from oblit. My half-a** geared paladin when he pops wings is criting for over 100k. I would love to see that in an oblit crit.

1 Like

I do agree we got it back now we need to show them we want it viable and comparable to dw frost.

It is not just the rune forging that needs to be looked at. KM procs between 2h and dw as well as the procs for the runes themselves between the two. Also need to be looked at.

And to give credit where it is due Kelliste said just getting it back will not fix anything and when we get it back work would be needed to make it comparable. We got it back now is the time while it is still early enough to give our input so it can be balanced and viable.

3 Likes

Pointing out flaws in a suggested change is not trashing spec fantasy. Its pointing out flaws that could and probably would cause other problems. Suggesting 2h to get some Obliterate steroid does nothing but repeat the past which eventually got 2h removed. Just buffing Obliterate overall, since DW players which I dont even like splitting the spec up like that because it creates a divide, but they liked using Obliterate and that was removed in WoD for a playstyle that ignored Frost Mechanics.

This 2h playstyle was basically the Frost playstyle for longer than it was exclusive to 2h.

So whats wrong with making them play the same, with the same mechanics and damage buffs, and creating an overall frost spec that everyone can agree on instead of segregating the spec?

No other spec is segregated like it seems people want it to be for whatever reason. It should be like green fire. It doesnt change anything about the spec, but you can use green fire or the normal fire if you want too. Neither have any impact on the actual gameplay.

So sorry that you hate DW so much but no one cares. At least I am trying to get rid of the differences to actually even suggest a nerf to DW to balance the mechanics for the spec. Its almost like I like the spec and not any specific weapon since I have used both in the past.

1 Like