We despratly need new ranged specs

If they ever did add a “tinker” class, this would be it. Guns and missiles and explosions, with armor that was either very light (for mobility) or very heavy (for tanking). A Tinker Tank would essentially be a mage, using the equivalent of Arcane Explosion to hold aggro.

But it would only be open to Gnomes, Goblins, Mechagnomes, and I’m not sure who else in Horde, but I would say Vulpera, just to round out the shortness factor and have two races from each faction.

1 Like

Never should have been taken away to begin with IMO.

4 Likes

When DK’s were first introduced, everybody likened Death Grip to Scorpion’s “GET OVER HERE” from Mortal Kombat. :laughing:

3 Likes

I recall people having that phrase macro’d. But, you know, probably not for that long, because it gets old.

You can tell yourself this but ranged SV was vastly more popular than melee SV. It would actually be very effective to change it back to ranged.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Based on the things they said at the time, as well as since then, they seem to be of the opinion that RSV/Ranged SV was too similar to MM, for the sole reason of how both specs were focused on the use of a ranged weapon. They don’t seem to care about how the specs did not actually share any core abilities or effects, just the general class fantasy of both making use of a ranged weapon. Apparently, they also thought that the spec was underdeveloped.

Ironically, the percieved issue of it being underdeveloped would’ve solved itself, had they just continued with it by bringing it forward into Legion and the changes to class and spec design which we saw at the time. As for it “being too similar to MM”, this is even more ironic considering what they’ve done to SV since it became a melee spec, and how they’ve made it into a melee-version of BM. To the point where multiple core abilities and effects are taken directly from BM itself.

But yeah, there are A LOT of things that they could’ve done to SV to make it stand out even more, to build on it’s intended core theme and gameplay.

How? If you ask me, something like what you can see below(link) would do it…one thing’s for certain, it deff wouldn’t play like MM does, or any other current hunter spec for that matter. And like I’ve said before, the best solution would be to bring it back as a 4th spec option for the class.

1 Like

ranged survival thats it and not some new version of any of the specs currently they all stink.

1 Like

Wrong.
Every single new class has been a tank…

https://cdn.gamer-network.net/2018/metabomb/hearthstonehowtobeatlordgodfreymonsterhunt.jpg

3 Likes

Like the Fungrets in Maldraxxis

"Uwaaah!"

dead fungret joins the pack

All new DPS specs have been melee

• Frost DK
  • Unholy DK
  • Windwalker Monk
  • Havoc DH
  • Survival Hunter (replacement of a ranged spec)

Pass.
Make another physical ranged one.

golf clap.
that wasn’t my point. not sure why you replied that to me.

OP said they wanted a new ranged class

Every every new class has been a tank. Which has always been melee.

No on was talking about spec specifically.

Given this pattern I doubt any new class would be anything other than another tank…

Gnomeslinger
Throw gnomes at ppl

2 Likes

What exactly were you disagreeing with? The OP said “Every new class has been melee”. Now, describing an entire class as “melee” is dubious, but it is true that every new DPS spec has been melee and usually when we talk about melee v.s. ranged we are referring to DPS specs.

read ur own posts before posting clueless nonsense.

OP said they wanted a ranged class
I said every new class has been a tank
you said in reply to me every new dps spec has been melee…
I said once again every new class has been a tank.

no one was ever talking about melee spec. My point once again is that every new class has been a tank. For obvious reasons.

Please save us all the trouble of replying and just go sign up for a reading comprehension class.

Are you confused or something? Here’s what the OP said:

And here’s your asinine reply:

The OP was absolutely talking about melee specs. The title of the thread is “We desperately need new ranged specs” and in his post he says “Every single new class has been melee”. Yes, every new class has also had a tank spec. but the OP is evidently not talking about that. He’s posting from a Hunter and talking about melee and ranged specs so any reasonable person can infer he’s talking about DPS specs.

In any case he is absolutely right that in every new class added to the game all their DPS specs have been melee DPS. Not only that but Hunters lost a ranged spec. We have +5 melee specs v.s. Vanilla but -1 ranged specs.

So congratulations on wasting everyone’s time on trying and failing to be a pedantic smart Alec, I guess.

You keep getting hung up on the word “spec” dude. NO ONE EVER SAID SPEC UNTIL YOU.

My contrite answer was on purpose. They have designed every new “class” to be a tank on purpose. They aren’t specifically making every new “class” to be melee. They are making them to be able to tank.

I’m not sure why you can’t get over this. It’s not about specs. If you can figure out how to make a balanced ranged tank maybe you should apply to blizzard. Because I highly doubt that any new “class” that is released would be anything other than a tank.

TLDR: MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ THE WHOLE POST?

Patch 10.0 Development Notes:

Warlock

Removed visual effects for Green Fire.
Removed access to Fel-Based Spells.

Destruction:

• Chaos Bolt Replaced with Empowered Imp Firebolt.
  • Channel Demonfire Removed.
  • Cataclysm Removed.

Bepples, I just read this entire thread and I’d likely just ignore that one that your trying to communicate w. They just posted themselves in circles and made my brain almost hurt and I still don’t see an inkling of sense to be made.

Good on you for holding to together better than I could have.

1 Like