We are winning too much honor points per BG

Yes it was high before. Maybe too high (I don’t think so given the length of pre-patch and the general purpose of having the gear being purchasable for Honour now). Now it’s definitely way too low. I’m getting between 300-400 honour for winning an AB match. I managed to get just over 10k honour before the nerf, now it’s going to take another 25+ wins to get a single one-handed weapon. Assuming 20 minute average queue, with 20-25 minute average games that’s roughly 15 hours of straight wins to get half of a weapon.

To make matters worse, the BG weekend this week is totally useless. Surely we can at least leave EotS out of the rotation until BC actually launches?

1 Like

It wasn’t a bug, because they have literally no clue what the honor payout should be and apparently took a trolls word for it.

If you don’t have any expectation for classic TBC to be the same as it was in 2007 just bend over and play retail.

4 Likes

People who used this before Blizz changed it are now, hence Blizzard’s motto being ‘exploit early, exploit often’. It’s everyone who didn’t get on immediately to find out what to exploit that’s going to be mad, since they’ll now have to spend 10x more time to get the same thing.

It doesn’t help that this, the long maintenance after deciding on an ultra short prepatch where people want to enjoy this brief period where people have 60 gear but TBC talents, little time to both get belfs/draenei to 60 and get honour before TBC, etc…

It’s Blizz taking a bad sitution, and at every single opportunity to course correct and be somewhat decent they pick the worst option.

At this point I HOPE that Blizz is intentionally trying to ruin TBC, because if they aren’t doing this on purpose they’ve passed a threshold of incompetence that I didn’t believe was humanly possible.

3 Likes

Blizzard…please listen to the community and fix this. We now have 12 days and you nerfed honor 10x b/c 1 trolling ‘Andy’ convinced you the prepatch #s were wrong from a few dated screenshots. You don’t even know if these came from a Blizzard server or private server and there is 0 chance for any of us to farm out 30-40k honor in 12 days.

I’m so distraught by how out of touch these developers are with the whole community. It honestly is depressing.

4 Likes

blizz tried adding rating reqs to s1 and s2 because thats what s4 had, it got reverted. but we should have jank honor for prepatch cuz ‘muh 2.4 client’ ? what are you on about

3 Likes
1 Like

You’re calling me a troll? I swear you’re trolling me…

And yes, I don’t have an expectation for Classic TBC to be exactly the same as it was patch to patch because this is based on 2.4.3. Not 2.0.

At what part in Classic did you say “In patch 1.0 Druid had to go deep feral to get boomkin form, so in Classic I expect it to be the same”?
You hopefully didn’t because Classic was based off of 1.12.
You’re a dolt

Can we please get a response within 12 hours ? Thanks

3 Likes

Completely agree. Can we get an update here?

2 Likes

They’ve probably shut off their notifications for this thread.

5 Likes

cant find downvote button

6 Likes

Almost everyone got ejected from matches and received zero marks. That is not “correct”. Guys, please go back to worrying about adverse effects on the playerbase before adverse effects on timegating. And yes, I know that you had nothing to do with this and I am not saying any one this with anger toward you.

In an AB now, just to see if the maintenance was to fix it. Can confirm, honor was not fixed and still getting 20 honor per 200 points. Also, no increase to honor gained from HK’s or killing players. Sooooo, %@#! us I guess.

Do you plan on reverting the honor gains of those bragging in public chat channels in game about having exploited this to get honor cap? Exploit early and often!

2 Likes

The exploit known as playing the game normally?

Idk if you’d be able to get 75k honor in the amount of time people had it yesterday by normal means at level 60

Nah, they would rather just punish the folks who didn’t exploit.

Roll us back! Roll us back!

When did they revert the rating req?

It didn’t get reverted- they walked back some of the rating reqs.

However, they kept the start at 0 not 1500, they kept rating reqs for shoulder/weapon, and they are still using the shadowlands rating system not the TBC one, and the ShL system is absolutely awful.

That’s what they do- they see something that isn’t a problem at all, find a way to make it massively worse, and then from that point where it’s absolute garbage they put some sprinkles and syrup on top and tell you it isn’t garbage now, and because even though it’s still way worse than it should be but it has some sprinkles the Blizz fanbase eats it up and praises them.

This is a typical scum company marketing move, especially in gaming. I have little doubt now that they’ll walk the honour back just a little bit, but nowhere near where it was when the players that knew to ‘exploit early, exploit often’ maxed out their honour.

They’ve just increased the time you need to spend getting honour 10x, let’s just skip the BS and call it what it is- another scheme to increase time played metrics.

Meanwhile, despite their response to people getting too much honour, they aren’t doing f all about people getting kicked from games and getting nothing at all- because their priorities are so f’d up right now this is genuinely not something they consider important.

Exploit early, exploit often.

4 Likes