We are VOID

Ah. I thought VOID meant Very Old Intelligent Dwarves.

I’d be fine with the HE customizations if it weren’t for the fact that VEs have had 3 whole mini customization passes and not ONE of them had anything Void in it for the VOID centric race… that’s like just giving HMT normal horns or giving Maghar Orcs green skin… just why? And because we’ve had 3 passes on customizations when we weren’t supposed to it’s unlikely we’ll see any more for at least another expansion, possibly two.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for black color eyes since they first came out. Now I think it’ll never happen :pensive:

3 Likes

Don’t worry be happy ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am really happy about the new options . :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

My void looks fine all you players stare more at velf than belf.

What are you going on about? They would make an excellent AR. Provided they put the proper effort into their model.

Maybe cause the only known Pandaren prior to that, Chen Stormstout, was a founder of Orgrimmar.

It made no sense for them to be tied to only one faction on either side, especially Alliance considering this.

Using Pandaren in any argument involving “High Elves” will always be a disingenuous one. Alliance never “owned” the High Elf race to begin with since they were made playable in TBC.

3 Likes

RPers keep this game alive. WE NEED MORE OPTIONS, idc what they are, copy pasted or brand new, it needs to happen.

3 Likes

Gilgoblins are for me basically the same as Leeper Gnomes. A very low effort.

The reason why Chen Stormstout was associated with the Horde [in the beginning] was due Samwise. I read an interview in the past where he talked about how the Pandaren came into existence. Samwise is a pure blood Horde-fanatic.

The Pandaren were meant to be the Alliance race during TBC. They were never thought to be a playable Horde race until much, much later.

They were made playable for Asians. It’s not the sole reason but it’s nevertheless true. I just linked some time ago an official statement about them in the forums.

Excuse me, Belves are still pretty much anti Hybrids.

And while Liadrin indeed is a disaster on characterization because she´s a long eared human indeed, the rest of the Belf cast are their lovable jerks of always (and this is why is bad to qualify a race using only the screentime of the FOTM character the devs put in game).

I disliked Velf lore cause frankly it was badly written (remove the “we´re the briliant Belves that decided that researching the stuff that can corrupt and kill our race is the best option to protect the future of our race, alse we care so much for Quel´thalas we literally had zero issues killing Belves as soon as we could”, replace with “we´re members from the Allerian Expedition, aren´t we affiliated with the Alliance as usual?” and the stuff improves dramatically.

Void was VERY relevant for the Forsaken in regards to culture and dogma, remember how the devs decided taht giving them a LIGTHFORGED human as potential racial leader replacement was genius writting in BfA? (i mean I´m pretty sure the only reason we Hordies didn´t get -officially- saddled with the newest self insert of Christie Golden was thanks to the temper tantrum we threw back then when they tried to).

Void elves WILL get relevant Void stuff in a Void expac NOT because their void themes but because they are an Alliance race, and those usually don´t get horribly screwed up the closest they are portrayed to their human overlords. And guess who is the current High King of the Alliance, hmm?

And the less we speak of how “relevant” are Forsaken in Shadowlands, the better. Cause the issues are literally cry worthy on that front.

2 Likes

More options the merrier I say. Maybe some void elf like being plain Jane and that’s ok.

2 Likes

That doesn’t invalidate that them being on the Alliance-side would of made no sense considering that.

I wonder why they scrapped that. Probably cause it didn’t make sense at the time.

And people can keep saying this, but that will not take away the fact that Metzen came out and said that Blood elves are WoW’s playable High Elves. They made it make sense in a reasonable way, and I’m glad they decided to break the mold with it.

1 Like

The pandaren were initially planned to be the new playable race for the Alliance in World of Warcraft’s first expansion, The Burning Crusade, but about halfway through development they were replaced with the draenei.[8][9][10] In a Q&A thread on Reddit in April 2020, former Blizzard artist Trent Kaniuga stated that this was because the Chinese government told Blizzard that they couldn’t use pandas in the game. By that point, the artists had already created concept art for pandaren cities and buildings, but the change happened early enough in development that not much content was cut. The developers would not get permission to implement pandas until 5 years later. According to Kaniuga, “In reality it was probably just that they needed more time to negotiate it. Panda’s[sic] are a national treasure in China, so it takes a lot of negotiating to work a deal to distribute characters that look like that in China.”[11][12]

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/History_of_pandaren_in_Warcraft

Well I guess that’s one thing I can be thankful for, if true. Since they would of made no sense in the setting of TBC, since again, Chen being closely tied to the Horde would of put alot of people off I can imagine.

I still stand by using Pandaren in any argument concerning High Elves to be disingenuous.

Hard disagree. The reception to gilgoblins as a potential race has been a lot better than mechagnomes and thematically they are very distinct from goblins. Opposites actually. If they put enough effort into the model there could be some genuinely cool things for the race such as bioluminescence, tentacle hair, glow in the dark eyes(known to be cannon). They also have fins and some differently shaped geometry. Another thing is that they could probably be druids if they were playable. Something land goblins would never be able to be. Maybe even monks.

2 Likes

You sound like an abandoned Horde alt.

1 Like

I still believe Void Elves should be different from their kin. They are called Ren’dorei for a reason, please don’t screw this up Blizz.

1 Like

What if I poison Baine? Does that make me a Grimtotem?

1 Like

I support this notion, OP.

The patch isn’t out yet. Now is the time to make push-back against this foolishness. We should not be ok with void elves themes being made basically pointless.

1 Like

I’m curious how things might have gone if Blizzard had made Ally High Elves and then Void as an option. We could have, at least, a small scale hub sharing void and high elf themed architecture… could be gorgeous.