We are VOID

You are “hun”

If the dev actually read the posts they would realize it wasn’t a popular idea to turn void elves into retcon elves.

It´s more like 1/10… those “arguments” have been screeched by these individuals since TBC was announced.

Which is the actual funny part. They claim they don´t care and are “above this”… and afterwards come into threads just to expell vitriol on a designer choice made more than a decade ago while they try (and fail) to portray some moral highground.

Brae man, let it go. They will NOT turn back, cause any dev worth it´s weight knows cattering to the cheapiest common denominator is the way for the easiest revenue.

And these people will literally praise them for getting a copy pasted model already existing in-game. It doesn´t get cheaper than that.

Maybe this will FINALLY shut them up and the other races will get the chance to get some love for themselves (frankly the “core” pass was quite underwhelming for most races sans Humans, Orcs and Nelves. And even for these races it wasn´t perfect, they still have stuff pending to be implemented).

1 Like

Ticking off fans of the race isn’t the “easiest” route for revenue, and no other “dev” does that kind of bull if they actually did their job.

There is a reason why WoW is dying and it isn’t because of the legal stuff going on.

1 Like

No ones going to read aggressive folks that just keep trolling others to ruin the fun.

Blame the devs for not wanting to add a separate allied race instead by fusing it into one.

It was fun while it lasted my friend. Your efforts and endeavors have been a fruitful effort to our cause to make this happen. It couldn’t have been done without you.

Incorrect, this happens all the time on the forums.

I will blame both the devs and you so called “pro’s” for this. If pro’s actually supported high elves, they would not actively seek to destroy other races to do so.

No it has not troll.

Meanwhile, your effort was also involved in this because you basically kept refreshing the thread for us and made the wish into a reality. I mean, how could the discussion to ask for the customization with 8000 replies happen so every often without your 1000 replies?

LOL Ok

FYI, “my way or the highway” isn’t good game design. This is why a lot of folks are unhappy with SL.

Expanding choices is always good, and there is lore to support the new appearances.

4 Likes

Working policy and mentality don´t change from day to night, Brae. Maybe they are being watched right now, but I´m sure the laziness is still pretty much alive in Blizz HQ.

And yes, copy pasting a model to give it to a loud minority IS low hanging fruit as far as PR are concerned. Maybe people like you and me genuinelly believed in visual disticntion between the races, but most players don´t care. Like at all. the averager players is too busy prepared for his raid to bother with the pixels of the other faction.

Well, this wouldn´t be a terribad problem if we weren´t dealing with the current dev team. I don´t expect quality for the NB customizations for example… cause those (different from the Velf modifications) actually imply some measure of work.

The Nightborne are terrible and need to be completely redone, in my opinion. The rune ideas are awesome, but the whole thing is awful, from the way they stand, to the way they move, to the male pattern baldness.

Indeed, ergo: actual work.

And 3 more haircuts with 3 more colors WON´T fix this. So frankly, I´m not particularly excited over the NB announcement. The most hilarious thing about this problem is that fixing them is not terribly difficult, but this company had an “allergic to actual work commitement” policy for a decade or more. And that doesn´t disappear in weeks.

1 Like

Texture changes like hair colours, skin colours, tattoos and all that stuff is dirt easy. I can do that myself. It’s what many games allow for modding.
Actual model alterations? yea that’s work.

What they are promising however, I think are easy as duck things that anyone with some photoshop knowledge and artistic…ness can whip up.
I’d like some non constipated faces for the male nightborne (or base night elves)

Are Lightforged the new ‘forsaken’ now as they can’t add to their troops without their Naaru? or can ‘plain’ Draenei take the trials to become lightforged? does this mean we could have more skintones for them?

This is what their Allied Race quest goes over. It’s T’paartos. LFD are just Draenei that complete a trial.

1 Like

I’d like to introduce you to playable shadow priests since vanilla.

void elves don’t have a story, nothing to pay attention to.

Which is a shame, the concept had potential, just was poorly implemented in a limited fashion. They could have easily tied them into the 8.3 story since corruption and it’s resistance and defiance is the schtick for all playable Void Elves… also imagine the starter zone we coulda had if we had salvaged Nya’lotha instead of outright erasing it?

3 Likes

Okay, so what’s the issue here? more customization options are good. And plus i’m sort of glad they are going back on their word.

Granted, i might know why they are doing this, but just because i know or understand why, doesn’t mean i have to reject this. Especially since it would be kind of hypocritical to be okay with them giving NB and LFD options but not Void Elves, not considering the possibility that they might be giving NB and LFD that because of the reasons you’ve stated.

It’s also silly to ignore the possibility that the NB and LFD players even were asking for more customization for quite some time now.

You’re acting like by adding these natural options in, they will never get a chance to have void options. Or acting like we can’t have both here, when it’s totally possible. This isn’t destroying them as you subjectively think. The void options are still there. :man_shrugging:

It’s already too late. I mean after adding in Character Customization Options the Ship for Allied Races like Subraces is long gone at this point.

8.3 really would’ve been a good time to give them some story since they’re a brand new race. They need a bit more identity. I am actually pro high elf options, but with these options they lose a lot of their flavor as “the void race”.

Personally while I like the race visually, it feels very poorly thought out. Why doesn’t Alleria look like a void elf? where were they during 8.3? What separates a void elf from just a shadow priest?

1 Like

Anduin: We need an expert on the void now Shaw!!!

Shaw: We got no one king.

Alleria is coughing loudly.

Anduin: Really, no one?

Alleria is now coughling loudly blowing an air horn.

Shaw: Yep, not one.

Oh wait we found a black dragon!

Alleria jsut walks out going you people suck massively, you all know that, right?

She was 't even in the meeting. the stupid high mountain cow was. Good source of info there. Guidance on how to fail at life…she is good for that.

4 Likes

If 8.3 hadn’t been rushed and much more built out they likely would have. T_T

1 Like

I made a thread requesting half elves instead of natural appearances for Void elves

For those interested in half elves I will link it here;