We all need to participate

Wow and the state of shadowlands isn’t the problem, it’s a community problem. We must come together and participate and actually accomplish something. We do nothing but complain. It’s time to stop. Literally. Instead we need to look at the positives like having shadowland areas to rp in and dudblood people. Every guild must do their part. Oh and the fighting like needs to stop guys. And stop camping people it’s disgusting behavior. Literally hounding people. I dont know if it’s leadership these days for the realm or what but man I can’t find anyone anymore.

1 Like

You had me till here. Blizzard is getting away with returning only .0001% of our subscription money, into funding for WoW. We should berate them until they stop being so greedy and taking our subscription $ for granted lol

5 Likes

Im with you.

Dont know if you’re being sarcastic or not, but its true.

2 Likes

What do you mean? The community is in a golden age, and have yet to see a complaint until now. Everyone does their part, and we’ve seen very positive leaders. City rp is also pretty lit right now; weekly barnights are what I look forward too after a long day at work.

They do take our money seriously, just wait until 9.1. They’re adding some pretty kool systems. If you don’t like it maybe you should play tbc boomer. Wow is in a new age now, learn to adapt.

You lost me right here lol… They abandoned wod and this server was still bouncing right to the end.

Then they proceed to implement terrible system after terrible system and slowly dismantled the server.

Ps cool name brah, what’s your backstory lol

3 Likes

What do you mean? I can still log on.

Nah, people just dont play or put in as much effort as they used to.

I can name on one hand people that have tried to run events since Legion.

Plenty of wpvp and other stuff going on on other realms, ED just has an abundance of whiners and no doers.

Hell my old pve realm has more wpvp than ED.

Like, most of the playerbase moving to classic *and other realms hurt more than anything…

Maybe because the systems continued to make it harder and harder to do the fun stuff we always had? Literally every expansion had another system to make it worse. Don’t know how you can’t see that.

Sure it does man :roll_eyes: I have a toon on another server too and it’s more faceless enemies. Just awesome wpvp lol

By all means though keep blaming the victims of continuously worse game design.

Would you look at that! No absolutely trash game design systems and a community and world PvP flourishes. Magic eh? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you played tbc? You might like it.

Only thing its prevented you from doing is griefing events because they go in to wm off, and from harassing particular people.

Not a single system in place that has prevented people from actively going out or creating events.
Those systems didn’t make a large part of the community, that was active and actually did stuff, realm hop to WRA or other realms.

Is the game perfect? Hell no.

But this apathetic whiny crap gets old, when you see other realms still thriving.

I’m going to assume you dont spend much time out and active on those realms either. Because I got a list of people I know I will actively see out looking for fights on other realms.

Folks just need to admit they dont spend as much time in game, and they dont leave the main cities/instances anymore to try and do anything. Then blame it on “phasing”

If all of you were out, even with phasing, youd still see SOMEBODY.

You’re never going to have “those rivalries” if you’re not actively out doing stuff.

The game is in an actual lull, low point right now, across the board, so its going to be harder than usual. But Ever since the start of BFA, even when pop is up, you still hear this same whining from do nothing nobodies.

There was a ton of griefing in wod. Stupid zerg guilds that would bring in their multi boxers. Yet the server was just fine.

Really? Because out guild would go hunting every single week in BFA in those stupid BFA daily zones. We never saw the same people twice. No resistance formed because nobody cares if some off realm group is killing you.

Seriously dude. Blizzard slowly and continuously chipped away at what made ED, both from community perspective and a PvP one.

Ironic considering all you’re doing is crying about the people. We are crying about Blizzard because that’s actually where the blame lies.

Anyways, enjoy the remnants of emerald dream. I’ll be in tbc where Blizzard hasn’t yet wrecked the community.

1 Like

Blood elves were a mistake

1 Like

Facts but back to the topic at hand

You say that, but then everyone that was doing RP or hosting events bailed to WRA or MG to avoid that crap…

Hi im Llu. I consistently host and organize server events, nice to meet you.
I ran a massive rp-wpvp campaign in BFA, and tried my damnedest to set up and get fights going at the start of SL.
But yeah, its easier to point the finger, than actually do anything.

2 Likes

I agree that phasing/sharding/WM is not the end… but they do make it more difficult than it should be. While planned events are nice and if you care enough you can usually find away around the issues with enough elbow grease, non-planned small scale battles are not what they were. I can take 10 dwarves and go looking for a fight but find only a few solo Horde (this was before the lull… now it’s a big fat nothing) because sharding seems to force raid groups into shards that actually have LESS of the opposite faction rather than more.

So yeah… I agree some planned events and more people planning might beneficial, but an easier solution for a lot of folks is to go to classic/tbc where these annoying systems (that can be worked around with some planning, but that takes time and patience… not something a lot of retail folks cough kids cough cough have these days) haven’t reached their peak yet.

I kind of wish they could update retail to layering since it appears far more manageable than shards… though I wonder if layering will continue to be that way or if it will become just as annoying over time with whatever changes come from Blizz in the future.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to venture out in WM in retail looking for small scale or one-on-one fights, especially on my hunter pew pew. People not turning WM on b/c they want “efficiency” while questing is part of the problem. Questing is a dirty word to a lot of players that prefer retail but then they complain about no wpvp action. Forget about efficiency, turn on your WM, and just go enjoy being out in the world. That would be very helpful in making things better for ED and servers we’re xrealmed with as well I believe.

LMAO

Nah dude it’s a shadowlands problem. This is one of the most pathetic posts I’ve seen in 10+ years. “Hey guys the game sucks but it’s your fault! You need to help foster a community even though sharding/phasing doesn’t allow for it, it’s still your fault ED is dead!”

Do yourself a favor and give up. TBC is everything wow is meant to be. Ditch retail like everyone else with a brain has already done.

6 Likes

“How WoW is meant to be played” is an entirely subjective matter.

If people are “pro” classic”, then why does it seem a small handful of players from Grobb are coming over to these forums and posting? There must be something missing from Classic. Wonder what it could be? Hmmm…

Blizz has suckered some of us “old-timers” into “Classic” yet again. Lol!

Play what you want as long as you enjoy it.

Peace y’all.

1 Like

“How WoW is meant to be played is an entirely subjective matter.”

You misunderstand. How you want to play wow is subjective. Some people RP, some PvP, some PvE, etc. However extreme stagnation that amounts to standing around capital cities afk is not the way the game is meant to be played and I don’t see that as subjective.

“If people are “pro” classic”, then why does it seem a small handful of players from Grobb are coming over to these forums and posting? There must be something missing from Classic. Wonder what it could be? Hmmm… “

I’ve played on ED from vanilla until shadowlands. I’m a card carrying member, I can do whatever I want now and forever. If I want to voice my opinion that retail is trash and classic is better I can absolutely do that, obviously.

1 Like

Doing what you want when you want is fine, obviously, but being a self-proclaimed “card carrying member” from Vanilla doesn’t really carry the weight that you think it does.

Obviously you are missing something from retail if you keep coming back to these forums. If you don’t want to tell us what you miss it’s okay.

Change is never easy to accept and some people never learn how to deal with it.

Cheers!

2 Likes