We all know you targeted Boosters

Please like if you agree they targeted Boosters with the 30 a day reset change !

19 Likes

I believe they targeted anyone doing excessive amounts of instancing beyond the realm of reason for normal gameplay.

Most of those are going to be bots, boosting bots, boosters, and specific item hunting resetters.

25 Likes

classic bots got pooped on bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1pQd7YNHLc ← video very related

All that happened was boosters raised their prices

Boosters love this, they raised their prices by 20-35 percent. Instead of doing quick runs they just pull more mobs now, which yeah, increases the learning curve, but most of them will have it down pat in a week or two. We’ll start seeing 300 mara mob pulls instead of the 150 one. ZG might get some adds included to the pull, WC might replace stockades/sfk, maybe gnomer due to the amount of mobs in the instance.

Meanwhile, for the rest of us who don’t even have a mage, were gonna have to count our dungeon runs on ALL our characters each day, self rationing our own play time like some sort of child with a 9 o clock bed time. Ty blizz, very cool! I’m sure the botters with 20 different accounts are also pretty bummed out they have to actually take 1 minute of the day to logout and relog onto their other account after 6 hours of farming.

6 Likes

They should just nerf mages

8 Likes

Poor boosters will only make 20x4 x30 = 2400 gold per day :confused:

3 Likes

Sure, and that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

you sound like a person that works at blizzard.

I agree and good riddance

6 Likes

Sorry, but you don’t get to decide what “normal” gameplay is.

5 Likes

You’re correct. Blizzard does. And they made the change according to their interpretation of normal.

11 Likes

If they did, OP, I see no issue with it.

And non boosters/boostees don’t care.

1 Like

That’s not why they made the change. They made the change to try and curb botting behavior which has the side effect of affecting players who want to do more than 30 instances per 24 hours.

Yeah, and satire is an amazing thing, unlike this april fools 2006 joke that apparently isn’t satire anymore.

1 Like

imagine not understanding sarcasm

1 Like

I’m gonna be blunt but what Dot said was pretty much the reason why Blizzard did this.

You and many others may not agree, but Blizzard clearly wants us to play as if this is vanilla. All of the changes we’ve seen so far is Blizzard adding guardrails to make us treat classic as if it’s like vanilla 2.0 not a separate game completely run by 2020 meta gaming.

6 Likes

On average, how much time do you spend per dungeon (if you do 5 then stop for the hour, how many per each time through counting running back out to reset)?

Per SFK farm on my shaman it takes around ten minutes because I do a certain route and stop before getting to the last 3 bosses, I jump down and reset. After all the runs are done I hearth to sepulcher and mail my loot to a bank alt, and repair my gear. This is right at the 5 limit cap per hour. Now some days I do this all day if off work for fun/gold, could make a couple hundred gold if lucky. Not a lot at all. But I like it, and I like farming low dungeons using quirky sets. Thats why I WAS leveling an alliance pally as well to try out a thorns build.

This is what I actually enjoy in the game. I don’t raid, I don’t do max level PvP because the ranking system is terrible, and I use what little gold I make off farming to twink or level alts. You don’t understand HOW easy it is to cap yourself in no time with this limit. 30 is way too low. Also, if I wanted to do dungeons on other toons I couldnt now and would have to choose between what I like to do on my main OR running them on my alt, and not be able to do both as much as I want. 24 hour cooldown is insane.

1 Like

So that’s all you do, all day is just spam SFK? What about when you actually run on that pally or druid? How long are you in each dungeon on them? I’m just trying to get an idea of actual game time to help explain how hard it is for this to truly be a problem.

And it’s not a 24 hour cooldown. It works the same way the hourly limit works. When you go in the first dungeon, that starts the 24 hour timer. On your 31st dungeon, if it’s been less than 24 hours since you went in the first one, you’re locked out. At exactly 24 hours since you went into the first one, you can go into your 31st. #32 opens up at the same time that you did dungeon #2 the day before. So from when you walk up to that portal, it looks over the past 24 hours before that, if you’ve done 30 dungeons you’re locked out, if you’ve done less than 30, you can go in. If at this exact time yesterday you started a HOJ spam, then you’re getting 5 dungeon runs opened up within that hour.

To really be affected by this, you’d be doing nothing but basically selling boosts or nothing buy buying them, or just botting to be consistantly hitting a cap with your instances. Not that many people are consistently playing more than the same 6 hours every day of their lives

1 Like