"we’ve closed or suspended over 74,000 WoW accounts "

lol…shoots down this crap joke myth that multiboxing is allowed because of the money, LMAO.

4 Likes

Excellent, thanks for keeping it real! Literally.

I am surprised most of these were from Classic.

It was 76,000 tho

The reasons why you may see quick reaction time in arena is because of pvp scaling (your abilities don’t do the damage you see on your screen to the player as they see it on their screen). This can easily cause visuals errors as to when someone may appear low on health. Additionally, tons of higher rated players have purposely tanked their rating this season to more effectively farm echoes from players in lower brackets. They maybe 1700 right now but were previously a glad or r1 a few times.

1 Like

Even if they were I’ve never heard of a bot that cc’s people when you’re low hp, why would you even need a bot for that? Just do it yourself.

Super weird thing to claim is being botted.

I know some classic fans who have just been waiting for POE patch to hit. so with that patching…they have left azeroth.

Tides them over till SL. Where they will make the gold. to buy a token. to maybe play classic.

divide by (at least) 5 if the accounts were multiboxed ?

They said they completed ‘a round of actions’, aka they didn’t ban all of those accounts. Most likely suspended to make sure the subs are still coming in, the bots will be back in 2 weeks.

“closed or suspended” is their wording, which means exactly that. They either closed down accounts or suspended accounts. The former would undoubtedly be for long-term obvious gold making ‘professional’ accounts and the latter is probably for your individual player using a bot to do a bit of personal farming of various sorts.

The professional botter will certainly just create new accounts and start again. The player is like to give it serious thought before doing that, knowing they are likely to be watched in future.

Bot making is a very lucrative business, they have probably already updated their bot and are back to undetectable

1 Like

My Classic server is very full of players. It’s all of my retail guilds that have been dead for some time now.

1 Like

this was ONLY on classic

the reason there were so many bots is because they released the WoW token on china classic wow which made the gold farming market PLUMMIT

they came over to the NA realms and were making a ton of $ the last couple weeks/months

this is the reaction to that

i have played about 5 characters 500+ rating above 1700 this season and have never encountered a bot that does anything like this

the biggest issue with current design is that most classes have short cd ccs that dont require much thought (kidneyshot,stormbolt,fel eruption,strang,incap,imprison,mortal coil)

the game is very watered down and straight forward atm so you’ll often encounter warriors or dhs that just use fel eruption as a random 1 off peel most of the time

there is 0 possibility you’re playing against bots that are using cc to peel when you get to a ‘kill zone’

bots in retail arena haven’t existed in a LONG time
there were warlock kick bots in legion that were banned VERY quickly

wod had a TON of kick bots and mop had multiple botting issues primarily MW orb bots

however legion and bfa have had nearly 0 issues at all with any form of botting (excluding the specific rbg lock players that were handled quickly mid legion)

Please read the style and syntax guide pinned at the top of the forum.

Any person of any trust level can post a link by enclosing it in ` (grave, the other thing on the ~ key)

www.anyoldurlyoulike.com

76,000 bots gone.

I’m not. Classic might be worth playing again,

Which server needs more warlocks?

They won’t even skip a beat. I bet most of them have back up account already leveled on and ready to go just incase their current ones are banned.

If I was blizzard I’d be cluster banning by IP subnet and billing information, too.

If all the botters are using the same handful of VPN providers, boom.

You’d hit a lot of legit people that way though. The IP method.

If the account was banned as a whole, they’re banned in both games. Every active account has access to both games. That’s why it was worded this way.

1 Like