"we’ve closed or suspended over 74,000 WoW accounts "

So, does that mean there’s only about 1,000 of remaining in WoW in total ?

ok seriously though I have been noticing a new ‘bot’ in Arena’s and it’s getting DAMN annoying.

Once you get past 1700’s you start noticing this a LOT. When you get a player down to a certain ‘percentage’ they or the other players on their teams use a CC Bot to prevent a skilled kill-off. My partner and others in the guild are noticing it a TON.

So there’s still a LOT of cleanup to do against players cheating their ways to the top

source:

6 Likes

Can you share the source for your title? I’d like to read if there was a full statement or article. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

just google the title, I can’t link URLs (blizzard thinks I’m a terrorist)

edit: well, it’s in the forums actually, updating OP

3 Likes

YAY!

:cookie:

8 Likes

Tyvm for the link. :slight_smile:
Yay!!!

74k is alot of acct. Classic should be pretty empty
This week until the botters find another way in

2 Likes

:flushed:

Wait I’m sorry I’m confused.

What do you mean there is a bot in arena that uses CC to stop a kill? I’ve played WAY above 1700 and have never noticed anything out of the ordinary when it comes to CC it’s probably just better teams using their CC correctly.

I’m not trying to dismiss your point or anything, I just want to understand what you’re saying better! Is there any proof you have or maybe an example you can explain to me?

6 Likes

I think it’s good that they are taking action. That action just has to mean something in the end. Time will tell.

3 Likes

This was in the Classic discussion, so was it for Classic and retail both?

I’ve heard of kickbots being used to snipe CC casts at inhuman speeds, but never of CC bots. Not saying it’s not possible but it’d be a new one.

2 Likes

yeah, only one thousand people play wow

BGs are prone to botting as well. All sorts of things to make it easier to perform at high levels. It’s not just a PvE thing. Because there ARE people who will do anything to place high in the rankings for the season.

Naw you’re good!

So what happens in some teams we’ve gone up against will use a CC Bot that will CC you right at certain times just before you’re about to finish them off, which allows defenses and or heals to save the player. Myself, partner and those in the guild have noticed this happening more and more. (Yes there are good players out there that do get them off, I won’t discredit those folks)

I don’t think anyone is hacking in the 1600 bracket, man. Especially with how risky it is now compared to how low risk kickbotting was for a long time.

1 Like

BGs are prone to botting as well. All sorts of things to make it easier to perform at high levels. It’s not just a PvE thing. Because there ARE people who will do anything to place high in the rankings for the season.

Yeah for sure! I remember back in WoD above 2200 there was a lot of people kick botting, especially warlocks. I was more so asking for specific examples I could look out for. The more you know the eaiser it is to spot and deal with it!

So what happens in some teams we’ve gone up against will use a CC Bot that will CC you right at certain times just before you’re about to finish them off, which allows defenses and or heals to save the player. Myself, partner and those in the guild have noticed this happening more and more. (Yes there are good players out there that do get them off, I won’t discredit those folks)

I don’t wanna come off as rude or anything I’m just playing devil’s advocate!

1700 is a very low rating and I’ve been playing all season and haven’t noticed any sort of CC bot. Teams using CC to stop a kill is very common place even at lower ratings.

I’m not saying you’re not playing against some bots but it’s just hard to tell. I remember when WoD was out the easiest way to tell if you were playing against a kick botter was to use an aura mastery and cast a heal. The bot would alway kick the first 0.01 seconds of the cast regardless if aura was up or not. Dead give away.

Is there anything like this going on or is it just teams using CC when their teammates are low?

I’m wondering if this ban wave was gamewide, since the Blue post simply says “World of Warcraft” rather than Classic. In fact, I don’t think the term Classic is mentioned anywhere in the post.

It would be really helpful of a mod could clarify that.

I’ll just say that, having watched groups of Demon Hunter bots walking in and out of Botanica, if it was gamewide, they missed a few…

Considering accounts are for both. I would guess they ban the account
which keeps them off both.

2 Likes

My impression is that it was gamewide, but a higher focus in Classic due to other things Blizzard has published. They recently had published an article about getting people to help reporting bots in classic WoW. And the ban will effect both.

Source: