We’re actively discussing the best options to incentivize healers to queue

1 year ago. And where are we now? Honestly, in a worse off position.

Aside from a couple instances where healers were imbalanced for a short time to send 1 spec into orbit (FW, hpal, disc, rdru come to mind) which is objectively bad for the healer experience anyway, healers have repeatedly been shat upon including most recent hotfixes, when healers are already struggling to keep up in the damage meta.

Healing in WoW is quite the masochistic experience at this point. It actually felt better to heal on Augment last season than play an actual healer lol.

Sad part is, the rest of the game systems are pretty okay, even favorable in DF. Blizz PvP devs are fumbling the bag HARD on healers

16 Likes

Its only in solo shuffle. Everywhere else healers are fine. The fix to that is just inflating healer mmr by double and that will fix that problem aswell.

3 Likes

There is no fix possible. The only solution is to remove healers from being a requirement which effectively means soft nerfing healing into being useless. I said this a year ago and its still true now.

Healing is not fun and will never be fun no amount of hopium is gonna change that. Balancing PvP around 3v3 RSS where dampening is in effect from the get-go is doing the game no favors.

3 Likes

I refuse to believe you people arnt just AI bots.

Healers are an absolute menace everywhere BUT RSS. RSS is the only place where they are mortal.

I mean most places healers arnt the kill targets. Most classes can kill a dps partner in a cc chain done by themselves. You can see that with how many fist weavers there are low mmr and high mmr, when you know how to kill something it suddenly isnt so strong.

Oh jeez I wonder why when we give every healer spec an immunity button and a 1.5min trinket and nerf all hard CC and bake CC/Kick immunity as a crafted item for all and also make them do 2x the healing output damage dealers do damage output.

Thankfully they are balanced in RSS when a passive -50% healing aura kicks in!

My friend my last game had 2 melee doing 90k dps and my hps was 80k as a rdruid. Damage is almost double that of healing atm however defensives are very strong and proper use makes games last a long time, the first thing you should be fighting for is dps not having crazy strong defensives.

There’s no shot a shuffle dps denizen is saying this.

2 Likes

You said this a year ago and you’re still the only one saying it. Probably the 2nd worst take I’ve ever seen on arena forums so good job for that ig

1 Like

I’ll settle for same mmr as DPS so that healers aren’t literally 200 cr below the DPS by end of the season.

3 Likes

Currently that would be double inflation. (20 instead of 10) and in a few weeks it would probably be the similar.

Everywhere else the queues are hidden behind manual grouping, or the ratio of healers needed better reflects their actual population.

Healers are only less of a problem in premade 3s in the same sense that a kid thinks their room is cleaned if they shove everything into the closet before barely getting the door closed.

1 Like

In that 1 year time span they created an entire new pvp option known as blitz brawl.

I’d say they did a great job bringing healers in!!!

Oh wait, you meant arena…

Too bad!!!

The reason why healing sucks in solo shuffle is the dampening ramp up and nothing more. The rest of the game is fine because theres no dampening so dps actually need to use proper stuns to kill things, not just run at someone until damp is so higher they win.

tf does this even mean i dont like RSS at all?

Tell me why its the worst take I’ve explained my stance many times, Im waiting for a legitimate argument as to why im wrong.

The rest of the game is screwed simply because the game is balanced around dampening which doesnt exist outside of arena.

In all honesty, you can’t get healers into arena because arena is not that fun. The whole concept of trading swifty macros to gank someone as quick as possible gets stale after you’ve done it a few dozen times. And it generally favors the classes who can pump out the most damage the quickest during their CC chains.

And healers are supposed to heal through those super damage swifty macros while mostly being the target of CC.

Again, not fun gameplay.

No amount of “fair” incentives can overcome crappy pvp design.

4 Likes

You dont seem to understand ripple effects in balance.

The first poor balancing mistake is making healers exodia levels of overtuned, and in response to that we need DPS who have high burst to break through oh but in response to that we also need high defensives so we dont get gimped in a single CC oh and because of that…

I enjoy healing solo shuffle just as much as premade arena. Because I enjoy healing. Most people don’t enjoy either because most people don’t enjoy healing.

Healer shortages are a problem everywhere and always have been.

1 Like

The problem comes down to healer design itself.

Most people don’t enjoy the ‘sit back and pve heal’ playstyle, they need to figure out a way to make healers more interactive in PvP.

I don’t mean melee wings or fistweaver either.

These along with Disc are pretty popular, though, no? :dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like