WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

It looks correctly tagged to me. Green grom is called Grommash Hellscream and red Grom is called Grommash Hellscream Fel.

Yup, Rokhan was one of Rexxar’s companions in the Founding of Durotar campaign, along with Cairne and Chen Stormstout.

5 Likes

Ah I just refreshed the page and now their tagged correctly. Interesting.

That detail of Arthas as he started in the Human Campaign as Paladin to when he just got Frostmourne.

xhttps://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/876258.jpg

xhttps://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/876258.jpg

His hair becomes more unkempt and pale white, and his face looks a bit aged, and his whole armor is all frosty from the snow.

4 Likes

Several different paladin models, along with Muradin in avatar form.

I guess that one guy does wield Ashbringer.

Oh, also an update on this post of mine.

I was mistaken on the models. They were neither a huntress nor a female druid, but two models of different wardens in the mission to free Illidan.

But guys.

Female satyr models will be in Reforged.

4 Likes

Here’s a page with 330 models datamined from the game, just click on a picture to zoom in on it

http://www.kruithne.net/warcraft-reforged/

keep refreshing it, more models will be added over time

8 Likes

It looks like, instead of being a green yeti, the jungle stalker has been reinterpreted as the swamp elementals we see in WoW.

Metal golems, previously nondescript suits of armor with horned helms, are now overtly based on WoW’s dwarven golems.

Watery Minions, mur’guls spawned by a naga siren spell, have the appearance of deep sea angler murlocs.

Something that HASN’T changed is revenants, which don’t seem to be following the interpretation seen in WoW but are sticking closer to the original versions: primarily undead creatures instead of entirely elemental.

1 Like

Draenei ballistae, I assume being maintained and used by the Ashtongue.

E: The man, the myth, the legend, the mustache.

4 Likes

Yes, it is. I don’t still don’t see the problem?

Women exist. That’s not politics.

5 Likes

IIRC the draenei in their debut mission had trainable siege weapons which were just renamed orc demolishers, so this is probably their replacement.

2 Likes

On interesting thing is that there appears to be a female druid in there, looks like a druid of the talon. The implication of this is a bit unnerving. While the lore surrounding gender restrictions of the druids is questionable, given the prevalence of female night elf Archdruids, the lore regarding the gender restrictions for Sentinels and Priestesses is pretty explicit.

I don’t mind having some unites having other-gender variations, but I think I would prefer the game to be lore abiding, which means female only Sentinels and Priestesses.

Edit: Never mind, its not a druid, its an Assasin… My assumption is they are the non-hero Warden units?

My original point still stands though.

1 Like

You know, I was kinda afraid of this new game making it harder for custim campaigns to really make their own stuff due to how detailed the models are.

But my god there are so many models. Such diversity that puts WCIII to shame. That’s really going to help with rebooting custum campaigns, I hope.

The dragonflights have different styles, even the bandits are different from type to type. Chaplain, Emissary and Human Mage now have three seperate models. Jailor Kassan has his own model. Even one off heroes like Dagran and Dreamspring. Lore characters that didn’t even appear in WCIII but were active at the time are getting models.

Honestly, it feels like a lot of thought went into this project.

Side note can we just import the centaur model into the game? even scaled up I’m sure it’s a thousand times better than the current ones.

7 Likes

There’s also Diablo in a go-kart.

1 Like

There’s a model for Volcanus, the boss in the Dragonwrath legendary quest whose name is taken from generic skirmish Firelords, a WC3 DLC hero type. So a hero type that never appeared in any of the campaigns.

I wonder what that implies.

1 Like

Warcraft III: Reforged Spell Animations Preview

2 Likes

The only time I even recall the Firelord model appearing in WCIII’s campaigns was as a side boss in the Rexxar campaign.

We got models for some big guys now. Demons and dragons.

2 Likes

I have to guess that it’s just mislabeled Dagren, that guy needs to be Alexandros.

I’m still waiting on the Detheroc model.