Waygates are bad. Here's how to increase their usage by 9,001+%

I unlocked all of them and never used them, I haven’t even used a flight master in the dragon Isles, everything is a short flight away with dragonriding and I love swooping around.

1 Like

They’re okay. Just okay

Yeaaa the fact there isnt one is odd

What’s the point of there being a cooldown at all?

1 Like

I’ve done each initial quest for each waygate and maybe used one 3 other times, I’d say waygates are pointless in current form.

Forbidden Reach is pretty much the only reason to use a Waygate as it’s the only zone that is actually some distance away from Valdrakken. Of course, now that no one goes to Forbidden Reach anymore…

1 Like

Why would you dragon ride if you can just port everywhere

It’s so it doesn’t put mages out of work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To be fair the waygates were really handy for handing in the waygates quests.

Wouldn’t mind one inside the cavern and vald though.

They feel like they were designed with dragonriding not existing in mind. Or, like, dragonriding is delayed over a long period of time, rather than more or less immediately available.

It is basically useless. Another crappy system…

Reduce the cooldown on the waygates to 10 mins and they would be viable for very long distance travel.

1 Like

Add one to Zaralek

1 Like

For real.

I’ve got my 15 minute Hearthstone to Valdrakken, conveniently located in the middle of the Dragon Isles.

Then I have my other two hearthstones (Dalaran one being 10 minutes, and Garrison one) which I can then use to reach Stormwind City portals, then back in Valdrakken again like it’s nothing.

Waygates, which are placed in weird locations, AND a 30-minute cooldown, nice. None in the city itself.

I’ve really only ever used it for Forbidden Reach, from the plains waygate across from Valdrakken. That’s pretty much their only use.

1 Like

There should be a waygate in town, yes. By the flightmaster.

Additionally, there should be no cool down on using the teleporter. Divine Shield removes the debuff, enabling me to use the teleporter again before the debuff expires.

Do you know what that means?

It means that even the game recognizes the teleporter CD to be a negative status effect.

1 Like