Waygates are bad. Here's how to increase their usage by 9,001+%

They were built thousands of years ago, you’ll notice how they are mostly in smaller towns/area’s which are now pretty much all ruins

1 Like

I disagree.

Sure one in Valdrakken would be great, but the one in:

is literally a skip and a hop (of a glide) from Valdrakken.

I literally don’t go any other way to the Forbidden Reach so I use them all the time.

Lol, “zip around the Dragon Isles”… Blizz must consider waiting 30 min to be pretty zippy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been max level and have been playing for over 3 months at that and i have no idea what waygates are.

2 Likes

i keep reading this thread as “waggles are bad”

Way gates should have behaved like gw2 Waypoints
I just open the map click the WayGate and I am there.

You suffer from Wagglphobia

i suffer from the truth.

Why implement a travel system at all if it’s pointless and no one uses it? What a waste of game dev and player time!

3 Likes

Haha, I forgot these existed.

1 Like

Waygates are one of those thing where you are like oh yeah I am here and I need to reach the far east of azure span for whatever.

There needs to be a pad in valdrakken and the cooldown needs to drop to 10 minutes.

1 Like

And one added to cavern, how about that main tower right in the middle with the moth kill weekly

1 Like

I used the way gates to get to the Forbidden reach because flying there was annoying.

Other than that, yeah they’re not very useful. A waygate in ZC and in Valdrakken would be nice. 20 minute CD seems fine if those two changes were made.

I fly literally everywhere, so I’ve just been unlocking them and letting them collect dust since they really aren’t that useful.

Yep that’s the only use for waygates I have found.

But now I don’t go to the forgotten reach any more so it’s forgotten again.

2 Likes

Mostly, I use them to get back from Forbidden Reach when I do my twice-weekly racing circuit. Aside from that I mostly forget that they exist.

6 Likes

Huh… kinda like the Revendreth mirrors, Maldraxxus gateways and Ardenweald mushroom network I never used. Bastion was the only area I used to zip up to Spires of Ascension rather than fly. Also, it was a tidy flight path map, rather than choose your own wrong portal type set up.

TIL Waygates existed!!

1 Like

I was just about to ask this myself. Then remembered they were a thing that I hated, because of the dumb debuff and never used. LOL

1 Like

I honestly forgot that this was a thing. Waygates could not be further from my mind, I guess.

I use them whenever I need to get across the isles and they’re off CD. As for them being in Valdrakken, there’s one literally less than a minute of flying from Valdrakken in Oh’nara.