Way to destroy macros

You destroyed macros and most admins are killed. I’m not talking about updating or anything. You literally killed some of them so we can’t ever use them again. Thanks a lot for caring about your players with disabilities. I might have to cancel my sub now.

7 Likes

which macros are broken?

have you considered that they’re broken because the spells/abilities contained, no longer exist?

8 Likes

No that’s not it. I went on my add-on’s page and they said blizzard killed it. There’s no way around it. I had to use a sequencer and I macro’d my spells but it doesn’t work anymore now. SO this might really be the end of the road for me. I’m not going to stay subbed just to fish.

3 Likes

sounds suss.
an addon with its own page?

exactly what was this addon?

doesn’t exactly sound legit…

12 Likes

Why do you feel the need to troll me? Every add-on has its own page. Stop being like this to people who have actual issues with their game.

9 Likes

The rule to a macro is always 1 macro = 1 button press. If it did multiple things, it was always against the rules

14 Likes

Ok keep talking amongst yourselves. I’m going to cancel my 3 accounts while you mock me.

i have no idea who you are.

:woman_shrugging:

is there any reason why you don’t want to provide the name of the addon?

because it sounds like you were using something which needed to be broken.

14 Likes

Which addon exactly are you talking about? The GSE? That was updated yesterday.

Yeah but now all my macros are gone and I have no clue how to make it work again.

Blizzard always makes last minute changes. Even an update yesterday might still be broken tonight.

i just went to look at the site

i can’t find anything which says it’s not working, just that people were trying to use the incorrect version.

I did read about gse macro add on features will break but it was features that was not intended, gse used a work around to make it work but the ones intended which you can also make yourself should still work with gse.

I guess I need to look around and see how to use my old macros. I have them for every class and I need them to actually function. I literally can’t play without. I know they said something about keybinding it but I looked for hours and can’t find out how to do that.

Hi Holdmypug

May I ask what functionality are you attempting to achieve with your macro(s). If you give an example I or the community might be able to help.

macros or addons ? make up your mind

1 Like

I find it funny people are trying to legitimately help you and you act like a 6 year old in response.

21 Likes

I guessing they are talking about the GSE addon, its been around forever.

The primary functionality that is lost for GSE is clickable macros which allowed people to play on controllers and handhelds. This helped bad players be able to pay attention instead of watching spell bars, gave convenience for super casuals, and helped those with disabilities. These people were nowhere near the top of DPS or competitive in PvP. They just want to relax and play a game in a way that is enjoyable. There is a workaround though you do even less damage now since for clickable it can no longer be macro driven but spells this has many negative effects. OPs issue might be easier to resolve by going to wow lazy macros and importing a TWW macro but if they use a controller it’s more work than that. Whether you ever believe someone has a disability or not this game thrives on addons and gse allows people to enjoy the game more while not effecting anyone else’s good time.

9 Likes

This isn’t true.

My dps macros are legitimate

They usually have a major cd and any on use trinkets.

1 Like