Waterworks: Waxface -Overtuned?

I didn’t do waterworks, did Fungal Folly and Skittering Reach (oh my god that one was rough) but saw a lot of shaman complaining about Waxface so I was wondering about it.

Dunno, if it was just my luck that it was all shaman or if shaman have a particular problem with this guy.

I tried to do the poison and it ate maybe one tick of the damage from Burn Away but all the poison puddles burn at once soooooo I still have to eat the rest of it. Get knocked down to maybe 20% HP instead of 12%. I hate Waxface.

1 Like

Nobody is doing these in a group?
I know they can be done solo, but right now should be about unlocking T8 and getting bountifuls. Once you’re out of bountifuls for the day, or out of keys, you can go in there alone and challenge yourself.

I’m glad it isn’t just me that thought he was overtuned at 8. Best I could muster on my 589 ret was about 40% and that was essentially banking holy power to heal. At that point I was OoM and down I went.

3 Likes

I just did it I positioned myself on the other side of the poison, as the boss. He casted. 2 casts did 0 damage and made both poison clouds despawn. 2 casts hit me.

Can survive 2 ticks of dmg per channel. Just completed a 8 as fury warrior 581 ilvl.

So yeah don’t stand in the poison or at least I didn’t.

I just did this delve without dying and was awarded a feat of strength for doing it.https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/scarlet-crusade/zugzugsmokey

Just did this as a 572 blood dk.

Was very rough still considering a the majority of the damage is magic

Alternate blooddrinker, ams, amz, tombstone and vampiric blood for the fire casts.

Don’t forget about pet sac heal and death pact.

It’s doable but rough

Id get him to about 50% before getting destroyed as a 590 demo lock.

He kills fel guard in 3 hits, even through health funnel.

2 Likes

His aoe was doing 4mil UNAVOIDABLE dmg to me.

1 Like

So does the posion clouds block the aoe then?

I finally beat him on my Affliction Warlock. Had my voidwalker tanking and Brann was in healer mode. The poison wasn’t effective at blocking damage for me so it was a battle of rotating cooldowns and trying not to waste any of Brann’s potions, using them only when necessary and not letting them despawn before using them. Only 1 defensive cooldown per Burn away. If I was at high health as it was getting ready to start I’d use Dark Pact because it gives a larger shield at full health than it does at low health. I also had the Demonic Healthstones so I could use those more than once if I could last long enough to get through the cooldown. Also had some bandages. It’s an extremely rough fight in its current state and I really do think it’s not functioning as intended because the challenge is nowhere near reasonable. I also used up more than the allotted deaths so I didn’t get the bountiful chest at the end but I did get the Delver’s Bounty at tier 8 so that’ll give me a nice reward later.

1 Like

T8 was definitely challenging. I was 577 ret and his white damage was about 40% of my health. The other 3 delves at T8 were faceroll.

I agree, definitely feels overturned, OP

Can not get past his AOE. Have tried everything until I ran out of lives. =/

Exactly only one “instance of damage” and the channel is 4 instances. So usually you can block 2 with poisons. But like I said half the time it works half it does nothing, maybe boss needs to be standing in the cloud or something I’m not sure.

I can stay in the poison clouds to avoid 1-2 tick of damage but thats about it. got him down to 25% with brann as dps.

Really hope they nerf this, I feel like if you’re not a class with a lot of self-healing or immunes this is near impossible.

1 Like

Lol, come on. Delves are content for solo players specifically. People shouldn’t be forced to group in them otherwise what is even the point anymore? :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

I tried standing in the poison for the cast on a T8. Poison was still ticking for 1.5mil and it killed me anyways.

My solution was to let healer-Brann solo him for the most part (he was around level 16 healer-spec) and I just played pacman picking up potions.

I thought he hit for a bit much. There isn’t much for an eight foot tall werebear to hide behind on the AOE. I wasn’t truly prepared…

But I was able to get through it without losing a revive. Took a lot of running around and healing.

Drop two latern next to each other without overlapping ,save a def cd when he cast his burn aoe , hop from one latern to another when casts his toxic aoe - GG