Waterwalking

It was definitely an investment of time though. I had days where it took 20-30m to get one of the quest items. Plus travel time to reach the right zones. Plus travel time to turn in the quest items.
On a day with lucky catches it could still be a significant chunk of play time, and depending on your availability it could eat up a whole days worth of play time.

2 Likes

I have no doubt.
I even bet eventually they will also lock water walking behind the rep grind that flying has.

2 Likes

Truth be told… you own NOTHING in this game! I know many people feel an intimate connect and affection towards their characters they have dedicated MANY hours to leveling, gearing, transmog’ing ect…BUT you only pay a monthly fee to have the right to RENT (yes rent) use of those characters. Those characters and everything about them (including the mounts they ride) are solely property of BLIZ!

Pretty sobering thought to realize how much time and effort we’ve put into something we don’t even own! Kind of makes me think about WTF I’m doing putting that kind of precious time towards something that’s not even ‘mine’.

2 Likes

Just remove all water in the game and make the whole planet like Vol’dun.
Problem solved! Make it happen Blizzard.

1 Like

Just think about the people that got the crimson strider hahah

1 Like

Just play DK. PATH OF FROST!

Ion posting on one of his alts again…

3 Likes

I have a DK and haven’t used my water strider since I rolled this guy and let me tell you, having an additional option for my mount now is great.

But what I am wondering, is the new water walking going to be like current where you end up in the drink if you get hit and need to remount to get your water walking back again?

1 Like

But… But I do own waterwalking…

That would be sad if they do that.

Its this thought process that is slowly crippling this game… Stop this mindless sheep following and white knighting please.

6 Likes

Benadryl and hydroxyzine are awesome.

1 Like

The daily upvote limit is just as dumb as this change.

1 Like

This must be a troll?

If we have aren’t supposed to have any sense of ownership whatsoever, then why are we paying money? If the game was free to play I wouldn’t care so much. But for someone like me, a 14 year veteran of the game, I’ve spent untold amounts of $$ and time on this product. I hate when people say “This is their game” because no, it’s really not. We’ve paid for the service of the game all these years, and taking away mounts is hardly good customer service.

3 Likes

haha I agree. I ran out for the 1st time in weeks :frowning: I think I’ve only run out twice since getting to lv 3 trust. Here’s a :heart: for you :slight_smile:

They’re not taking it away from you. They’re just giving it to everyone.

2 Likes

Really? Most toys I earned years ago still work. Same with flying mounts I bought in BC…they still fly. Oh and all those battle pets all the way back to Vanilla? Yep, they still battle! Just because you earned something years ago doesn’t mean it becomes obsolete. Gear =/= everything else in this game.

4 Likes

I’m tired of all the sudden rule changes. There’s so much crap in this game that has been removed because of “prestige” it isn’t even funny. Blizzard has proven to me forever that nothing in this game is worth “working” for, the requirements are just going to be gutted eventually. Take the stupid mount, I would delete it from my inventory if I could.

3 Likes

for those complaining just to let you know to get the water walking mount equipment you have to still have the associated rep and buy it from the same anglers vendor.

3 Likes

Going by the logic of everyone defending the change-

Mage Tower appearances (all hidden appearances actually) should be available to all players.

Allied races shouldn’t be rep locked anymore

Flying should automatically be available in all past expansions

Holiday mounts/pvp mounts/rare raid mounts should be available at a vendor

Etc…lots of things that are rare or rep locked

Op and friends says you don’t own any of this stuff so just because you put the effort into getting it and other people didn’t bother doesn’t matter. You’re just entitled

3 Likes