Waterwalking

Pretty sure your Vanilla gear was scrapped when you got TBC quest greens, chief. Most everything we’ve ever earned in this game, every ability and feature, is eventually retired.

I’m surprised we engineers have been allowed to keep using MoP tinkers on current gear, I’m sure that’s destined for the chopping block someday.

2 Likes

We are not talking about gear brah.

And even then you could still go back and farm the old gear. That is why people hated Cata changes.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to replace an item because you got something better. It’s quite another when Blizzard says, “We’re breaking this because we want you to use something else.”

If they really hated the “dominance” of the water striders, they could have made something better. Instead, they decided to break what we have and give us a consumable to get our old functionality back.

13 Likes

And that’s great, right? Stripping the game to it’s bare bones while keeping the mind-numbing leveling process through all the old expansions? Speaks volumes about your foresight.

7 Likes

If something is working, you leave it alone. There is no reason to have something part of the game and have people grind to earn something only to take it away.
Game is going the wrong direction.

12 Likes

We’re talking about the nature of the game, one that obsoletes itself with every expansion.

2 Likes

Nope.

Was never this way until the diablo B team showed up.

3 Likes

It’s been this way since TBC launched.

If you’re going to follow me around like a puppy dog from your Portal Jockey thread, come up with better arguments. I’ll be waiting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, those shamans and DKs are jerks! I wish water walking potions existed!

3 Likes

You could apply this same stupid asinine logic to anything.

Oh they’re making the Zandalari trolls into ordinary trolls. You had the benefit of those OP racials for 0.5 expansions. Blizzard never claimed blah blah get over yourself.

2 Likes

Why would I follow you around? I am responding to this thread. This thread is about water walking. If you want to discuss personal things you can do that in the off topic forum.

The current diablo B team prunes for no reason and disrespects player time and effort.

4 Likes

You mean “dwindling “ player base?

2 Likes

I feel like nobody is listening to this. Many people have this position and we are not “entitled” because we don’t want other people to have water walking or choose what they want to water walk on. We just don’t want them to take it AWAY from our striders. We are fine with the strider opting out of the gear system. Make it like the shredder herbing mounts instead.

The End.

9 Likes

Only those who are too lazy to switch mounts because not all of us spend all day on our striders.

Don’t have a problem with them extending it to other mounts - just them removing it from the one advertised and sold as a water walking mount.

Not nearly enough since we are going from having it available account wide for all toons with riding to having to pay per character since you only get a free set of boots on characters with the rep if I’m understanding the system correctly. Plus you’d have to pay each time you wanted to switch to something else and then back again. On top of what we paid already to get the mount.

No idea how this is related. They could design zones now with less water if they thought the bug was a problem. Or they could have not introduced it in the 1st place. No doubt the devs who gave us the mount thought it would be fun … and heaven forbid we have cool, fun things.

And it was available for everyone else to get - or the Draenor one if they preferred red. This wasn’t some exclusive exclusionary mount that is no longer obtainable. People can still get them.

True. And they can add it to any or all mounts they want - without removing it from the water striders. However, they never claimed it would be an ability that would only be available for a limited time on this particular mount. While people expect gear to be replaced with new tiers, I don’t think anyone has ever thought, “I wonder how many expansions this mount’s ability will last before the devs randomly decide to remove it.”

So, will people be ok when they decide to remove the Sky Golem’s ability to farm herbs while mounted? Or remove all the vendors from the mammoth/yak/dino? I remember when they removed reforging and people who had the yak were not happy campers.

This dev team has a bad habit of removing things - things that aren’t hurting anyone and things people like. It would be nice if for once they could give something without removing something else at the same time.

13 Likes

Players have offered a lot of sensible and elegant solutions but it seems that there is a disconnect.

2 Likes

I facepalmed so hard that you basically assaulted me by proxy.

I’d never make it as a game developer. I’d purge every account complaining about now being able to waterwalk with any mount and consider myself a hero for making the human race just a little bit better.

2 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Please make the ignore feature a priority…

Thanks
Your player base

2 Likes

I’m surprised the “equipment” wasn’t put straight into the cash shop lol.
Suspiciously similar to the red dot…

1 Like

You know, I don’t have the Water Strider mount. I was considering repping toward it, but this news came before I could, so I probably won’t bother. I’m trying real hard to understand people’s outrage on this.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but no matter what combination of mounts you had before, you are no worse off with the mount equipment system. If you had the strider, then great, now all your mounts can water walk if you want, or you can get the anti-daze effect or the goblin glider.

The only way this hurts you is if you somehow feel angry about people who didn’t have the strider now being able to water walk.

If that’s the case, you’ve had multiple expansions to use it, and having the best travel mount in the game locked behind a four-expansion-old rep faction is pretty ridiculous. I lack any sympathy for that.

It’s going to be just like what happened with 310% flight speed when anyone could buy it. Some people will cry, others will mock them and two months from now this drama will be a distant memory.

5 Likes