Water Strider Discussion

That seems to be the plan right now.

So rather than having a mount, or a set of mounts, be prestigious for a particular skill, we’ll remove it and let ALL mounts be equally special.

God forbid this game mount actually have group of mount that serve a particular role.Why don’t we also let the sea horse mount fly and have every ground mount gain the ability to fly considering we already live in a world where birds forget how to fly.

41 Likes

Bumping do people can see this and stop over-reacting to this nonsense.

Anyone who thinks water walking is vital for the 1-20 experience is delusional.

5 Likes

Just leave the water strider able to function as it always has, while at the same time introduce these new abilities.

Voila, a good change without making it negative at the same time.

What is it with you people and this compulsion to take steps back whenever you take steps forward.

Or just taking steps back without taking any steps forward which you have also done a disappointing amount.

58 Likes

EDIT: OH GOD, it’s character specific? :confused: Nevermind.

1 Like

Aw man I just sharpened my pitchfork… back in the shed you go.

6 Likes

Do you play the game?

People were justifiably upset at the information they had received, especially considering devs have tried to restrict use of water walking mounts before.

Sub-20’s don’t have riding. Did you not know that?

11 Likes

It would appear as if my optimism was justified. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not every comment requires massive experience to produce a reaction:

‘Beast Mastery is now a mellee spec.’

I wonder how relaxed and calm you would be if you read that in the PTR.

1 Like

Been there, done that. I used to be survival.

Guess what? I changed specs and went about my business. lol

1 Like

Propegander at its worst. There is no logical reason for this change.

5 Likes

Hesitantly reaches for pitchfork…

8 Likes

Oh goody. Another gimmick to artificially make the world seem “bigger” that absolutely no one asked for. :roll_eyes:

37 Likes

You can’t mount up At All til 20. You run on your own two feetses, like we all did when we started WoW. The alts need this training.

Do you not know how to read or totally missed the Blue clarification post? You’re doing that fake-outrage over nothing.

1 Like

Pretty much still all boils down to: “All classes but DK get water walking mounts, DKs get mounts that do other things.” And yeah, shaman have water walking but they have to dismount to cast it, unlike DKs that came along later and got a better version.

5 Likes

I LOVE IT!!

Imma roll a girl version of Rexxar!!!1! :smiley:

1 Like

I am still very confused by all of this but I am a slow Gnome today (not enough caffeine clearly) but thank you for answering some of our questions.

:cookie:

Boy you guys really are the absolute worst at making a fun game, aren’t you? It’s like you just see everyone talking about how bad this expansion is, and then you go do stupid crap like this to make it even less fun. I can’t wait to see what you do next. Hey here’s an idea. Why don’t you just remove all movement speed bonuses and make every mount just a cosmetic thing. So everyone has to walk at normal walking speed everywhere. I mean because when you puke out a half cooked product like this expansion, I guess you have to find stupid ways to make it seem like there’s more than there actually is. This company is so backwards. I’m glad you guys don’t make something that people depend on their lives for, because you’d be killing a lot of people with your stupid “innovation” in making stuff.

29 Likes

Woah, woah, wooooaahhh there! The riot has been called off, sparky. Good energy though. Save it for the next thing.

1 Like

Striders should keep their water walking just like now, but be unable to use other equipment. Otherwise all this is is mogging our strider with other mount graphics (unless your a DK, of course (and shaman if you don’t mind dismounting every time you want to cast water walking)).

16 Likes