Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

A 355 resounding protection shields for what? Probably 17k? Mobs hit for like 5k tops even against clothies. You will at most only get hit MAYBE once when running past a mob. Sometimes zero times. You will never get dazed with Resounding Protection. Also since it is the best defensive trait you should be taking it anyway if offered.

About what?
Don’t generalize a reply.

funner fact… not all players have completed the previous pathfinders.

eg: a returning player from MoP, can no longer use their strider mount while they work through WoD content.

…which means they’ll feel compelled to waste a boost just so they can access water walking (which they already had, but was taken from them)

1 Like

17k is alot of protection IF and only if ,you get lucky in rng.

Please tell me where he said regrind. If you already did the grind the equipment is BoA. If someone does not have the strider if they do the grind they will simply have to buy the equipment for full price. Yet again, still BoA.

Why would i want to regrind that which I already did,lol.

R-I-F
At what point did I say you have to?

There are only like 10 options for that entire ring. Each piece gets 2. Azerite pieces are raining from the sky. You’d have to be INCREDIBLY unlucky NOT to get one since right now I can go get like 5 355 pieces if I really wanted to.

There you go.I’ve already did the grind ok.

Uh oh… FUN DETECTED, better nerf and destroy it and then wonder why the entire player base gets upset and people begin to unsub.

1 Like

Here:

I believe Pyro is misunderstanding your use of “you”. You probably should have said, “a player.”

He also starts that quote with “if you want to get a strider in the future”. Obviously if someone already has one then that “you” does not apply to them.

Some people are not that lucky ,my poor shadow priest hasn’t yet to got even one yet and she’s 365.

Not everyone understand the use of the “universal you”, especially non-native English speakers.

The mount equipment items are account wide. So if you re-socket water walking on a Water Strider, all of your characters can walk on water with that mount.

Once again. Where did I state you have to do it again?
Slow down, pay attention. IF you already have the rep, and the waterstrider, you’re set. IF anyone who has not yet done the rep and/or have purchased a waterstrider PRIOR TO 8.2 dropping, then they may likely will be subjected to the same rep requirement to purchase a waterstrider, that at that point will no longer waterwalk, and may or may not be given the item that allows it to, thus, we who already have it, are Ahead of the Curve.

355 azerite is an infinite supply though. You can infinitely grind it if you so choose to in one day via heroic dungeons or just wait until the next day for another map full of the stuff from WQs. Yet again though it isn’t necessarily “lucky” to come across it. Its more or less “unlucky” not to. Also, albeit not as consistent, but the other shield trait in that tier for being near 4 mobs can potentially help with not dazing if the area is dense enough to fulfill the condition.

Either way all of this is coming out in 8.2 where BOTH the daze and waterwalking equipment will be useless since you will be in the air after like a week and a half since so far the only time consuming thing for pathfinder revealed is revered with new rep which does not take that long especially since there will probably be intro quests that get you almost to honored similarly to legionfall and the dungeon quests and such.

You are mistaken. The equipment itself is BoA, so you can purchase it on one character and send it to another. The slots are per character. All the mounts on a character will have the ability, but each character will have to slot the equipment to get the ability for themselves.

Well.that’s one bright spot.Yet,I wonder what else are they planning.I do apologize for being a little ticked off by this matter.I will wait and see what happens.

Having spent a lot of time actually acquiring the Crimson Water Strider mount, I don’t know how to feel about this. I purchased that mount before the more common version.

2 Likes