Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Why would’t I have a complain about the fact that one of my mounts makes my other ones obsolete? Why wouldn’t I complain about the most powerful reward in the game being attached to a rep grind on an old expansion?

No.

People tolerate gear resets. But beyond that yanking away what players earned or have had for a long time is fundamentally wrong. If you can’t design a game with constant pruning than a MMORPG is not for this dev team. No wonder Diablo improved when those devs left and landed their feet in WoW.

2 Likes

If there was a gear in the game that made all other gear permanently obsolete, even after 2 expansions, I think this would be a really bad thing.

1 Like

I was angry about it the first time, but with the new system, it’s fine. Frankly, I think we’ve all seen enough of the water strider for the rest of our WoW careers.

Also, super-duper-mega-props to the dev who decided to make leather barding perma: Nothing–but nothing–in WoW made me angrier than getting dismounted while running through areas way too densely packed with mobs. I have punched many an imaginary dev in the nose over being dismounted. I am completely childish about it and I am relieved they will give me something else to get upset about.

They don’t make them obsolete! If you refuse to use your other ground mounts in non-water areas, that’s on you.

3 Likes

Of course I use other mounts in non water areas. But this expansion have 5 zones filled with water areas.

You also get 10% mount speed from being in a guild or completing Pathfinder Pt. 1. That negates class mount speeds. There are tons of teleport items. That negates class abilities. There are multiple fishing poles other than the artifact that give water breathing. There’s a trinket that changes you into a fish and gives you underwater breathing and swim speed. None of these things are consumables. All of them negate minor, out of combat class abilities.

A water walking mount is not game breaking. It’s simply crazy that you think that a minor, out of combat ability that in no way affects class balance or choice is so important as to make two mounts break the game.

Also, if you were really interested in having your IO score show anything (even though it doesn’t mean jack), you’d have posted a link. Because it’s just soooooo hard to modify a URL with spaces or whatnot so the forums will post it.

1 Like

Amazing how often blizzard “Fixes” what is not broken.

Fun detected, fun removed

6 Likes

Then people would equip the anti daze one, and when they got near a river they would switch mounts and than switch back. There would be no need to buy new pieces and switch between them, you would just switch mounts at will.

I mean… If i can walk on water using any mount I’m cool with it. I have 100’s of mounts but only use one because of the stupid water walking

The most powerful reward is when you are in a guild. You get great rewards for just being in a guild. 10% faster mounts and other stuff. I don not see how walking on water would be that great, but this is coming from a rogue player, who can not cast an ability to walk across water.

If we could fly shortly after reaching max level in expansions this whole thing would be a non-issue.
Instead, Blizzard made the Strider the go-to mount for many players via their “vision” of immersion and now they wanna control that too!
Wouldn’t want those silly players to be making decisions outside of their glorious vision!

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/O7Kkfpf

You also get 10% mount speed from being in a guild or completing Pathfinder Pt. 1. That negates class mount speeds.

Being in a guild does not require a rep grind on an old expansion. While I agree with you that this is bad game design, this is not as bad.

There are tons of teleport items.

To specific places

There are multiple fishing poles other than the artifact that give water breathing.

If the legion fishing pole is equivalent to druid water form than it is indeed very broken.

There’s a trinket that changes you into a fish and gives you underwater breathing and swim speed.

You can’t use these on dungeons or raids

A water walking mount is not game breaking. It’s simply crazy that you think that a minor, out of combat ability that in no way affects class balance or choice is so important as to make two mounts break the game.

It has enough impact to make every single M+ player want it really really bad.

Also, if you were really interested in having your IO score show anything

I was responding to someone accusing me of not playing the game. if you want you can go in the website and type my name. the score will be exactly the same. The D is alt 0208 and you can copy paste.

I didn’t provide a link because I can’t post outside links here.

So working from your point of view the Sky Golem needs to lose its innate ability. Right now I can ride it around picking herbs, then when i get to water I swap to my Strider, cross the water, then back to the Golem and continue picking.

1 Like

I would agree with this a lot more if the water strider was like an expac old but it came out in MoP. We’ve had access to it for like 7 years or so at this point so the devaluation of it is a lot less interesting to me.

Ultimately no longer being tied to a specific mount is going to be awesome.

There is no equipment that picks herbs mounted. Don’t know why, but there isn’t one.

I thought we already had this thread and they changed their mind and kept it on the way it was. (Minus BG, but half of the classes can easily get over the water).

Guess it only affects new players, don’t get the point of that but I am far over that limit.

• People who have the mount will get one free water walking piece that can be sent to any of their toons, and can buy others at a cheaper price. You’re not losing anything.

• There are clearly multiple equipment slots, they even show this in the screenshot. You can have water walking and anti-daze at the same time.

• The equipment is on a per mount basis, meaning that it’s shared for that mount across all your characters.

People with the mount lose absolutely nothing, and if the water strider is so important to them, they can now have a water strider that can walk on water, and no longer be dazed, and still used at level 20, in addition to being able to buy more water walking stuff cheaper than other players.

If you are raging about this change you are literally doing so in blatant ignorance of the actual facts, for the sake of false outrage. You are not having anything taken away, you are getting more than others.

1 Like

It is a common theme! And it repeats because they claim it is an “improvement” when they take away what players earned.

2 Likes