Watching some YouTube vids, is dual spec not going to be in WotLK?

I have seen the vid where they showed the Blizzard announcement that Blizz isn’t going to implement the original LFD that came with the WotLK expac nor implementing dual spec. I am so confused. I thought they were going to bring out what we originally had during that expac? What is going on?

1 Like

LFD wasn’t brought out til the last phase of wrath.

I think duel spec came in halfway through but not 100% on that.

RDF never came out with the WotLK xpac, it came out on the last content patch, a few months before Cata. Dual spec will be in though. As far as I’m aware.

1 Like

Ok well at least they will have dual spec. I am disappointed in the LFD. But dual spec would be a plus.

They’re making a group finding tool, but it won’t randomly group you up and teleport to the dungeon. I’d check blue posts for your info though as there is a lot of mis information going around about changes.

2 Likes

Ok I was just looking up what you said. Wrath came out on Nov. 13, 2008, and according to google the 3.3.0 patch that gave us the LFG tool that we remember came out on Dec 8th 2009. So your right, it was a year later when they implemented it. So I guess I had just misremembered on this subject. Thanks for pointing this out.

1 Like

No worries.

Please don’t ask me to find it but theres an interview where they stated that dual spec may be released on launch, they’re still fiddling with it iirc for classic LK though.

3 Likes

Ah got you ill look around in a bit

1 Like

Some of the streamers were showing getting it along with the achievement for unlocking dual specialization, so its in there. Heck I would love if they would put it in the prepatch instead of launch or 3.1.0 when it came out originally.

3 Likes

Everything youve said here is incorrect

1 Like

Yes dual spec is in the game.

Dual spec is in.

They were going to leave out Quest helper completely but public outcry got them to say they’ll put it in eventually but not at launch. I don’t know if we got a reason for this at all. Anyone know?

Random Dungeon Finder is still in the air, but nearly 100% not in at launch, probably a coin flip that it’ll be in later depending if player support continues to be overwhelmingly in favor of it on the forums, social media, and in polls.

RDF is not in the game. They are not adding it. They are doing LFG.

3 Likes

RDf was present for about 48 percent of the total time WOTLK existed prior to Cata. It was a god send for most players, except for the die hard role players who are the minority. The lead dev is one of those moonguard citizens, so sadly he is really fighting dungeon finder. Hopefully we win on dungeon finder as well as dual spec, if not the game is kinda already doomed on arrival I think. A slow death will be the case once more players actually catch on to what they are doing to us now at his direction.

8 Likes

A year before Cata.

1 Like

Dual Spec was released with patch 3.1.0 on 04-14-2009.

It was in for 49% of Lich King.

2 Likes

wo bro dont expect people to know what numbers mean they dont even know how to realize we’ll be on patch 3.3.5

You know… the patch where LFD was a thing.

Oh, so you can go into Ruby Sanctum on launch then? No. The talents and tuning are 3.3.5 and thats it.

1 Like