Watch The War Within™: Threads of Destiny

100%, this too. But alas, it’ll just end up being yet another really cool race that we’ll never get.

2 Likes

Crazy eye alert … and, I don’t mean the character on the left.

1 Like

Well do you want gymbro jaw or ex girl eyes? You have to pick one.

1 Like

Pretty cool animation. Xal finally has more than one face expression :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Also I’m still not he biggest fan of corrupted/evolved nerubians having humanoid faces.

Great job, I really enjoyed this!

Very much this vibe. I almost fully expected them to quote this word for word. Blizzard is definitely retreading the plot…threads… of old. Least it was pretty well done all things considered.

2 Likes

She goes slightly further back too with the lore teasing that there was possibly an Old God sleeping below Tirisfal. That’s where we found her, so…yeah. lol

6 Likes

So what, Blizzard isn’t allowed to introduce new characters, Mr Drac’thyr?

4 Likes

Someone needs to do an animatic of Xal’atath singing this.

3 Likes

What are you talking about?

Arthas Menethil, The Lich King, lasted only 7 years from his introdution in WC3 until his defeat in WotLK.
Xal’atath will be 8 years old before her expansion even starts. And if she continues into Midnight, which is likely. She will be beaten only by Azshara and Sargeras in age.

5 Likes

I would assume this kingdom exists as a separate entity from the Nerubians of Northrend and Azjol-Nerub.

1 Like

Last stand of Nya’lotha most likely refers to the destruction of Nya’lotha in BFA.

I would assume it would be a case where they were all part of one banner and then splintered with the death of Anub’arak. Again, I think this would require questing the zone to learn more.

2 Likes

Sounds like Kefka…and your name is Terra. I see what’s going on here.

3 Likes

Nerubians as a player race - with a second ‘crab form’. Great video.

Nya’lotha was ultimately destroyed along with Nzoth at the end of the final raid tier in BFA. Nya’lotha also included a vast amount of various different Old god forces, which would make sense why N’zoth would try to outreach a distant nerubian kingdom lost to time after the collapse of the Nerubian Empire.

It would be a good way for Seer Ixit to come back - since he was technically still trying to rebuild the civilization after you killed Anub’arak the first time.

1 Like

A monarch’s ambitions for greatness being taken advantage of by a void entity?
A kingdom thrown into chaos?
A villain that has an actual aura of menace and intimidation?

Guys.

We’re so back.

7 Likes

What’s Xal’s endgame here?

Use another empire and corrupt it to serve the (dead) Black Empire and replace it?

She said herself, the Old Gods are dead.

It begs the question, “Why?”

1 Like

Usher in the Void - the masters of the Old Gods.

5 Likes

Just seems odd she’s continuing her master’s mission when all they really did was scheme and try to devour each other lol.

Old Gods did not like each other.

She very well could be using an ancient tactic called “lying.”

But honestly, we DID hear N’zoth in the past very explicitly say he remembers us. The theory that he’s still actually alive and his “death” was staged, or that he had a plan to return in some way, actually seems extremely plausible.

5 Likes