Watch The War Within™: Light and Shadow

Loved it! I really hope we get a lot more of these. I think it would be great if we got a lot of these with side characters too, maybe things they are doing behind the scenes, or on a mission/quest. I like a lot of the characters you focus on but there are SO many characters in game, I feel bad when we don’t see or hear about them for many expansions.
Just my take though, I know these will be made to service the current story.

I rate it 10/10. Amazing short, it makes me so hyped for Midnight!

Following Alleria around in Neutral Quel’Thalas, killing Amani invaders and their evil allies… it will be like the Second War all over again! :grin:

Anime is any animation created in japan. this was created in america, so the terminology is cartoon.

I guess some people mean the art style, but even that isn’t anime-like, so idk.

This close thing for Amazon prime of The Legend of Vox Machina…Blizzard

I swear if you do cross over with Vox Machina or Do animated show…I WILL WATCH IT!!! PLEASE DO IT!!

Don’t know what that is folk? well art style remind me of this 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btf_uj2FPrE

Vox Machina’s art style is way better though.
While I do like the video for showing us the war between the elves and the old Horde and Alleria’s transformation, I’m not really a fan of Blizzard’s art style in this. It has that old comic look, which surely has its fans, but I’m not really one of them.

Thanks! I admit, I only read the first short story release for TWW as I like to rely on in-game lore most of the time, but it seems I’ll have to change that mindset. I’m glad they are still together, albeit strained, they are my favorite power couple.

1 Like

This was really impressive. What a wonderful job.

1 Like

Looking at the video, arator looks different then previous versions of himself. His face has more of his fathers looks.

Is he gonna have a new model in game soon?

That is not what bliz called it, and you have no idea where it was made.

I prefer that things be shown in-game as well, but at least that short story is free, and it’s a good medium for covering things that aren’t just action or wouldn’t have the player character present. Also, if you haven’t listened to it already, check out “A Thousand Years of War”. It’s a fantastic audio drama, and I wish Blizzard would make more of them.

I’m surprised Blizzard hasn’t made an animated show already, given the popularity of such shows. It’s not like they aren’t aware of Critical Role and Legend of Vox Machina; Blizzard has sponsored CR one-shots before, and most of the cast have worked on WoW in major character roles and/or voice-over direction.

Certainly not in japan.

Doesn’t change the fact it isn’t anime.

I can already tell by your posts that you must be right no matter what. And we can differ on what it is. But, if Blizzard chose to call it anime, it’s anime. Japanese use the word anime to describe any animated work. Which this is. So, I am not judging if blizzard wants to call it an orange an apple or otherwise. To me, its animation that is made in the style of japanese anime. So, I don’t like it. Never have.

I was waiting for Skeletor to show up halfway through the animation.

It doesn’t matter what blizz calls it. It is not anime, as the word was derived to represent japanese animation.

Most likely blizzard used the word improperly to use it as a buzzword in order to get more clicks/money.

It’s not just the style, it’s where it’s from. As there is anime from japan that don’t use the usual shonen art work.

It’s fine to have an opinion. But at least call it what it is, and it is not anime.

Would like to see an animated series covering the first, second and third wars.

No…not first or 2nd there is a reason why they are almost never mentioned. Its 120 words of plot

You would effectively need to triple the games lore then explain why all major characters were missing in wc3

They give Alleria Garrosh’s voice lines like we wouldn’t notice?

(Video ruled, btw.)

Doesn’t work like this. Only if it was animated in Japan, it’s considered anime. Aside from that, Blizzard has clearly chosen an '80s cartoon style.

Don’t forget Anduin’s grapple with the void in Legion was intentionally written in–it was a critical story breadcrumb…