Watch Shadowlands Afterlives Animated Shorts

Maldraxus looks great, but the plot is not as interesting as the Bastion plot so far, but is fitting since Maldraxus is the plane of eternal war.

2 Likes

Confusing?
Imagine saying “there could be surivors” in the realm of the dead…

Someone please explain how one dies in the lands of the dead? where do you go after this?

3 Likes

I liked the bit at 0:59 where she goes on a mission against the Burning Legion.

(Spoiler)

There are other references in Maldraxxus to their defending against invasions of the Shadowlands by the Void Lords and the Naaru.

There’s a bigger war going on out there…

1 Like

I would have given you multiple likes if I could. I too am curious how you die after being dead.

“It’s not pining, it’s passed on! This [Orc] is no more! It has ceased to be! It’s expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late [Orc]! It’s a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn’t nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies! It’s metabolic processes are now history! He’s off the twig! He’s kicked the bucket, he’s shuffled off the mortal coil, rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-[Orc]!”

I think was explained somewhere that when a soul in Shadowlands “dies” it becomes pure Anima and the soul is gone forever.

2 Likes

I’m just going to say, if the intent was to make me care about Drakka as a character, congratulations, you failed. You could take her out and replace her with a baked potato and it would probably have more screen presence than she does.

2 Likes

Actually it’s just a recycled shot from the Illidan Harbingers video. Watch it again, they just reused it and hoped we’d either miss it or perform mental gymnastics for them to excuse it.

1 Like

So will Blizzard address the reuse of images?

One takes place near a forest and mountains with fel energies, yet the Illidan one takes place on a broken landscape? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I mean… okay? Pretty sure those crates in my garrison are also a reused graphic.

2 Likes

Save thy cost production. :ok_hand:

My opinion is that the point of the Maldraxus short was to show us that what a character was in life does not matter much other than when the Arbitor is choosing where they go.

Yawn, looks like a boring zone with a boring character. Hard pass, NEXT

3 Likes

This latest short was okay. Definitely liked the Bastion one better though. It was a bit more impactful.

4 Likes

Stop trying to defend it.

It’s pure laziness.

5 Likes

then I think Alexandros would have been better. A paladin killing undead all his life ending up in Maldraxxus? Now that is some interesting conflict.

2 Likes

Excited to work along Draka! Also…Fel Guards in the Shadowlands?? Are they invading or are demons that are slain in the Nether sent to the Shadowlands??

Necrolords best covenant.

1 Like

Yeah, this confused me. I thought that demons went back to the Twisting Nether upon death, or were 110% dead if killed in the nether itself.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but Drakka had absolutely zero screen presence in that cinematic despite her being the focus. She’s just there.

6 Likes

The most they could is speculate what happens to those that die, so I guess that’s the same for Demons in that they could be wrong? No idea.

The guy Draka speaks with at the end looks like a Fel Guard himself, so maybe demons die and they also get to choose their form of choice? Or maybe the demons orgins is from the Shadowlands and the Legion has been recruiting the denizens for years?