Was Xe'ra good or evil?

Well, it does mean they’re evil unless captured and reprogrammed like arnies model was

1 Like

The future John Conner had specifically programmed that Terminator to protect his past self. One of the bits left out in the movie is where the young Conner hacks that Terminator to remove the limiter placed in it by Skynet to keep it’s soldiers from evolving.

1 Like

Revisiting Zereth Mortis recently got me thinking on this. Remember when everyone complained about the Prototype Pantheon because they were essentially robots infused with a soul and that was “so bad” when it actually explains a lot about the WoW cosmology and the nature of WoW religion as being based on a divine soul principle. The prototype pantheon was devoid of empathy because they lacked a soul.

What if Xera is just a prototype Naaru without a soul? It explains her rigid perception of her own directive within the cosmos as well as her apparent lack of empathy.

But it’s just a theory.

2 Likes

I know that scene. That still proves the Terminators aren’t all evil, even if they were created for such.

It would certainly help to explain her rigidity and need to follow the lights programming.

It’s a good theory and I can see that being true

3 Likes

Except the parts where Xe’ra clearly makes compromises. Though if what you said was true, you couldn’t blame her for her actions any more than a dishwasher can be blamed for spraying water on dishes.

I’ve been delving a lot in Shadowlands and BFA. I think I have a great cosmic scope figured out. As you can tell by my incoherent ramblings lately.

2 Likes

You miss my point. labeling the Terminators as “good” or “evil” is meaningless when neither really acts out of choice. The second Terminator would just as enthusiastically crush young Conner’s windpipe if it was reverted to it’s original programming.

2 Likes

And no one is going to hang anyone for blowing up a dishwasher.

True. Though Arnie’s character in T2 clearly turned good.

And that still means her actions couldn’t be called evil by anyone in Mith’s scenario where she’s just a protoype.

Your maximum SAN is 100 minus your Cthulu Lore Ranking.

2 Likes

I messed around in SL for a bit again on a toon I don’t play anymore but thinking about it now?

My only real issue with SL is zooval and how badly he was handled as a character. He had the potential to be a great villain

Might take my Druid through SL and see if I missed anything

1 Like

That was never part of my discussion. Illidan is still justified in blowing her away. Good and evil are certainly not relevant in descriibing entities that are that inhuman.

1 Like

Not justified if she’s the soulless prototype, because there’d be no morality there. Can you explain what you mean by “inhuman” in this case?

She’s not the soulles prototype. Pretty much all Naaru seem to be nothing other than programmed AI constructs.

Morality is a human concept. The Naaru are not even close tobeing anything like Human… they may not even be alive.,

She’s too alien to have the same morals as we do. She doesn’t understand that people don’t always need the light to be saved

At least that’s how I see it

1 Like

In which case she can’t be called evil for her actions, and her demise isn’t a moral victory to celebrate.

God what a good scene. Liam O’Brien man, always knocks it out of the park.

Anyways yeah X’era wanted to do some crazy stuff, got lazered for it. Does that make her good or evil? Eh. She’s part of the foundation of the universe, no more good or evil than any of the elementals, I guess.

1 Like

I hated most of the dialogue, but agree the quality of Liam’s voice acting was good (as was Travis Willingham’s - Turalyon’s voice actor - when he called Illidan out). Xe’ra’s voice actor (Kate Higgins) didn’t get to do much emotional inflection, so I’d say she just did alright with the material she got.

One… as I have repeatedly said… Good and Evil aren’t relevant to this discussion.

Two… No one’s doing any victory dances. The only thing Illidan does is stop Turalyon from trying to gut him and trying to get him to think for himself for a change.

Three… I don’t celebrate the act itself, but the very boss scene that depicts it. It’stightly acted and the effects are done just right for both BatBoy and the Holy Chandelier.

3 Likes