Was Xe'ra good or evil?

Thank you, and relax I do not get things personal, not here at least it. :sweat_smile:

Everyone likes a characters based on your own life, choices and affinities.( even if that person don’t realize).

He does, and thats the beauty of it. The guy has no luck in life and we all know what he truly wanted was to chill out by a lake with tyrande and 2 children.
Alas he was not prepared.

4 Likes

You had some good advice, my suspicions remain.

What makes you think I created those reasons? You can’t blame someone for taking bait without also blaming the one who set the bait.

Whatever you want to call it, the fact remains that you criticized my behavior without criticizing others despite acknowledging they’re practicing bad behavior. It’s not immature to point out a double standard.

An analogy; when a person buys illegal drugs from a dealer and the police catch them, they don’t only arrest the person who brought the drugs and let the dealer go.

You, along with a few others, were happy to assume the worst of me in earlier comments (there’s still a bit; you wrongly accuse of lack of self-reflection). Why the change of heart for you; from hurling accusations to constructive criticism? What do you think I was tricked into saying?

For months, I had the impression a few of you would celebrate if I left the forums (probably still might if I did).

You could have just not responded. :thinking:

:melting_face:

Come on, man.

If people lied about you, what would you do? And why did you ignore parts of my comment?

Who are we actually talking about here?

Literally, what.

As I said before the ‘he said, she said’ stuff from the past I don’t care about.

I saw you randomly attack someone’s personal experience and I told you to stop doing that.

That person who shared their personal experience literally did nothing wrong.

Because either

A: They weren’t directed at me specifically
or
B: They were something I’ve already responded to before and you just ignored it.
or
C: They were edited into your comment after I had already finished writing my response.

Who’s lying about me? These four;

Formerly known on the forums as Renautus (more fitting quotes were memory-holed by the mods)

Formerly known on the forums as Micah (I brought up paganism only with him to try and get him to put himself in my shoes, citing paganism because - not sure if he’s changed faith since then - last I checked he was an avowed pagan).

I shared quotes because I’m not sure if naming names violates the code of conduct.

Alynsa said things about me that are false, but though wrong, she is not a liar (this might get a pass because it’s not an attack).

I think if I was baited, they’re regretting it now as they feel partly responsible for what I said to that guy as my words were product of that (in which case, they should’ve thought of that before they started baiting).

As for what I said in that comment. To clarify; I thought the person who shared their personal experience was one who criticized my defense of Xe’ra by assuming I only did so out of conflating her with my real-life faith. So, when I saw that he was conflating something from his life with the situation which played a role in his view, it looked like hypocrisy to me, and that’s what I attacked.

As for my remark about his experience; it’s easy to lie about things online, so whenever someone shares personal information on an online forum, I always take it with a grain of salt (plus I have experience with liars on the forum). So, when I asked about what exactly happened to him, I said a bit more to get an answer, which is when gave details about what happened (and I didn’t attack that comment).

If anyone’s fishing for an apology from me, depends what they want an apology for.

I know this thread’s gone wildly off-topic, but in for a penny, in for a pound.

P.S. You could go back and edit your comment to address anything added after in a previous comment.

How is this an example of someone lying about you? lol

Again, I don’t care about ‘she said, he said’ or cringe forum politics.
I saw what I saw, and that’s largely what I’m responding to.

I don’t care if you have some personal beef with other people here on the forums.

Okay? Does that put you trying to dig into their personal experiences in a positive light?
Of course not.
Assume what you will and move on.

You kind of did by portraying their experiences as being non-valid via comparisons to people living in other countries.
It also seemed like your intent was to discount them by digging into specifics about things like ‘exorcism.’

Well you clearly went about it in the worst way possible.

Nobody wants an apology from you.
They just want you to stop taking everything about religion so personally, that’s it.
If you can’t do that, stop responding to comments like that.

That is all.

1 Like

Then you’re making assumptions without knowing the full story.

Okay?

I didn’t attack his next comment where he gave details of the exorcism, that’s what I was referring to.

I think if I’d just used the first two lines pointing out the hypocrisy it would’ve gone over better.

Making such one-sided criticisms makes the sound advice sprinkled in less palatable.

Your double standards and quote-mining aren’t doing you any favors. If you want to be more effective at convincing people to do something or making a point, stop doing those things.

I’m not making assumptions.
I’m just telling you that you can’t handle these conversations, you’re either baiting yourself continually or getting baited by others.

‘Who started it’ doesn’t really matter.
You have the power to simply save yourself the embarrassment.

Not sure what about that was confusing for you.
You clearly jumped to an emotional level when writing your response.

Regardless where you ‘attacked’ or not, shouldn’t have done it.

Next time I’ll hand out lollipops while doing it, does that make it more palatable to you?

I’m talking to you, not them.

What?

Take my advice or leave it.
Continue to get clowned on, I have no problem with that.

Hell, if you keep doing this in the future I’ll just join them in clowning on you.
You’d just prove yourself as a lost cause operating on a simple mindset of everything being a 2-sided conflict.

Edit: See how I responded to every single word of yours? Happy now?

You said they’re clowning on me and baiting me, does that mean you think they’re harassing me?

I’d already moved on after Syiax gave me details.

:person_shrugging:

I already know you think it’s immature to call out double standards.

And therein lies part of the double standard.

By leaving out parts of my previous comments in your parsing.

If you don’t care, why go to such lengths to give this advice? You contradict yourself.

We’ll see.

You missed part of it when you skipped;

There’s still some unanswered questions in my previous comments.

They think you’re funny to mess with.
You decide whether you want to continually engage with that, there’s no harassment here.

Sorry, did you want me to personally pat you on the head for a piece of basic self-reflection or
?

Y’know what, you’re right.

Do what you want, listen to me or don’t.
I’m done with you.

I brought up one of my early personal experience as a gay man as an example to correlate reality and fiction so you could see what I meant and others too when talking about Xe’ra “lust” or “zeal” in the situation with illidan, I thought that it would help you see that even if she is a good person(naaru) she can do evil things, she can be wrong and thats alright cuz it is fiction.
Reality things are not that clear and now I regret to have shared my experience with you cuz all you did was doubting and putting myself in a position of “thats not that bad”
I do hope you never have to get your traumas belittled or something like that.

You can acusse me of lying (its internet hu?) But i don’t have reasons to do it, and you or this topic are not that important so I would have time to fabricate a history.
Anyways i think this topic already lost its meaning.
I’m a naughty sexy devil and i’ll waste my time with more earthly things, like pizza?
All in the name of Slaanesh :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

It’s wrong that he tried to twist your personal experience as if it’s some contest.

Sorry that happened to you, pizza and other goodies are always fun though :bear:

2 Likes

Mark Hamill kept the Joker on the map. Thing is you have to admit that Illidan chewing the scenery IS FUN to watch. You don’t have to share his questionable moral and ethical outlook to enjoy the character. Plus his visual design is nothing short of awesome.

3 Likes

I don’t even know why I’m bothering to do this because it always goes the same way, but here we go. Once more into the breech.

Incorrect. I have never assumed the worst of you. Not once. I have consistently tried to approach every single conversation with you fresh, hoping for a different result, that this time you would not devolve into your old behaviors.

That said, while we are all flawed and don’t always show our best selves, we all have lines we will not cross. Consistently you have never crossed the line of attacking people for their sexuality. You have never behaved in a way that would make me think you are homophobic. Even when a character’s sexuality has been the topic of discussion and you enter that discussion, you’ve never once behaved in a way that is disrespectful. Or at least, I’ve not once seen you behave in such a way.

So if there are actual issues I take with things you say and behaviors you exhibit (and before you think it’s some Uno Reverse own, I know the inverse is also true), why would I go out of my way to accuse you of behavior you don’t exhibit?

I dunno. At the end of the day, I feel like this response is a waste of my time, because you’re not going to take it in the spirit I’m typing it. Again, we’ve been through this rollercoaster ride before and nine out of ten times you turn it into some “but what about you” argument or “but look at these people”.

This is why I doubt you do much self-reflection. You consistently turn any criticism into deflection. By the time I even got to type this, you’ve already engaged in it with others.

Maybe I just have a little too much hope inside me that things can change.

4 Likes

They might be reconsidering that now. And your refusal to answer the question is telling.

No, just pointing out the bit you missed when you literally said you addressed “every word”.

Whatever. You can also choose to not respond to me.

Your previous comment had constructive criticism, which was a pleasant surprise. I never thought this latest comment was some “no you” accusation (even before your head’s up).

Whether or not you’re giving me too little credit (in some ways yes, in other ways no), you give a few of my detractors too much. I don’t like double standards and criticizing me for something while ignoring others who do the same or worse - whether my actions deserve criticism or not - fits the bill.

I can take criticism, and whether you believe me or not I’ll look into whether I really can or can’t. I just ask if you criticize me for something you see someone else doing too, don’t turn a blind eye to them because that’s illogical, unfair and undermines the criticism (which is why I’ve been suspicious of Dontsayiam).

Calling out particular behavior regardless of who does it and whether or not they’re on “the same side as you (speaking in general, this isn’t a personal calling out)” makes for better debates, better conflict resolution and puts out a better image.

Oh definitely. You know if Illidan is involved, we’re going to have some fun in the scenes following. For me, he’s reached the point where waiting on him to mess something up is part of the fun in it.

There is no need to reveal personal matters to present solid arguments about WoW’s history, unless the objective is precisely to appeal to readers’ emotions.

1 Like

So his personal life should not be relevant, but other people’s religious beliefs coloring their own opinion is just fine.

Not at all hypocritical.

4 Likes

Your conclusion is based on the distortion of what I wrote.