Was Xe'ra good or evil?

Maybe you should look at the context before you start an advisory. Thadeus isn’t responding to personal attacks… He’s MAKING them. When I make an opinion of a character’s actions and he responds by in the effect. “That’s what I’d expect a moral subjectivist would say”, trust me he’s not being flattering when he applies that label to someone.

On the occaasions he refrains from souch posturing, it actually is possible to engage with them civilly and it actually HAS happened.

Bruh.

You have a reputation of derailing threads you’re in by starting arguments about religion.

You tried arguing about someone’s personal experiences for… literally no reason, at all.
Traumatic personal experiences at that, which is why I told you to just ‘stop.’

Regardless, you’re either playing dumb here or are somehow doing all of this unintentionally.
Either way, I’ve said my piece to you and you can do with it what you will.

I know, I meant ‘respond’ meaning that these are comments on his original post, and he shouldn’t respond to these kinds of topics on his posts in the future.
Not that he was ‘responding’ to something attacking him.

I don’t doubt that.
But that clearly wasn’t his intention with his response, as you are clearly aware.

2 Likes

No, you’re clearly on their side (especially if you don’t call out Drah who’s at least as bad as me with arguing for the opposite side), you’re just trying to be more polite about it.

You should look in a mirror when you accuse someone of that.

I don’t even think there’s any ‘sides’ here, honestly.
I’m just telling you that you clearly have a problem when it comes to responding to topics like this.

Drah is also clearly trying to poke you into arguing with them.
Which they seem to be successful in doing.

That’s all.

Then why don’t you criticize Drah for arguing the way you criticize me for and trying to bait instead of agreeing with her? Clear double standard.

That said, good advice about ignoring Drah, I’ll do that.

Because Drah doesn’t bait themselves into getting needlessly angry.
Or at least it doesn’t seem that way.

You responded to someone talking about their personal experience and you tried ‘retorting’ it…

Drah never did that.

No, Drah just lied about me and said things that would never be allowed on the forum if they were said against other religious groups. Take her comments about Christians, replace “Christians” with any other religious group, and tell me what you’d think of the comments or how you think the mods would respond.

Your lack of condemnation for her baiting is suspicious, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. So please answer this question, don’t ignore it; If I was “sharing my personal feelings on this plot point via my personal experiences”, what would you say or do in response?

Okay man, continue doing whatever you want.

Continue biting the hook.

Tried helping you but you’re clearly not having it.

Well, I wouldn’t start prying into your personal life and start trying to imply your personal experiences aren’t valid, for one.
And… comparing your trauma to the trauma of others? For no reason?

As I said, literally just tried responding to show you how you have 0 self control when it comes to topics like this.

If you want to continue taking bait, keep doing it.

Why did you ignore large swathes of my previous comment? Still, good point about not taking the bait, though why don’t you condemn then for baiting (because that baiting is textbook trolling)? Condemning someone for taking bait, but not the people who do the baiting.

Because me telling someone not to bait isn’t going to stop them?
Telling you that you clearly can’t handle these kinds of topics without immediately launching into a defensive emotional argument might stop you from doing that.

Bruh, enough of this elementary school ‘You yelled at me now yell at them’ argument.

Because I don’t care about your ‘he said, she said’ nonsense.
I literally don’t care.

3 Likes

Perhaps I have misunderstood you. You have good advice on not taking the bait (funny that those trying to bait me have gone silent during our exchange), though Drah was lying about me. I do have two question - if you believe that reputation about me and emotional religious arguments, why try to reason with me? Why not brand me as unreasonable as those who are baiting, which is why you said nothing to them?

To clarify, it’s not ‘he said, she said’, you can literally see the evidence in this thread. My arguments aren’t any more emotional than those on the opposite side here.

Plus, it was Lateef, not I, who brought real-life religion into this thread (want proof? go back through the thread). It’s not the symbolic thing for me, despite what that accusation claimed.

… is that a bad thing…

Unfortunately, I could only see Illidan as a clear example of hypocrisy.

Illidan’s last words to Xe’ra were exactly the screams of many of his victims, as he killed, enslaved, and used the lives of those around him, showing no remorse.

1 Like

I am sort of sad I am not even surprised by that response. You kinda seem like you somehow are offended, which is weird to me as it has nothing to do with you… but I mean, you do you.

And please do not pray for me. I will catch on fire again.

6 Likes

Here FIFY. He’s new. He’ll learn.

1 Like

Dude, when you fully crossed the line and didn’t even see it, even denied it, they didn’t need to respond.

You gave them everything they wanted and more.

You gave them victory over you by making yourself look worse than anyone could have hoped. And the sad part is, I don’t even think you meant it.

I do not think you have issues with LGBTQ+ people. But you certainly made yourself look like you do, and you cannot even seem to see it. Because you were so busy deflecting with your “what about them tho” argument, you couldn’t realize what you tricked yourself into saying.

I dunno. You’ll probably turn this into something other than what I said, and my words are probably wasted because you’ve never been one for real self-reflection. You’ll probably call me a hypocrit, because you just assume everyone is.

It’s just a very bad look that I don’t even think reflects your actual beliefs, but you’re too stubborn to see it.

7 Likes

Because it’s a simple habit to stop.

I mean, this little back and forth between us began with me telling you to ‘just act normal.’

Also, as others have said, you were giving off a very bad look by going after someone sharing their personal story.

I don’t think the people who are baiting are ‘unreasonable,’ I just think they find you funny to argue with. Tbh, I don’t even think everyone you think is baiting you actually is.

I’m just tired of seeing you get continuously clowned on for frankly pathetic reasons which you yourself created. That and seeing this thread’s discussion along with several others get derailed for no reason.

Like I said at the start, I’m honestly unsure if you’re baiting along with them. Baiting for someone to mention something slightly critical about religion so you can go off about it.

Telling you that it’s in your best interest to stop was also a means of proving whether or not you’re intentionally doing this or not. Some people say that you are, I wanted to see for myself.

3 Likes

“You are at least as bad for not saying every single person is bad every time they were bad!”

Seems like Thad sprinkles in : “you are at least as bad as me” with “why don’t you point out other people”

3 Likes

One thing we can all agree on is Illidan ruins everything he touches and was only brought back because of his amazing voice actor and the memes

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your story. I think this is a good reminder that stories and our interpretation of such has a personal element to it and people (not addressing this to you Syiax) should learn to be mindful of that when getting so heated in the SF.

5 Likes