Was Xe'ra good or evil?

See, I bet you this was how Ner’zhul swayed Arthas into joining ‘em.

Offered him a good 4-cheese.

Man, only if the Cult of the Damned made that their main advertisement… Probably would’ve been way more successful.

Name change would be good though, Cult of the ‘Za? Maybe? Sure they would’ve figured it out.

2 Likes

Didn’t he eat himself to death in his limo?

But do not despair, for it is the MYSTERY OF THE CHEESE that though he devours himself, he reappears each Friday evening when you are tired and do not know what to make.

2 Likes

That shall be the name of my cult. And I shall lead my cult as the Dark One, the Bacon Baroness, the Sausage Seductress, the Meatball Monarch… Princess Pizza!!!

3 Likes

That could be said to justify her actions somewhat.

Yes, the general issue with cosmic beings is they are sort of… fixed, in how they think. Even if they somehow change alignments, they just switch to a new form of fixed thinking. Beings of the Light are very single mindedly fixated on fulfilling what they have concluded is the path of the light without having a full grasp of what the path actually is. It is sort of like having one page of the future out of every six, and trying to reconstruct from that how things will play out.

Mortals are unique in Warcraft for being children of the Great Dark, and thus able to change and grow.

1 Like

By all that’s holy… just don’t eat it with a fork.

2 Likes

There’s an attempt to justify X’era’s actions by noting the Army of the Light.

They forget 2 things.

1. Illidan and his Demon Hunters were already taking it to the Legion… one demon world at a time.

2. And that Army of Light… they were losing. She needed Illidan more than he needed her… which wa not at all.

2 Likes

Mortal origins are all over the place. For example, trolls existed on Azeroth, and were altered by Elune and arcane magic into elves. Humans, Dwarfs and Gnomes are Titan robots hit by the Curse of Flesh. Orcs are Titan constructs increasingly infected by Life spores.

I wouldn’t say they’re children of the Great Dark mostly.

At least Xe’ra and co never bent the knee to the Legion, unlike Illidan.

You forget 4 things

1. The Army of the Light was fighting the Legion… one demon world at a time, while Illidan spent 10,000 years in a small jail cell.
  2. They started fighting the Legion over 10,000 years before Illidan was born. He’s… a little bit late to the party.
  3. We still needed the Army of the Light’s help on Argus.
  4. Illidan was losing more than anyone else. At least Xe’ra had a plan unlike Illidan’s “wing it and hope for the best”.

And yet by Legion, they were still on their backfoot.

The fact the Demon Hunters could, in such a short time, rally together and start winning victories at a time the AotL was losing is a testament to their efficiency.

Yes, and they also needed us. Without us, they were on the verge of being wiped out. And yes, we needed them to support our own efforts on Argus.

Actually, Illidan’s plan worked pretty well. It ended up with major leaders among the Legion dead or quasi-dead-gonna-reform, opened the way to Argus and ultimately led to the Legion’s defeat.

Under Xe’ra, the Army of the Light was literally on the verge of final defeat. She banked everything on Lightforging Illidan and stated it was literally necessary for victory to be achieved.

She was wrong. We were victorious regardless of a Lightforged Illidan. We did perfectly fine with a fel’d up Illidan.

2 Likes

Any Pizza with Pineapple must be kept in the fridge first then kept in a Pizza Display Warmer for a while until the Pizza is hot and oily while the Pineapple is partially dried up.

I dare you to watch the last episode of the Torchwood series “Children of Earth”.

1 Like
  1. The Army was instantly decimated on it’s arrival at Argus.
  2. They lost. remember that desperation message Turalyon encoded in X’era’s core crystal
  3. They needed us far more than we needed them.
  4. Plans are useless without the flexibility to adapt to the Chaos that the Legion embodies. X’era was as rigid as the crystal she was constructed from and if she had her way, Illidan would have been made just as rigid… and as useless as she had made her Army.
1 Like

I am an adult woman, and I only take dares that involve food, blankets and/or cute kitties/puppers.

Your dare offers neither.

Your dare is unworthy.

Illidan killing Xe’ra was overkill.

1 Like

She did’n’t exactly leave him any other option.

And as he stated. “I traded my freedom for power once.” Never again.

1 Like

Xe’ra situation remembers alot of a real life situation I have suffered…
You see I’m a 30 years old gay guy with a christian family( you can see where this is heading), when I revelead myself with 14 years, my mom called the local priest so he could remove the demon from me, she was set on her course to save my soul, cuz being gay is not the jesus way.
So an exorcism was planned and executed by my family(mom, dad, grandmother and aunts) and the local priest to “help me " become better.
For me it was a traumatic experience and i’ll never forgive that heinous act. Those who I loved trying to “clean” me from my " taint” cuz that was the only way, the way of the “light”.
I did not acted on force like Illidan did with Xe’ra but I wish I had, not to kill or anything but to defend myself and not let a 14 year child be mentally and physically traumatized.

Still I did shatter my mom like illi did with Xe’ra hahaha.
After the exorcism she came to me and asked " are you feeling better? Did those things left your mind?"
I just replied " mom I’m still gay ok?"
And she cried for 3 months straight.

So… I do sympathize with illidan and that no one should be forced to be anything other than yourself. And mommy crystal was clearly out of her mind. Good it was the last we saw of her.

5 Likes

We’ve done much worse things to other villains. Illidan himself was killed by us.

If you really sympathize with Illidan, it means that you are precisely in favor of slavery and servitude, since when he could, it was something he practiced constantly.

In fact, if Illidan had been forged against his will, it would even be a generic ending that we see a lot in anime. The villain performs terrible acts and in the end ends up falling and going through exactly what he made many people go through.

1 Like

So Xe’ra got off light is what you’re saying, because we could have done much worse?

1 Like