Was Xe'ra good or evil?

Since you’re so fond of referring me, Do you want to remind the audience the reason WHY? I’ve stated it enough times that it should not have escaped your memory or your ability to back scroll.

And besides, i’m going go play some Wow.

That’s just an excuse you use for your prejudice, like a Klansman twisting US crime statistics against black people.

Sorry about that, I’ll try to keep on topic more in-future and also not let certain people’s rhetoric derail a thread. Do you have anything else to add about Xe’ra?

I think Xe’ra is a good character with wasted potential, just to serve as a stage for the rise of Illidan, whose actions could very well have come from the player character himself.

Unfortunately, Xe’ra cannot be analyzed separately from Illidan, as the character was created and developed only to serve as a basis for his return.

And we saw this happen again in Legion, Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands, with several characters being used just to serve as a basis for Sylvanas’ development.

Uther, for example, had a whole development after his death, simply to justify the division of the soul that would be heavily used in the future in favor of Sylvanas.

It is pointless to discuss these characters in isolation because they were not created or developed to stand on their own. They exist only to justify the existence or development of another character, who is the main character in that story being told.

1 Like

At the beginning of the thread, I don’t know why people were saying “She’s a cosmic being. She has no choice.” We all know A’dal had a different personality than Xe’ra, not that Blizzard is ever consistent.

1 Like

Yes. I like this.

All you have is dogwhistles and right wing jagon. That’s all your arguments are.

1 Like

Good point about several characters not existing in isolation. I don’t mind supporting characters, but it drags the story down when one character is sacrificed to prop up another. How would you discuss a character who’s been reduced to propping up another? This reminds me of Cataclysm and MoP where Tyrande was really thrown under the bus to prop up Furion and Varian respectively.

For me, the problem is they gave Xe’ra too big a role in the lore if she’s just there to prop up Illidan and wasted all those lore elements in a stunning display of bad writing that led to simplistic assessments of her. That was my point for this thread, despite what certain others said (or may say). They should’ve done better than making her Illidan’s jobber when they gave her such big parts in the lore (Prime Naaru, leading a Light army against the Burning Legion, discovering Argus’ world soul…). It doesn’t make Illidan look cool to kill her easily then, it’s just pretentious writing (that was well received mostly due to fans love of Illidan and/or dislike of Xe’ra) wasting plot elements that could’ve made a richer story for fans of all stripes.

To paraphrase Doness above, lack of consistency is another major problem in Blizzard’s writing. Regarding Xe’ra, parts of the story wanted to push her as a fanatic… but then she repeatedly makes compromises on matters related to her cause; compromise is the number one thing fanatics don’t do. She compromises about Alleria, she works with PCs who use Fel, Life or even Void without complaint to rescue Illidan, meaning the idea that she’s fanatical is undermined if not contradicted and refuted.

1 Like

Are you saving constructive, relevant posts for one thread and off-topic personal attacks and rants for here?

We can discuss the original topic properly despite what you said (otherwise you’re being at least as bad as you say I am).

Why discuss it when you don’t want to? Alot of ppl here already tried that, already gave you not one or two but months worth of chances so you can explore more your way of thinking but you do got zealotry, you do got repetitive, you know that 9/10 threads you create are about the light, xe’ra or illidan. You have a personal vendetta against illidan for no other reason than you don’t like him or his image.
So why engage in good faith when you do not?
Not that it matters but you have lost any credibility to have a serious discussion when it come to these topics cuz you can’t get over your own self ideals. You can’t see past what you already set in stone as true.

I LOVE lady saylvanas windrunner, she my fave character together with illidan and you don’t see me creating threads after threads to say that she was done dirty and that we need to change that immediately cuz she is the main character of this whole franchise for about 7 years.
Cuz I know her time has passed, I know the reasons both ingame and real world, that led her to the end she got and I accepted that.

So why can’t you accept that the light in Warcraft can be good, can be bad, can have actors with their own agenda that really don’t care for mortals? Its is simple, nothing complicated.

3 Likes

This is a Xe’ra thread, not a Light thread. Honestly check my other threads. And your accusations are full of projection. :rofl:

Come on now, we all know you have an obession with Xe’ra/Illidan. It’s the most common topic you bring up, regardless of what’s being talked about :stuck_out_tongue:

He accused this of being a Light thread, I explained how it’s not one. Sloppy attempt to dogpile from you, Micah.

You having an obession with Xe’ra isn’t a dogpile, it’s a fact.

Get over yourself and drop the damn victim complex

Not what I was talking about. And it seems you have no more relevant arguments, just petty personal attacks. I pity you.

Every Thadeus thread is a Light thread.

2 Likes

Nobody can have a discussion with you, because than you become a child and start insulting people who disagree.

I pity you if anything.

As I said to your idol Mithonic/Renautus, you might want to look in a mirror when you say that.

“Thou shalt have no other gods before Me”

1 Like

Listen bud. I know your obessed with her and it is a rather unhealthy obession of yours, but just because I get along with everyone but you, doesn’t you should put any idols before your own god :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is Xe’ra good or evil? Personally, even if qe accept the fact that she was good overall, that doesn’t mean Illidan was wrong to kill her.

If a burglar breaks into your house to rob it to feed their children, and you shoot them, are you at fault?