Was Wow your first game?

Had an atari as a kid so anyone of those games, even tried the fabled/notorious E.T. As far as MMO , WoW was the one and only, funny looking back I was pissed when I heard after Warcraft 3 they were moving to an online sub based game. Back then the idea of continually paying to play a game you bought was an anathema to me. Then seen a buddy playing the vanilla beta and was instantly on board. Been playing ever since.

2 Likes

I have a lot of good memories of Sims 1 and all it’s DLCs.

…I…may have also intentionally started fires and trapped people inside.

Listen. It seemed fun when I was younger.

3 Likes

Ocarina of Time was my first game.

WoW was my first MMO though.

1 Like

are u asking me or telling me? your title is confusing.

absolutely couldn’t agree more. By far one of the best snes games ever made.

1 Like

At home? I started out on an Atari, with some of the very old games. Kept it around a good, long while too. Frogger legit helped me in Naxx lol. I don’t think I was in kindergarten yet, when I first started playing.

At school? It was some weird program called Rhubarb. I can’t even remember what it was about. I must have been 7 or 8 or something. This was in some fancy private school that had gotten in a bunch of computers, which was unheard of at the time for most schools.

2 Likes

My first ever game was probably Super Mario on NES, along with Battle City and Galaxian. They weren’t new back then, but it’s only what I got.

WoW was my first MMO though. I came to it through Diablo II & Warcraft II&III, because I loved the world and the idea of character leveling and gearing.

Diablo II was probably the first game which I felt I was actually actively focused on for a long time.

EverQuest about 8 months before WoW came out.

Lol yeah i remember some old tank/plane Atari shooter that use 7-8 big square pixels for your vehicles. and you shot a pixel square at your opponent

1 Like

Pitfall maybe? God it’s been so long. First online game, that I can remember, may have been Graal when it was still browser based. Well, I guess that depends on if you include IRC RPGs and/or MUDs.

Pong.

1 Like

Adventure on the Atari 2600 was my first game. I was 24 when WoW came out so it was far from the first.

2 Likes

My first game

:dragon: :european_castle: :bow_and_arrow: :dragon: :european_castle: :bow_and_arrow:

3 Likes

I was always fascinated with Mario 64 and Rush 2 when I was younger but WoW probably was my first game I was fully invested in. I remember I made an orc hunter named “Pighunter” and just grinded the same spot in the Barrens for days and thought I was a pro. How naive I was then.

No. For me it was probably the old gold box D&D games. Then came the original Baldur’s Gate series. For online stuff, the first was Neverwinter Nights 1, specifically playing and eventually running a persistent world (sort of a mini mmo). After that came City of Heroes and WoW, then FFXIV. The Dragon Age games are mixed in there somewhere too.

3 Likes

My first game was Pokemon Silver version on the Gameboy Color.

Contra

1 Like

No, like most kids that grew up in the 80’s and 90s my first game was Oregon Trail.

3 Likes

You can get these on Steam now! I have them all :smiley:

2 Likes

Duckhunt/mario cartridge

3 Likes