Was WOW token good for the player base overall

point me where i can buy full raid/mythic gear with real money

prove it.

point me to where i may buy full raid/mythic gear where i am not subject to wow’s RNG

Easy.

Step 1: Buy WoW token.
Step 2: Sell WoW token for gold.
Step 3: Take gold and purchase mythic raid carry.
Step 4: Get mythic raid gear.

See? P2W.

4 Likes

^^^ youve been proven

3 Likes

So paying a carry means i now have unrestricted non RNG access to mythic gear?

2 Likes

I can do steps 3 and 4 without the token, is that still pay to win?

constantly shifting the goalposts

wow is pay 2 win

get over it

cope harder

2 Likes

The WoW token was good for profits. It came to be for that reason.

Not at all.

please point me to were i may buy FULL MYTHIC/RAID GEAR THAT IS NOT SUBJECT TO RNG

typed that in caps so yall dont forget that part

I think as far as for subs it has been great. I personally would have bailed ages ago if not for that.

I do think it was a mistake to let it count as currency for anything on B.Net. Especially after they introduced effectively loot boxes in the form of Hearthstone packs.

buy wow token
buy carry
get a piece of gear

buy wow token
buy another carry
get another piece of gear

etc etc

2 Likes

Diablo Immortal still has RNG no matter how much money you put into it. You’re not guaranteed the legendary gem you need not matter how much money you pump into it.

By your logic, Diablo Immortal isn’t P2W either?

1 Like

Funny.

iv gone through mythics sense i could do 0’s and have gone through dungeons and gotten a fat 0 loot.

huh its like even if i pay someone in gold i MUST still be subjected to wow’s RNG drops.

buying a carry does not change that

Diablo immortals design is around the pay shop wow is not.

totally different

1 Like

I don’t care I think it’s fine, it lets the real players get free game time.

oh puuuuhhhhhhleeeeeaaaaasssseeeeee

ur sayin if a game lets u spin a wheel for $20 for a chance at the most powerful gear at the game, its not pay2win because its not 100% chance?

MASSIVE eyeroll

1 Like

I buy tokens all the time when I need gold. I love them.

I dont think you understand how wow works.

along with the rest of you who think paying for a carry guarantees you complete non RNG access to loot somehow

The monthly sub for this game has stayed the same for 18 years. The price of everything else in the world has skyrocketed, it’s called INFLATION and it’s been a thing since forever and will never go away.

Anything that subsidizes my monthly sub never rising is not a good thing, but a great thing.

If someone wants to buy some BOE’s with gold from Tokens doesn’t bother me at all. There is nothing in this game I can’t get eventually. At the end of the day they are buying the TIME they would have had to spend to get it anyway.

The whole P2W argument is a fallacious argument. You can have the best gear in the game but if you can’t play your class I doubt you would survive any top content in this game anyway. Learning mechanics and teamwork can’t be bought at any price.

because it does
99% of the time clearing a raid is gonna get u at least 1 piece of loot

cope harder
keep shifting teh goalposts
cope harder

2 Likes