Was WOW token good for the player base overall

To be fair with your comment about inflation etc at the same time wow is making billion dollar profits so i dont know if wow token is needed it feels more like a cash grab by adding in p2w into a sub game

1 Like

Um fairly certainly all do that at the beginningā€¦ Theyā€™ve always been high due to supply and demand.

Before we had the ability to skip old expansion professions regular old purples were in the 100,000s.

auction house barons, Good old fashioned no lifers, And those who refuse to buy from the auction house have a lot of gold that never came from tokens.

Iā€™ve hit gold cap and beyond and I have never purchased a token with money

It has devalued the rpg aspect so much.

Now raiding compete with logs, instead of the cool items they have. So people who have amazing mounts or look amazing from raiding gear. I question just how much gold they paid for it, instead of thinking people earned it.

Sad really.

3 Likes

ah the joys of old WoW.

I remember early Vanilla where almost nobody even had an epic mount, because it took months to gather the 900g purchase price.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not pay to win

Of course or no one would use them. Itā€™s a player run economy that yes does benefit Blizzard as well. I was able to buy DF and game time with in game gold, and who ever got that gold got to buy what they wanted. Itā€™s a win win win.

Thatā€™s not how much I make, I was using that number as an example of time/cost analysis. Basically spending $60 to save 24 hours of grinding is worth it and puts me in the green time wise.

For others, it puts them in the negative time wise because an hour of their time is worth a lot less.

The prices at the beginning of every expansion is not the most people.

Itā€™s for the people with disposable gold. And why not you want to get as much out of it as you can before prices tank

If people who use wow tokens have millions of gold I applaud them on their ability to purchase things but ridicule them on their life choices.

And unless you had a million gold and now itā€™s suddenly 2 million you are never going to buy them anyway at the beginning

you cant buy raid/mythic gear with gold

I love the token. The monthly sub for this game has not gone up ever and Blizzard is just like any other company that has to cover the rising cost of everything. This is a brilliant way to increase revenue while kicking illegal gold sellers in the nuts.

2 Likes

I can assure you that a majority of the money from the WoW shop is not being shifted to development budgets. There is one reason and one reason alone for any cash shop in any game that isnā€™t F2P:

Profit margins.

3 Likes

Which is a good thing.

Itā€™s the only thing that saves WoW from becoming truly P2W like Diablo Immortal.

unless wow becomes a mobile game it wont happen

Yes, you can. If I shell out enough money I can most certainly get carried and receive mythic raid gear.

Just because you canā€™t purchase it directly from the cash shop doesnā€™t mean the option doesnā€™t exist.

4 Likes

it made the game pay 2 win
literally
WOW IS NOW LITERALLY PAY 2 WIN BECAUSE OF THE WOW TOKEN

in what weird world is that good for the game? the game is LITERALLY pay to win because of the wow token

simple as that

no, there is nothing good about the wow token

5 Likes

Yes, without a doubt.

Illegal gold sellers, who get their gold via hacked accounts/botting, lost business as a result of the WoW token being implemented. The only place you really find gold sellers now is in WoW Classic, where there is no WoW token.

1 Like

getting carried and buying raid/mythic gear are totally differnet thigns

you can NOT buy raid/mythic gear.

I donā€™t know, Iā€™m glad that gold seller spam is no longer a thing on retail realms

The WoW token got rid of them in retail. The only place you find them really pedding their wares now is in WoW classic where the token doesnā€™t exist.

If buying gold makes the game pay to win, then WoW has always been pay to win as being able to buy gold has always been a thing. The difference is that before you got it from shady dealers who often hacked accounts or botted to get that gold, where as now you can get it legitimately.

wow is not pay 2 win

Yeah sure dude. Whatever you have to say to justify it lmao

Itā€™s P2W with extra steps.

1 Like

youre wrong

cope
cope
cope

wow is pay2win

4 Likes