Was this truly the best solution?

I’ve seen both of these behaviors since the game launched. Players avoiding fights didn’t start because you noticed it for the first time today, and players helping others hasn’t stopped because you haven’t seen it lately. I’ve experienced both scenarios this expansion, but typically I get people jumping in more often than running away. Can’t really take my anecdote as evidence of any actual trend though.

I guess you’re right too. Maybe thats a trend we have going forward with smaller maps too. It becomes alot more obvious. I kinda just came back to wow end of legion so yeah im not used to the super small map sizes. But back in the day, it was rare to see much of the opposing faction players while questing and all, if there was a fight people generally jumped in. Maybe i gotta chsnge me mindset i guess

Wpvp in Kul Tiras and Zandalar not very fun for people who don’t like to join raid groups due to this quest only alliance gets. Also they use the Hive mind mount a lot too, so with multiple mounts most of their raid can roll up on you and you cant even tell its a raid until too late.

Im going to wpvp more outside of BFA zones instead.

I think more horde should wpvp elsewhere until they give us this quest also. Hit stormwind, ironforge, and the surrounding areas, including the lowbies, flightmasters, and auctioneers to protest how unfair this is.

Maybe not available on both sides, but the side that can do the quest should most definitely not be able to do it in a raid group. I have no idea what Blizz was thinking with that.

Alliance make the quest raids to farm incursions becasue they can get the 25 kill credit while in a raid. Horde can’t fight back as effectively because, if they make a raid, then they can’t do the incursions that they came to do (which are time-limited).

You can’t to the CTA weekly while in a raid group, and there’s almost zero daily/weekly quest that can be done while in a raid group anymore. This quest should also not be possible to finish while in a raid group.

1 Like

The warmode bonus was NEVER intended as a reward it was meant as compensation for the increased time questing took due to WPVP and considering some days you could literally do all your world quests without SEEING Alliance 10% was too high of anything. Your reward is honor, supply drops, and achievements

1 Like

I’ve seen both, too, both on my side and the opposition side, but I have to say I haven’t seen any Alliance refusing to join a fight where they could make the difference between losing and winning since early in the expansion. I still see Horde avoiding fights quite often.

My theory is that people who have war mode on because they like the PVP/RPPVP experience are more likely to jump in, and people who are there just for the bonus are less likely to jump in. For the last few months, the latter category doesn’t include any Alliance. The increased bonus may draw some of the c-, uh, less brave folks back in Alliance side, though I haven’t seen it yet.

Buddy, the “war” ended at the end of MoP. Then Blizzard made some really asinine decisions with the story to try and keep things going. I’m pretty sure a lot of the Horde players are still wondering why Sylvanas decided to randomly burn Teldrassil. Sure the mini-novel Blizzard put out said Sylvanas wanted to put out the hope of the Night Elves and Saurfang didn’t kill Malfurion, but she did want to keep Teldrassil as a bargaining chip.

I myself am displeased with the outcome of the Battle for Lordaeron because were it not for plot armor a lot of the Alliance leadership would have been gassed.

1 Like

Plot armor of the Alliance leadership? lol Saurfang survived an encounter with Malfurion in Ashenvale because of “perfect timing” and because Malfurion, in typical plot protection style, spent too much talking and not enough time bringing a building down on Saurfang’s head. Plus the fact that Sylvanas was even holding her own against a literal demi-god tier character, and Saurfang getting spared randomly by Tyrande.

There’s plenty of plot armor to go around right now buddy.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that the Horde doesn’t have plot armor, but it genuinely seems that Alliance plot armor is more often used/overlooked to keep the faction war going.

Looking back at the Broken Shore where Jaina was present and somehow forgot to teleport everyone to safety even though she was capable of that in wrath and she’s only been roided out even more since then. Then she remembers to teleport everyone out during Battle for Lordaeron, which Sylvanas the master planner with new allies who happen to dabble in teleportation magic didn’t account for. I mean can you imagine how different Horde-Alliance relations would be if Varian didn’t die? Sylvanas probably wouldn’t have burned Teldrassil.

I mean Tyrande basically spared Saurfang because he spared Malfurion. There was also mention of something about making the Horde occupation more tolerable.

TBH, this part is actually interesting. We don’t actually know how strong Sylvanas is atm because she’s been doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes. I mean in Legion we saw her bargaining with Helya, and Sylvanas has been plotting something on her own for a while considering we’re gonna see her with Knaifu (Xal’atath) in hand soon. Though, I don’t think it has the actual entity of Xal’atath in it anymore. At the Battle for Lordaeron we actually see her personally raise dead to fight, which is something we’ve never seen from her before unless you count the End Time dungeon from Cata.

To be fair, Malfurion has a history of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. That said, the Darkshore scenario requires Tyrande to choke too, which is going a little far.

1 Like

I’ve no idea how Nathanos and Horde company escaped Tyrande.

1 Like

well its a lot worse now they get a 400+ piece and they can do the quest every week.

We didn’t care when it was a piece of 370, because that was en par with what we were earning through incursions.

Now that AOO has been upgraded to 400, which is the equivilent of Heroic Raid loot, it’s game breaking that they’ll be receiving this weekly.

Furthermore, there’s a large raid that’s been camping the port of zandalar for the past 6 hours or so to complete the quest expediently. It’s annoying and degrading.

Is this an April fool’s joke? Because News Flash: it’s January. :imp:

This post isnt about how frustrating playing as horde is in warmode, really. PvP on a pvp server etc. even though it really is degrading to get camped like we currently are.

This post is about how incredibly ham-handed and short-sighted this “solution” was, how easily foreseen the problems were, and how insulting it is that you’d push this through.

Is this really the best you could do?

Shame on you.

im so happy alliance gets that 15-20% war mode increase while horde is stuck at 10% i love being horde and try to do world quests and 10-15 alliance camping the quests so much fun getting killed over and over being out numbered by alliance

I don’t mind it, because when it is 1v1 I usually come out on top.

I don’t expect to win every fight, and most importantly, never should a fair fight be expected.

2 Likes

This happened to my human mage alt yesterday. It’s almost like it’s happening to both Horde and Alliance.

1 Like

The sharding system should pair up people based on group size. Let’s say one faction cannot muster a 40 man raid. So give the side that does have it some incentive to raid a city…pillage and plunder. It would be cool if you could level a city or village. To change its appearance, walls demolished, stuff on fire…lol sounds like ogrimmar.

1 Like