Was scammed 650k gold from a fake boost community

Enough players that it’s now blizzard’s top profit center. Keep pretending it’s not happening if it makes you feel better.

8 Likes

u do a report on then , the pepole say on u blizz dont care so u dont say , but they care . u probly not gonna get the gold .

9 Likes

It dont be like it do, but it is

6 Likes

is a good idea say on then is a scam , u probly dont get u gold , but u can do a help on pepole that gonna get scam

8 Likes

You were willing to pay to get carried, just pretend it was a successful carry and that now you are awesome.

16 Likes

Report them and blizzard will punish the person.

You’re now less inclined to purchase more WoW tokens. Which blizzard doesn’t like.

11 Likes

Never EVER pay boosting communities anything, EVER. They are scams.

13 Likes

I cannot tell if your reply was more orc or more troll, either way I couldn’t understand a GD word. Not in the order that you put them in anyhow.

4 Likes

The only safe trading in this game is via the auction house.

8 Likes

It’s probably the only way you’re going to get your gold back, to be honest.

The number you could call back in the day was for billing issues and that sort of thing, not for in-game issues. It’s why they got rid of it.

They still do have a Live Chat that you can go to but it’s only up at certain times.

On topic: You took the risk of paying for a carry and got scammed. Nothing you can do to get the gold back, it’s done.

Sorry it happened to you though.

3 Likes

Next time make your agreements using in game text chat and keep a record of the times it happened. blizzard will give your gold back if you make an agreement in game chat that they can go back and confirm.

other then this your out of luck blizzard not going to interfere because they can’t confirm any agreements made out of game or over voice chat.

ps. I don’t support buying carry runs, just explaining a general point about how blizzard support works with things like this.

12 Likes

Not true at all

3 Likes

I never pretended it didn’t I just found people that actually buy carries to be unbelievably pathetic. Paying others to play a video for you that yourself alrdy spend money on to even play is the most smooth brained thing ever.

17 Likes

Dont boost next time.

Blizzard doesn’t even moderate the lfg tool properly, you think they are going to care about a scam that involves boosting which is a grey area in the game?

9 Likes

That would require a cleverness I cannot say for certain our hero possesses.

1 Like

“That’s what ya get.”
-Engineer Team Fortress 2 from hit game Team Fortress 2.

2 Likes

That would be considered a “petty”, good luck getting anyone to actually invest the time into finding out who the RL person was that scammed you and then charging them. If you go to Blizzard, they might remove the gold for the scammer (provided they can find actually logs of them discussing it with you) but nothing else.

They have said for the longest time that these kind of services are “use at your own risk” and they will not really help if you get scammed.

8 Likes

You’re buying carries. It’s not like you’re a innocent victim. It’s like a dude that goes up to the police to complain about a drug dealer ripping them off and giving them stems.

27 Likes

I was scammed years ago and found a way to get my gold back but its not possible today.