Was scammed 650k gold from a fake boost community

Paid 650k gold for a carry, which was close to 100$ in wow tokens, had the person make a fake community discord send me to that link have another person verify him and then had the community deleted from discord after i paid him.Then had the person do it again under another name is chat, i knew it was him from the link he gave, he bragged to me when i asked for the gold back and said i have been doing this for half a year Blizzard does not care.My question is wow tokens are are paid with by real money is this considered internet fraud?because i am really close to calling the authorities on this person as he is a serial offender., and basically stole 100$ from me.

36 Likes

Blizzard can take away their gold, but you won’t get it back. Blizzard doesn’t have the man power to handle scams all day long. People on these forums loathe boosting. You will receive no sympathy here.

194 Likes

youre not the first and wont be the last… but you know how to prevent these things 100%?

play the game yourself and climb at your own pace - instead of getting carried :smiley:

218 Likes

You’ll get 0 sympathy getting scammed for buying boosts on the forums, heads up

124 Likes

this is why you dont do carries. if you really need to then get a middleman, pay half or pay after the completed run (if they are willing)

10 Likes

I must say to blame the people who were stolen from and say do not get carries is the dumbest thing i ever heard of.

13 Likes

No, you should should just not boost.

38 Likes

Not the most Mon’ mon druid to ever exit the hut were you?

8 Likes

LMAO this is hilarious

70 Likes

Ok i see there are people here who are on cloud 9 and lost all common sense and dignity.

Meh sorry friend but that’s a risk you were willing to take. Whining here will do you no good.

17 Likes

If the boost costs a load of gold, it might be a scam.

9 Likes

To answer your question OP, you have no recourse. You got scammed and it sucks, best to just move on recuperating your losses.

11 Likes

Common sense was lost well before this thread was ever created, dignity followed soon after.

43 Likes

Lmao who buys a game the pays monthly to have access to it and then of top of it spends $100 to have someone else play it for them. Hahahahaha

104 Likes

There was a time when you could call in for assistance or contact a GM via chat in real time. Now it’s normal for tickets to take upwards of several days before getting a reply.

Don’t waste their time…

7 Likes

Ah, so hypocrisy is the hill you die on. You should do more research into the boosters or find a reputable guild to purchase from. Y’know… common sense stuff.

12 Likes

I do. But the game is now designed to encourage those people to sell carries and you to buy them. Nobody cares that you got scammed because they are blaming you for buying the carries that they and their ilk are getting rich off.

If you aren’t capable or in a position to do the content yourself, there’s no place for you in the game. The main goal of the game is token sales now. The focus of the “community” is finding reasons to hate people for being inferior players and trashing them if they won’t pay you millions for carries.

18 Likes

If it helps OP, gold isn’t real and it sounds like that’s all you were swindled out of.

5 Likes

I think there are dumber things, like paying for a carry.

32 Likes