Was Alliance Losing the War?

Much of the Horde followed Garrosh for the entirety of the war.
It was only after he tried to assassinate the Horde leaders and was pushed into grabbing the Sha’s power that the Horde FINALLY moved against him.

Same issue with Sylvanas where the Horde leaders after Teldrassil followed her and fought the Alliance instead of turning her over.
Even then only a FEW of the Horde actually joined the rebels which only happened when she decided to kill Baine and Thrall.

So what you say here is wrong as per the established facts above.
The Horde, the majority anyway, have ZERO moral conscious unless it concerns themselves in someway and are completely complicit in their Warchief’s actions where it concerns the Alliance.

They were given the opportunity to be arrested and investigated until they decided to fight to the death.
They deserved whatever happened to them. They betrayed the trust afforded to them and got its consequence.

There is a running theme with the Horde doing whatever they want and expect there to be no repercussion and honestly how the story is developing I can’t say I blame them.

3 Likes

Yeah, as far as we know, only one Sunreaver was actually involved with the Divine Bell theft. And that Aethas was blackmailed after the fact (though the exact canon of that scene is weird).

2 Likes

They didn’t rebel over what the warchiefs did to the Alliance, but what they’ve done to the Horde.

2 Likes

Right. That makes them complicit in most of the war. But not in the leader assassination and the Sha powerup.

Likewise, anyone who didn’t leave/rebel against Sylvanas after she burned Teldrassil is complicit in the burning of Teldrassil. Saurfang for example, is complicit in the War of Thorns, because he approved of it, but isn’t complicit in Teldrassil because he didn’t support it, and basically checked out of the Horde right afterwards. He’s also not complicit in anything the Horde did in BFA after he rebelled.

Anything you’re still on board for before that leader finally makes you throw your hands up and quit, you’re complicit in.

2 Likes

He is complicit otherwise he would not have defended Sylvanas at Undercity.

Siege of Lordaeron basically confirmed the entire Horde is devoid of a moral conscious when it doesn’t involve themselves or their own interests.

Yeah, him originally planning to suicide by Alliance, then just letting himself get captured while moping was definitely him giving it his all…

I mean, it’s hard to argue that. The entire point of the Horde is that the Horde looks out for the Horde, because no one else will.

1 Like

He only did that when he saw Sylvanas turn his soldiers into undead minions and planned to blow up the city later.

He got captured alright but only because Andiun spared his life and even then he never warned the Alliance about the trap.

He was entirely complicit in Sylvanas’s plans along with every other Horde character. The only one that has his hands clean all this is Thrall but he is a problem unto himself with his cowardice and inaction.

Andiun/Jaina: Am I a joke to you?

That’s…not true. The scene where he was just planning to walk out to face the Alliance alone without his armor(presumably, to just be swiftly killed in battle) happens BEFORE the battle.

He’s already checked out of the Horde at that point, and only sticks around for the battle because Zekhan talks him into it. And then still gives up after the battle anyway, once there are no more impressionable Horde youths around.

Frequently.

3 Likes

Did he stand side by side with Sylvanas to defend Lordaeron?
Yes? Then he is complicit no matter how he felt.

Because of how sympathetic they are to the Horde compared to their own faction.

1 Like

Besides Anduin, but the point is why should the Alliance care about the Horde when repeatedly the opposite isn’t shown?

shrug

Beats me. I just assume they do it for the smug sense of moral superiority and self satisfaction.

3 Likes

The players or the characters?

Both, sir. Maximum both.

See, Phaedra and Jaina get to be condescending, and me and Gallywix…get to do whatever we want. It’s perfectly balanced.

2 Likes

i don’t know, bfa was incredibly badly written.
is hard to know if she was shoting herself in the foot or if she was that stupid.

so basically both sides lost and she won.

i am not going to change until the horde pays.
or if teldrassil is resolved somehow.
Or if the horde rots in hell. whatever happens first.

Maybe they shouln’t have made a playable faction do what they did. but here we are.

1 Like

Y’know… You really can’t blame people who main Alliance for thinking that way. While we’re forced into being genocidal maniacs, they’re forced into being our victims. Two expansions out of eight have started off with the Horde removing a major city. By contast, the only time they even participate in taking one of ours out, the thunder’s stolen from them in the last moment by the warchief blowing it up herself. And both times, after we’ve spent an expac being treated as “heroic war criminals”, only to be allowed to actually rebel in the finale, they don’t even get decisive victories; both times the warchief is overthrown, it’s with Horde help and one time, it was caused solely by a Horde hero.

It only makes sense they’d want to have something they could hold on to as a victory. Dazar’alor is the closest they got to a playable victory scenario, where they killed the king. A king, mind you, that the Horde player already knew would die after his deal with Bwonsamdi. And even then, almost immediately after decapitating the Zandalari leadership, it has a brand new leader in Talanji.

But they took out our fleet, I bet you’re thinking. Load of good that does when the very next patch takes out the Alliance fleet because a hole in the ocean swallows them up. So even the minor victory of taking out boats? Mitigated when they lose their own because Sylvanas allied with Azshara behind the scenes.

A few weeks back, I never got why some Alliance players were so… Antagonistic, fanatical, frustratingly single-minded about how the playable Horde should suffer for what the devs’ love for JofferySylvanas forced on all of us. But lately, thinking about things from their side, I get it.

I don’t agree with it. But I get it.

11 Likes

You dont fight genocide with genocide

Horde proved that fighting genocide with love and compassion is the wrong solution.

So you have to fight fire with fire.

No you dont its not black and white, nobody is saying you fight the horde with love and compassion. You really dont understand what genn means when you keep the peace by preparing for war dont you.

It is.
The Horde is a pest that must be obliterated.

For gameplay that will never happen but it would be nice if this view was held by all Alliance leaders.

Alliance didn’t even know this guy existed in their gameplay experience.
Why should I care if he lives or dies?

Oh, I get it, too and have often said so. However, my sympathy doesn’t go so far as to agree to statements like:

The ability, or at least willingness, to see things from the other’s side is a two-way street.

1 Like