Warthin is a terrible shortened name for the new expac

Not all of those are acronyms.

The only acronyms WoD and MoP.

Meanwhile, Wrath, Cata and Mists are abbreviations but WotLK and BfA are initialisms.

Thank you, point still stands.

No you don’t, if anything you either see tewuhwuh/tewahwah or tdubs. Absolute worst case scenario you might say teedubyadubya

By your logic everyone who sees WOTLK is saying “duhbelyou-oh-tee-el-kay” and literally no one is doing that

I will go against everyone’s abbreviations and just call it Bob.

2 Likes

Just. Use. WAR.
How is that hard?

1 Like

warthin welcomes Bob to the fold the same way we welcome warwit, win, warth and within.

1 Like

Well I’m from Utica and I’ve never heard anyone use the phrase ‘warthin’.

Nah, it’s faster for me to type “TWW” instead of “Wrathin”. Nice try, though.

Because wotlk is pronounced “wah’tlk”

Just 2 syllables and really rolls off the tongue. It didn’t make it into B tier because it’s not the most intuitive.

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

I just say War Within.

I haven’t seen or heard a single actual player refer to it as Warthin.

I genuinely thought the first thread I saw about it was a Wrathion and Anduin shipping thread.

1 Like

I prefer Uwuthin

Forever

Warwith Inn
War With Ion
War With In
Wore Wheat Thins

I’ll call it anything but Warthin

1 Like

Brann Bronzebeard and the Cavedwarf Conundrum!

2 Likes

Good for you I guess? congrats?

The only people who are too pent up about warthin are people who don’t use it.

That sounds like a ‘The Big Bang Theory’ episode title.

1 Like

Nah, I’m honestly just having fun.

Forward Slash Ten Characters!

I’m deaf (and so are my sister and her finance). We communicate using American Sign Language. My dad can hear, but he’s a fluent signer.

So we’ve always finger-spelled the abbreviations — WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, BFA, SL, and DF. We just finger-spell Legion. Most likely we’ll end up using TWW.

Funnily enough? When talking about Vanilla, we get lazy and use the sign for the flavoring vanilla. :rofl:

EDIT: sometimes we play around and put up the letter for W next to our mouths with both hands so our mouths turn into the O letter. Totally goofy on our part.

7 Likes