Warthin is a terrible shortened name for the new expac

War Within has 2 extra letters.

1 Like

Cmon just say “LK” out loud and then try to spell out the pronunciation.

None of us bros know to say

/lʊk/

Not about shortening the text, but shortening the time to say the abbreviation in your internal monologue

WW is completely adequate.

1 Like

Wut, are you foreign or something? Even speaking slowly WW takes shorter to say than Warthin, unless you’re a stuttering person or something’s wrong with your speech, in which case sucks for you.

WW it will be called cause most people don’t care for “the” to be in abbreviations, so we can just call it WW, or monk fo sho.

Yes and the universe, unless your speech is messed up, takes a lot shorter to say WW than Warthin.

We can also say or call it dubdub, too, and that’s even less syllables there.

I refuse to use “warthin”. It’s dumb and sounds like a snack cracker or something. “TWW” is what I’ll be using.

4 Likes

When I look at:

My brain translates it to “Wrath of the Lich King”. It most definitely doesn’t make me think “Wot look”.

4 Likes

I would sound like “lick” for me, not “look.”

Lich King.

1 Like

Technically WW is 4 syllables were warthin is 2

1 Like

That’s like super inefficient use of your internal monologue time

Lots of stuff going on up here, big ideas

No time to waste pronouncing “WW”

its 6 syllables

1 Like

my bad your right

1 Like

actually, that’s an initialism, not an abbreviation

An abbreviation would be like cata which stands for cataclysm or maths which is the short for form for mathematics.

Acronyms are when we shorten a phrase by combining the first letters of each word in the phrase to form a new pronounceable word like wod as in warlord of draenor.

if we cant make pronounceable words from it like TBC as in the burning crusade, it is an initialism.

Btw Warthin is a form of portmanteau where we combine one or more words together into a new one

1 Like

This, I can definitely agree on!

I could see it with just “lk” but with “wot” before it’s just unnatural to go from “wot” to “look” instead of just “wah’tlk”

It’s like there needs to be a space for “wot look” where with “wah’tlk” it just rolls off the tongue/brain

Again, try speaking both of them. You get through WW faster than Warthin, unless you have bad speech or stuttering problem or something wrong with you.

I’ve been playing since '07 and have always referred to it as just “Wrath”.

3 Likes

Its the same speed for me and I would assume most other peps

Just embrace the warthin

My internal monologue is running on 5 different channels at once. I’ve got the time to spare.