Warsong Rep

They changed the entire system.

There’s no more bracket slots. You just farm up the honor and gg.

You can have 500 rank 14s on the same day

2 Likes

Which is a good thing.

The exploitative, layer swapping, WSG rep situation is not, though.

2 Likes

It’s starting to get in my nerves that blizzard is just letting this continue when it has long-lasting ramifications up through 60.

Imagine being mad someone can solo RFC at lvl 25.

That’s good, the old system sucked.

1 Like

You will get WSG rep eventually if you rank in the 40 and 50 brackets… no real advantage to hopping layers now.

It is a pure exploit that diminishes the path that ALL other players have to walk. Streamers are literally asking their chat for layers and gathering thousands of rep every event.

It’s not really an exploit. This is just what happens with layers. It’s not an exploit when you ask for a layer to farm a quest mob, either.

They are doing a lot of work and playing this game a lot more than you for no real advantage other than getting their epic bracers on day 1 of the level 40 bracket. They still have to rank up in WSG at the level 40/50 brackets, just like you do. Except they will already be capped on rep while you will be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

A rollback that was just to reset everyone to honored would probably be doable, it’s basically a database update, not a complicated transaction rollback.

100% an exploit. Add on the fact that the system wasn’t functioning as intended and it is an exploit of a compromised system. Then add in the fact that they are tapping into viewers to access layers that normal players can’t and…

We just went through this on hardcore. The first people to hit 60 were able to hop layers and kill world bosses 10 times in a row.

That was a much bigger benefit to their characters than your level 25 PvP event, btw.

Not an exploit. No one got banned. That’s just how layers work.

2 Likes

Why not just perma ban anyone who did this exploit? I mean you have to willfully do it, it didn’t happen by accident not to mention players streaming while doing it teaching others how to exploit.

Agreed. At least hit them with a week ban.

Wah
/10 character

I’m revered and haven’t done a single ashenvale at all.

source? The blue post said they only removed decay, basically your ranking points had a floor of 0, they didn’t go into the negative, but otherwise the ranking calcs were all the same, so you still need to hit an r14 slot to go from 13-14, you just never LOSE ranking

No no, there are no more server wide bracket slots based on participation numbers.

All you have to do now is hit your bucket caps per rank.

Rank3 is 13.5k. You need to hit that to get r3. It rises as your rank rises.

They removed decay so you can not pvp for a month and still be where you left off.

wheres the source on this? would be cool if that’s the case, but i didn’t see that anywhere myself

The lead dev’s streamer buddies are the ones cheesing the rep the hardest. Of course nothing will happen.