Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

the game will be better off without griefers and exploiters. i am having tons of fun in classic right now. currently leveling a baby mage. the game is fun. the problem is that people got used to be able to do whatever they want on private servers and are now mad that they have to deal with blizz’s rules.

3 Likes

The point is making retail level changes to classic just because someone whined, or a dev got MC’d out of a BG.

This is supposed to be vanilla, a MUESEUM PIECE… not some constantly changing hybrid of a game that caters to the biggest crybabies.

That is what RETAIL is for.

1 Like

They never announced #nochanges. In fact, they were pretty up front about the types of changes they would make at https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21881587/dev-watercooler-world-of-warcraft-classic :

Additional improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience.

This falls under the category of customer service improvements. This unintended use of mechanics is a bannable offense, and they were sick of servicing all those tickets, so they got rid of the potential to do it in order to cut down on the number of tickets. It doesn’t take a crybaby to get pissed off about unfairly receiving a debuff that being locks them out of BGs for fifteen minutes. That’s not an intended action in a battleground. MCing players to instakill them is one thing. Forcing them into a deserter debuff is something else entirely.

6 Likes

Your opinion is that it should be a museum piece.

My opinion is that exploits should be fixed and, beyond that, community driven changes (à la Old School RuneScape) could be a very interesting route long-term.

A level 12 dwarf priest will not be missed - don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

2 Likes

people are legit mass unsubbing because they can’t grief others in pvp anymore. XD

2 Likes

It makes sense from a customer service perspective, too. You get tickets coming in over it, that means you’re increasing the wait time of people with other issues. It ends up costing the company money, the customers time (in both queue times and waiting on CS to respond, just to receive an unsatisfactory answer), all for something they can simply resolve by removing the portal. It’s like the safespotting hotfix, why waste CS resources when they have the power to change something that, in their own words, doesn’t affect the core gameplay?

Really the only reason I can think anyone would truly be against this is, they either used this to grief people or they’re afraid their griefing mechanism will be next.

3 Likes

#nochanges right

Again, I see this as a needed culling, a thinning of the herd if you will. It is better for the herd’s long term survival.

4 Likes

those safe spotting threads a few months ago were hilarious. in what would is it okay to do that? lol. but i guess cheaters want unfair advantages and hide behind #nochanges so they can continue to exploit at the expense of everyone else.

1 Like

good bye pretty princess.

1 Like

it’s hilarious when they make long angry threads about how they’re going back to private servers. yes… go back to where you cheat and it’s okay. and steal the game instead of paying for it. 0.o

The first reports of this grief in on the forums came from alliance dude. It’s going on on both sides and probably more on horde simply die to the larger pool of players. I’m glad it’s fixed although it hasn’t happened to me since vanilla.

Because Blizzard is constantly catering to whiners who can’t actually fight the tools and skills the game gives us. It’s not like people are hacking your client, you’re letting a priest get a cast off on you while being within range of the portal.

I will note Ion SPECIFICALLY stated Priests abusing mind control as an example when he said we’d have to accept Classic “Warts and all.” This is false advertisement.

2 Likes

You leave Glinda’s sparkle pony out of this! :carousel_horse:

5 Likes

Why are you still in AV? lol

1 Like

yea take some more fun out of the game

i’m glad someone got my reference. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Arena PVP statistics also reflect this, the “average” player is effectively a 1300 rated player on a good day.

to be fair a lot of the highest rank arena people are piloted or account shared. it’s like .001% of the population that gets those rewards for everyone else.

Blizzard, as is consistent, you do things that have flow on consequences that you should know, but don’t seem able to see. And that’s the biggest concern of all.

I no longer believe anything Blizzard “promises”, and specific decision makers there in particular. It’s only a matter of time before they start doing this stuff ad hoc to the PvE game. The writing is on the wall. RIP authenticity and integrity.

And RIP Classic. It was a great idea and a good run for a short while.

2 Likes