Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

Any change triggers me, you’re damned right. It should trigger you as well.

Why would I be triggered over a change that preserved the player base and promotes a healthy gaming experience?

Because… holy crap, did you read my post? Or any other post besides those you agree with?

No it’s really not. If you had read the dev water cooler they made it clear that changes that weren’t core gameplay changes were always on the board if they made the game better including changes to prevent exploits and griefing.

And sorry but not a single change made so far has been core gameplay.

1 Like

Link please. But also, this is naive. How many times do we have to go down the same road before people connect the dots? It’s boggling. Remember this conversation.

If anything this game needs more stuff like MC ppl out, not removing existing.
Stupid move

There clearly is two opposing factions within the #nochanges crowd. Those that want to be able to exploit/break the game and those that just want to enjoy the gameplay as it was before TBC was ever a thing. I specifically remember the devs stating that there were players that didnt want to play TBC and yet with the patch 2.0 affecting the base game - this was gone.

Classic is a natural progression (not a museum piece) of patch 1.12. Its build upon the game as it stood with 1.12 and any changes that have been made (due to players exploiting/abusing directly affecting other peoples time) are those that would have taken place if TBC had never arrived.

Classic+ has always been stated to be an option if enough of the playerbase wanted it.

He probably did not

Because…

You are alluding that because blizz is willing to adjust something to keep the game in the spirit and feel of vanilla, that they are going to go do strange unneeded things that dont resemble vanilla at all.

Which really makes no sense.

Making a change to close up an exploit that people simply rarely bothered to push in vanilla is not remotely to suddenly giving titan’s grip to fury warriors and having Shadowmourn drop in scholomance etc

This is fake news Gàldin. Link to where this has ever been stated please. The only reference I’ve ever found was a single comment made by one dev at the end of a podcast just before Classic shipped - and that comment went against the entire history of communication previous to it.

I did. I want to preserve the classic population. Without the player base it will die. It’s content is finite. The PvP no-lifers will quit after they reach their goal rank and the game is filled with raid-loggers already.

The worst change to Classic WoW (so far) is not anything Blizzard has done, but what the community has become.

2 Likes

At least get my name right.

My bad. Fixed! Now find me that link.

1 Like

All the work we’re doing will ultimately allow us to recreate an authentic classic experience on a platform that is much more optimized and stable, helping us avoid latency and stability issues. Additional improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience.

So yeah not a single change they’ve made has crossed into core gameplay areas and I’m not sure why you thought blizzard would just sit around and ignore griefing and exploiting.

2 Likes

New Level 60 Content After Naxxramas?

In the original World of Warcraft , the level 60 Naxxramas raid was essentially the last major content update for the game before The Burning Crusade arrived. Den of Geek noticed many players on the ClassicWoW subreddit and elsewhere talking about Blizzard creating new level 60 content, including brand new 40-man raids if Classic is a huge success. It would be an opportunity for Blizzard to continue developing the game with its original sensibilities in mind. We were a bit surprised when Blizzard told us it’s a real possibility and not a crazy pipe dream.

“Anything is on the table. This is a love letter to our fans,” Dawson said. “If the fans have a desire for something, it would absolutely be considered. We’re certainly not planning to do that today, but if people want more, we can talk about that. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.”

• Patrick Dawson, Production Director Classic WoW
1 Like

Thanks for that, and yes, that’s in diametrical opposition to that reveal video I linked (and everything leading up to it and just beyond it). It’s classical (modern) Blizzard though. Fair enough, it’s no longer the game we were initially told it was - and which most of us who pushed for Classic in the first place wanted.

For the record, if this was being said by the original devs who created Vanilla, I’d be down with it. Ah well, and as I said before, it was a good run.

1 Like

Most of us are also completely different players than in Vanilla. It’s also a different time period. Min/maxing and game knowledge was no where near as prevalent/hardcore as today. For instance, the priest mc exploit this hotfix, while occuring in Vanilla yes, would not have been as common for players to know about. Now, someone finds a cool “trick” (read: exploit) it’s all over youtube, twitch, and reddit.

While I do believe in #nochanges for the most part, this is a needed change for the health of the game. The sarcastic comments that this is “gamebreaking change” or that they should add transmog, raid finder, and barber shop are hilarious and unnecessary.

1 Like

Drama queen

1 Like

Shrug. I know what I know. We’ll see.

Yeah, classic is destroyed because people cant be forced into a deserter debuff.

:roll_eyes:

How can you take that away from the previous long conversation? Have it at though.