Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

As I said, you guys either forget or don’t understand how this goes from here on in.

Just have the integrity to acknowledge it when it happens.

Not sure what to say to you dude, except watch what happens now. We’ll see, right?

Played wow since 2004 - i know how their changes usually go. Seeing changes made to classic so far - every single one of them has been the right change

2 Likes

P.S. I’ve just archived that video. I fully expect them to pull it at some point.

Check it out, another L for the #nochangers

Note in there when he talks about classic and how great of a game it was - never mentioned once that it was intended to be exploited/abused - never any promise they would forget their tos/eula and simply turn a blind eye to harrassment/exploiting/cheating/abusing.

Enjoy your private server.

2 Likes

Every change that they have done, is in attempt to NOT have the game feel like it was changed, (if that makes sense)

We did not have this rampant weird meta back then to find an exploit of some sort and push it to the nth level to the point it now wears a nuclear neon sign that says Hey Look at Me!

Now days, we seem to, which does not feel like vanilla at all.

1 Like

It would be a disappointing museum to visit if the curator changed all the items to what they thought they aught to be rather than present them as they were.

1 Like

This.

If players really wanted #nochanges they wouldnt be trying to actively break the game. No one had an issue to a portal being in a bg until players started forcing players into it.

2 Likes

More dissapointing than paying for entry only to have some toxic player force you to go stand at the back of the line?

Just go back to retail if you hate Classic so much.

Poor Galdor.

1 Like

The worst part is, i could probably understand this, if these people were todays kids.

But we aren’t, i would guess 98% of us are grown adults.
Many of us long ago grown and now old

I think you’ll find it wasn’t the “#nochanges crowd” who were taking advantage of any exploits, it was the Johnny-come-lately, I-don’t-care-if-it-burns-to-the-ground tourists who didn’t do anything to get Classic here, don’t care about the game’s longevity, and are only here until they get bored and move on.

You’re blaming the abused, instead of identifier the abusers. You’re ranting at the wrong crowd.

1 Like

Yeah because disabling a portal in WSG, (that a fraction of the playerbase even bothers to play), is soooooo game breaking.

No-changers are the ones who want the game to burn, and they’ll be the first to quit as we see with you, Mogar and a whole bunch of others. The “tourists” are going to outlast you guys, rofl.

3 Likes

Galdor, not that I want to enflame what is already obviously some sort of wound with you, but you’re right off the reservation here. I’ve always been #nochanges, and I guarantee I’ve been involved with both WoW and Classic longer than you - unless you were at E3 in 2003. I signed the petition to get Classic here, along with hundreds of thousands of others. I’m the least touristy player there is. The same is true for all my friends who still play.

Your assertion that anyone #nochanges just wants to exploit is bizarre, and utterly wrong. It’s a monumental strawman you have created for yourself, for what reason I have no idea as #nochanges people are actually on the same side of the fence as you if you are for authenticty and the integrity of the game.

But mostly, any change to a game that was built upon the principle of #nochanges opens the door to any change in the future. It doesn’t matter what that change is, only that it’s a change. That was the whole point of Ion’s warts and all idiom, and his reference to Pandora’s Box. This is a principle that holds true across multiple disciplines including law in every justice system in the world (it’s called Precedent). It’s just a logical and inevitable outcome, and has been proven over and over again. The fact people have to (on these forums) argue for that being a thing is also more than a little bizarrre.

2 Likes

I’m not reading that huge wall of text, sorry lol.

1 Like

Then what is your issue being from the #nochanges crowd. It really does sound like you are upset at changes that directly affect your ability to harrass/abuse/exploit against other paying customers.

Please read my post above this one (I don’t PvP at all BTW, so obviously my concern is not anything to do with “my ability to harras/abuse/exploit”).

Lol you know you’re triggered when you go through the post history hahaha.