Warriors currently worst class in Shadowlands?

Logs are in for Heroic and Normal raiders and when analyzing the top percentile of players we can see both Arms+Fury struggles immensely and Protection is up there with them as one of the worst tanks in the game currently.

Overall Warriors are weak in every aspect of PvE, both as dps and tanks and have no alternative but to be at the bottom. You could argue some specs are worse than Fury or Arms but even then those specs could swap to something else, such as Assassination rogues swapping to Sub or Outlaw, we as warriors have no such option.

Warriors usually suffer at the start of every expansion so I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point, but it still hurts to know my favorite spec in the game is so far behind the others. Here is to hoping for some buffs.

I would love to include links but don’t have the forum rank to do so sorry.

44 Likes

I’m running Warrior and Pally tanks, they are not even remotely close. Pally is FAR superior it’s night and day. Warrior is trash level and I say this after tanking all the mythics first to make a grounded evaluation. And yes icy veins has it bottom tier with no other tank in C class. It’s trash…but I’m stubborn so I’m gonna persevere a bit more with warrior.

21 Likes

Fury is actually doing pretty well in M+ if you are Kyrian or Night Fae. You’d think this would translate to the cleave fights in Nathria but sadly it doesn’t. The lack of any respectable single-target sustain is just an embarrassing miss on tuning.

And by the way, they just announced changes for Tuesday’s reset and Fury is nowhere to be found despite Arms getting an adjustment (and parsing higher than Fury on single-target in general).
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-tuning-in-progress-dec-15/771191

It implies more changes may come, but I’m not holding my breath.

EDIT: The post was already edited. Fury gets 5% across the board. Barely throwing a band-aid on a wide-open wound.

10 Likes

I’m running all the tanks, and the differences are very minimal. Tank tier lists are very meaningless because the past few years tank balance has been extremely close. People are having trouble moving from the thunderclap spam to a playstyle where you actually have to be smart with rage spending. A vast majority of prot warrior mains, myself included, actually really like the spec right now. I tanked all M0s at 150 ilvl and I had zero survivability issues. L2P.

8 Likes

The internal testing just confirmed all tanks are getting 10% increased threat on December 15th. It’s not a play style problem it’s a genuine threat Generation problem.

6 Likes

No, it’s because people complained so much that it’s just easier to buff threat than tell people to learn to play. I’ve had zero threat problems despite playing with DPS who outgear me by 10-20 ilvl.

It’s a combination of DPS needing to chill out in pugs, and tanks needing to understand how target capped they are and how much they should pull based off of it.

3 Likes

Yes, warriors are currently the worst class in the game, in every aspect.

17 Likes

It’s internal testing, blizzard testing. Has nothing to do with complainers. I get it your a dungeon hero and I respect that, but thankfully Blizzard have acknowledged there is a problem and are fixing it.

3 Likes

I’ve had a lot of dps jokers pull single mobs off me and even the healer at times in pack pulls.

My kit just isn’t good enough to keep up with it unless I’m already right on top of a moving mob.

6 Likes

This is it, the toolkit is not enough for the job. You jump on a prot pally drop consecrate throw your shield use divine toll and your at 1600% threat and are top dps as well for aoe blasts. On warrior you have to unleash everything every pull to try to hold 400% threat.

6 Likes

That’s not even remotely accurate.

A; no, it’s not “trash”,

B; your evaluation is after tanking m0s. Brilliant.

They’re literally not though.

1 Like

Yeh icy veins also has it bottom tier for tanks with not another tank in its C class ranking. It’s trash, not just my opinion look around. Even Blizzard is buffing threat next week cause underperformance in threat generation. Your level 11 warrior surely has better experience than me…brilliant.

1 Like

you’re level 50 how did you tank all mythics smh

3 Likes

…for all tank specs. How does that support the statement that “prot is trash”.

He’s literally level 60 you melon.

Is this a joke. You’re unironically quoting tier lists.

The only three sources you’ve given to support it’s poor state are;

A threat buff for all tanks, which is not indicative of prot being sub-par comparatively.

A tier list.

Warcraftlogs (Which does not have rankings for tank capability or power…?)

It’s a sad day when someone like you is trying to achievement or experience shame, Christ.

4 Likes

Keep on trolling your race checks out. They are trash.

4 Likes

Again, you’ve given three sources to support this statement, and none of them actually prove your point. So, insulting me and repeating yourself, does not accomplish anything.

fury’s a very fun build to play around with. if only it could be decent too :wink:

5% all around buff coming for fury tho… but i’m affraid it won’t be quite enough.

3 Likes

forums aren’t reflecting level accurately for some reason.

I mean, I don’t know what to tell you dude. I’m not a very good tank, I’m not great at this game, but after making adjustments to fit the new play style I haven’t had any problems. Running devastator, booming voice, ravager, and bolster, I’m plenty tanky and very rarely losing threat unless I pull more than I can handle without cooldowns/misdirect.

I need to do this. I get sick of being turned down for m0.

Daddy needs lootz.

3 Likes