Warriors are fine

They study how to compile them into reference materials, they do not work on meanings or background of words, they use information from the etymologists that do though. Since the study of words and such is the job of an etymologist and not a lexicographer. The job of a lexicographer is to compile.

Your base reduction arguments are very dishonest and nowhere would accept any of the logic you present and worthwhile, especially if you want to use words improperly to be insulting.

They study how to compile them (words).

Great concession buddy, next time just butt out of it.

Is what a lexicologist does yes.
and etymologist is the historian of words and backgrounds.
Lexicographers compile that information, not study the meaning of the words being compiled.

the study of words and meanings is NOT what they do. there is no concession here, just your inability to admit fault and lack of knowledge of literary terms or fields.

I’m not.

Prot warriors are quite close, and would likely be used far more if ardent defender didn’t give prot pally a cheat death once per 2 mins without any actions by the paladin.

Their dtps is similar, threat isn’t an issue on either, and warrior has the mobility advantage and has better raid DPS support (especially now that they will be able to shattering throw in defensive stance).

Paladin has raid defensive advantages, even without ardent defender, but their tool kits are relatively close.

So you admit both are the study of words, great.

Next time butt out and keep your half-baked opinions to yourself.

if someone got buffed for whining bladetsar would be doing 50k dps by now

2 Likes

Well it worked for paladins. Given their overrepresentation as a class I’ve already said I have a lot of ground to cover.

Strawman, and no they are not. they are different studies. Incredulity rises again from you, as well as just gross reductive arguments that would be laughed out of even the lowest level of discussion, like this one.

Learn what words mean and people wouldn’t feel the need to correct you when you use them wrong. Doubling down on your incorrect use with insults only makes you more foolish.

Not a strawman, you’ve already conceded that lexicography is the compilation of words, which requires their study.

Pretend I’m having an emotional reaction, it works for so many people on the forum.

You split hairs and now have to admit it was unwarranted.

which is correct, more accurate to refer to compiling dictionaries but we already know you don’t care about differences or you would have used the right words already.

which is done by a Etymologist, not a lexicographer.

Words have meanings, you inability to grasp this is laughable.

You incorrectly used a term, repeatedly double down on it and are still empirically wrong in your statements, now you have to admit you used a word wrong, do not know the difference between two different fields of study, and are being incredulous of this fact.

Nonsense, an etymologist looks at the origin of words and their historical basis. A lexicographer may consult an etymologist, but does not require one in their study of words.

You’re splitting hairs to derail the fact that paladins were buffed even after they were already the most OP class in WoTLK. It’s pathetic. Your paladin buddies who have actively sought to wreck WoTLK with their balance changes are pathetic as well.

Stop being pathetic.

So you admit they are different fields then and should be referred to as such?

I never said they weren’t. You’re the one who split hairs and suggested etymology is the sole study of words. When it clearly isn’t.

Lexicographers study words equally, if not more than etymologists.

You repeatedly said they were the same thing. nice back track, this is great.

The definitions and practices are at their core different studies.

Oh man, some planets would be jealous of your density.

Quote where I said that buddy.

The sun would be jealous of your ability to split atoms to try and prove a point. At least it does it successfully.

This here is the best example^

I don’t even have to split anything
Different names
Different studies
Words have proper uses and meanings

Yeah, they do study words. You’re adding on to the definition of both when you suggested etymology is solely the study of words. None of those quotes do anything to support your point.

Moron.

No they study compilation methods and compile information from those that do study words(etymologists) to create dictionaries.

They 100% support that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Look in a mirror.

Nonsense, to say etymologists study words is as incorrect as saying lexicographers study words. You prove that yourself by qualifying how etymologists do their work.

Go read a book you uneducated moron.

Ok, ok! Break it up!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: