Warrior, Paladin, or Death Knight? Which do you prefer and why?

Trying to decide on which one I want to start playing.

Dps or tank?

All three. Plate classes rule. :metal: :grimacing: :metal:

12 Likes

warrior no question

I guess the question is, when she unzips your pants do you want something that is:

A) generic, but mighty
B) cold, musty, and stinks of death
or
C) warm and shines the light of god in her face

:wink:

7 Likes

Both.

/10char

All three.

1 Like

What he said.

What they said.

Personally I have characters for all three

Warrior is my main and I love the class fantasy. I am mobile, destructive, and an unyielding wall of steel.

Paladins literally never die. You have so many outs its ridiculous, and while I love tanking paladin healing is a lot of fun.

Death Knight I have the least experience with. They are slow, but unmovable. They are extremely fun in my personal opinion with some extremely unique utility that rivals the Paladin.

If I had to recommend one it would be Warrior; because I am biased.
Honestly though, make all three. Join the ranks of plate

1 Like

Easy. Obvious answer is Monk.

To answer your actual question - idk. Warrior is probably the least appealing of the 3 imo.

DK imo. I love the class fantasy and the specs are pretty fun to play.

Paladin is a pretty good option as well but DK edges them out in my books.

I don’t care for warrior. Fury is too spammy for my tastes, I’ve never really enjoyed arms. Prot is pretty good but I prefer dk and paladin tanking as I feel they have more utility.

1 Like

This. Fury is actually quite a meme worthy spec. I’d say it’s almost as bad as havoc. But at least with havoc you get flashy animations. It’s probably why a lot of fury players jumped ship for DH since havoc does what fury does but with more style and utility. And having to weave the twirly every 2 attacks gets annoying fast.

I don’t have a Pally cause the flavor of a holy crusader doesn’t interest me at all but I do have the other two at 120.

I gotta give it to the warrior. The mobility is so huge for both tanking and dps. Protection Tanking is really simple, straightforward and effective. The rotation isn’t as engaging or as visually appealing as blood DK which sometimes feels bad but on the other side it also means it’s easier to pay attention to the dungeon mechanics making you even more effective at tanking and using utility. The aoe stun Shockwave is amazing too.

On the DPS side, Fury is so amazing. I don’t have that many high level toons but of the 5 I have, fury is my fav dps spec. It has a very enjoyable rotation. Not only does it have the best feeling aoe rotation I’ve played so far, you can also seamlessly switch back and fourth between single target and AoE on the fly. Not to mention you look like a badass wielding two 2handers.

DK for obvious reasons.

Paladin

1 Like

Death Knight. Slow, but enduring and dangerous. Like glacial drift.

2 Likes

Death Knight is my Main,

But I like all of the Plate classes, and they are the first ones I level. Can’t go wrong with Plate.

I prefer warrior because I like to suffer.

Paladins are cool but I have never been able to play ret since they implemented holy power, and holy’s mastery feels very counter intuitive.

DKs have never been my thing.

Silly elf, paladins are celibate.

2 Likes