Warrior Fury Warpaint needs a redesign immediately

Players think that fury’s sustain factor is healing, but most players don’t know that a priori there is a permanent 10% overall mitigation.

In fact it seems that the healing is what is holding the fury warrior, but it’s not, it’s the warpaint.
This talent was created in a time were enrage was less evident, today it is practically permanent, the effect does not correspond today’s values.

Warpaint doens’t suffer dampening, healing does.
Guess what, maybe blizzard nerf fury healing… but in arena they still will be mitigating 10% overall dmg and also be healing by respective healer…
i can guarantee that if you redesign warpaint fury warriors will die.

I’m not fury warrior and i’ll never will be one. Im just pointing the real problem.

do you know the weight of this talent in other words?

warpaint is a permanent, passive defensive stance with no damage penalty. how does this sound to you?

1 Like

I would, honest to god, rather them have Warpaint than have the sustain they have lol

you cannot assign warpaint and sustain as distinct values, sustain only exists because of warpaint

I agree that Warpaint is very strong, but what players are complaining about is definitely the healing. Damage reduction does not them to heal 800k in a skirmish with no healer.

If they remove warpaint but leave the healing higher, that’s a viable design choice. But the healing is definitely what is making people mad.

Also warpaint is unlikely to be removed because of PvE, but healing values can be more easily targeted.

1 Like

Warpaint’s value comes from them being rewarded for uptime. The talent becomes borderline null when you can stop them from playing perma 24/7.

The sustain does matter, one hit and suddenly they’ve healed a large portion of their health.

Fury warriors being rewarded for not being punished is fine, when you can just spam a selfheal that leads to your highest damage abilities, and gets amped by other things.

I should also point out, that a large amount of problems with the spec (and game in general) is resolved around nerfing the amount of mobility everyone has.

Thats what im trying to explain, they do complain about healing. But they do not understand that healing looks strong because DAMAGE IS NOT HAPPENING A PRIORI

Warpaint (PASSIVE DEFENSIVE STANCE WITHOUT DAMAGE PENALTY) is definitely the problem.

I understand what you’re saying, but your argument is flawed.

In other words, if I am able to drop the fury warrior to 30%, they’d be at 37% instead without Warpaint, but that doesn’t affect their ability to top themselves passively through their damage rotation.

1 Like

It’s part of the current problem, but not the biggest one and probably fine if healing is dealt with. Think of it in these terms:

• If you took away all of their healing and left warpaint as-is would their survivability still be an issue? I think no.
  • If you took away warpaint and left all of their healing as is would their survivability still be an issue? I think yes.

Again, warpaint is strong and probably has more uptime in PvP than devs intended when they implemented it in the PvE tree, but it’s not the biggest offender.

3 Likes

Its not, warpaint mitigation is mathematically above all fury healing combined in 2v2 and 3v3 matchs.

healer healing + 10% mitigation/plate is mathematically above healer healing + fury healing

I can promise you, that unless you’re controlling the warrior extremely well to the point he can’t connect onto you, this is extremely wrong.

1 Like

you mean kiting him to the point he can’t keep warpaint up?

It sounds absolutely fine as that and their self heals are literally the only thing they have going for them and historically they are one of the worst pvp melees of all time.

1 Like

Uhhh. They have the strongest MS in the game? Did you play Shadowlands?

Warpaint DR for taking your entire HP bar in damage is equivalent to ~40k reduction, which is significantly less than Fury is healing through standard uptime.

Warpaint mitigates more (taking damage from more than 1 player) than all other fury healing.
Its not affected by dampening.

You were just given proof that it didnt and still say that lol

can you point the “proof”?

answer me please

**https://gyazo.com/863db8d47c1279f1e97d4f0d3cb005ae**
You mean his deleted SS that shows warpaint mitigating ~320-340k total damage compared to his selfheal which did 821k?

Mind you this isn’t a 1400 game either.

Or the fact that you can go into literally any duel, or arena situation, and compare the healing + damage taken to it and see that fury selfheal > 10% damage reduc

This.

I deleted it after realizing they were from different games, but I am sure it would hold true if we looked at damage/healing breakdowns of Fury games.

1 Like

Ah, well it still roughly holds weight. The numbers were extreme, but weren’t far off.

Anyways diff context; I take effectively 33% less damage because of stagger, but I heal harder than any HEALER in the game. Is the stagger the reason I’m unkillable, or is it the fact that I can selfheal out of control?

I give up.
Warpaint is completely fine.
Theres nothing wrong with a passive defensive stance without damage penalty.