Warrior Completely Unplayable Into Mage

There is no other class counter so 1 sided like warrior into mage, not even remotely close. The only prerequisite for mages to win is to have hands and their monitor turned on.
Most classes can still do damage and have a chance of winning if played correctly into their counter.
You literally cannot play the game into this god class as a warrior, cannot connect ever, perma sitting in roots and cc. 0 ZERO 0 Uptime into mage.
How many blinks does the class have now? 6?
Why is it allowed to cast while blinking?
Why does every ability in their kit passively root?

The roots and the blinks need to be heavily nerfed.

15 Likes

debatable.

2 Likes

Been like this since vanilla, and when they made clothies able to just face tank physical damage it made it 100x worse.

4 Likes

Not like now, because warriors in the previous expansions could at least touch mages and hit a few buttons, but now if the mage plays correctly you cant even connect for more than 1 second, its wild.

6 Likes

At least in classic you had free action pots, this is unironically the worst expansion for warriors vs mages.

10 Likes

Welp found the one mage who’s lost to a warrior :rofl:

2 Likes

Another one. Thanks for the refreshing original post, and informing the community that warriors are not strong into mages.

Warriors still have a chance in team content (most just don’t play as well as they think and/or waste their mobility, and need a scapegoat to explain why they lost). I’ll admit you have no chance in a 1v1, but that isn’t what wow is balanced around.

– mm hunter into any mage spec

– aff lock into any mage spec

– spriest into any mage spec

– ele shaman into any mage spec

I’d say at least these are comparable.

2 Likes

Giga mage cope.
There is a good reason warrior was only seen like 3 times in AWC, because every team has a mage on it.
You have no chance in team content, if warrior ever has any uptime on you, you have no hands and eyes and you are playing with your monitor turned off.
Also against your counters you still have uptime and are allowed to do damage.

6 Likes

I actually think when they gave dispel a 8 sec cd or whatever it is, it was actually a huge nerf to warriors who usually need to be spam dispelled.

Only time I think mages actually suffered in arena was mage/disc vs lock/rdruid in tbc. That was unwinnable for the mage, since then they have been s tier for 16 years. To be fair they were still s tier in tbc but actually had a hard counter comp.

AWC rep is not the definitive bar that dictates whether or not a spec is good. It’s a factor, sure, but unless you’re playing at that level, solely using AWC rep to justify your position isn’t reasonable.

E.g., 2100+ solo shuffle, there are more fury warriors than all 3 mage specs combined, and then some.

E.g., in 2v2, of the 3 players that are 2400+ cr, one of those is a warrior.

Could give more examples, but I think the point has been made.

WTB official crybaby warrior mega thread so that they can all dear diary about how life against mages is so unfair in a nice consolidated space (e.g., without one having to make a new post every 6 hours).

lol, mage players are actual giga chads. Even when mm hunter is a meta spec, you RARELY see us making hourly whine threads about how unfair the matchup is.

Warrior is the new soy omega lul :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So which one is it?

Answer this question, does mage have more than zero percent uptime into aff, spriest, ele?

3 Likes

Those aren’t mutually exclusive statements.

Warrior doesn’t have zero percent uptime against mages either, especially not in team content. That’s a gross exaggeration. At best that would only be applicable to a 1v1/duel, and even then, only against frost.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you that mages, especially frost, counter warriors, but warriors are going way overboard with the “BLIZZ, look at me, I’m a victim because mage counters me” hourly threads.

It would at least be nice if you guys stuck to the same thread instead of making 10+ new threads a day about the exact same topic. You’d probably have a lot better chance of getting dev eyes on one large thread.

Giga mage soy cope, you are bad, git gud.

1 Like

lol so mad :rofl:

My job here is done :slight_smile:

Now queue up so I can swiftly send you back to the forums to make a new post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even close. Mages can do some damage against all these classes. Warriors cant literally touch a decent mage.

13 Likes

I think he’s saying the monitor doesn’t have to be on or you don’t need hands.

1 Like

honestly you guys are making warrior sound fun

You’re totally right, but that’s why the game is balanced around 3v3, not 1v1 or 2v2. Too many hard counters will exist.

1 Like

I’m enjoying arms, I suck at it but it’s still fun.

Stop with this cope, they literally nerfed MW due to how strong it is in blitz.
Besides, warrior doesn’t get to play in 3s vs frost mage anyway.

4 Likes