Warning:- dont upgrade tier set with socket

Never! It’s not WoW :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wtf no it’s not… Are you new?

Wait isn’t that the one you can place three socket too?

This would be a perk

Destory a socket - > save gold on not having to buy a gem

Well while I tend to agree it is a mistake, this is only the second season for it. So saying “always” doesn’t really mean much when your basis is a single season.

Because Blizzard literally told us it would keep them.

The Revival Catalyst is Coming Next Week - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Q: When creating tier set items with the Revival Catalyst, what is the item level of the tier piece after the process is complete? Is it the same item level as the base piece or are there item level ranges that snap to LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic item levels for tier?

A: The resulting item will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats (leech, speed, etc.), and sockets.

2 Likes

Its been a few hours since someone said you were wrong so i thought i would remedy that.
Youre wrong XD

Edit: wait. Someone did it an hour ago. Now im wrong too! :scream:

1 Like

Update :- Blizz sent me a revised answer stating that the bug is now fixed however they wont return my socket.

Out of interest did anyone get their socket refunded? I think its fair enough that they replace it since I upgraded it in good faith.

It wouldnt bother me if it was the AH socket thats easy to replace but the vault one is expensive.

It is a bug because in S4 of shadowlands, you would retain the socket. I don’t get why youd try to say this isnt intended when blizzard is even saying this isn’t correct.

Yes, always.

Good lord… A gem is lost how terrible rofl.

Unless it’s a primal gem, I’d be more upset about the socket.

Socketing items don’t grow on trees. Especially for non-necks.

1 Like

Gem socket and gem.

The gem socket costs x3 vault reward so its quite valuable. The gem was 1500g so no big deal.

Anyway Blizz finally sent me a new socket so happy days :slight_smile:

I have two characters where I can’t add a socket to the conquest helm.

They don’t test anything at all.

1 Like

They need to compensate the affected players and turn off upgrades until it’s fixed.

1 Like

in case no one told you yet, you’re wrong.

2 Likes

That’s simply wrong. In SL, the item kept it’s sockets and tertiary stats when converted. Also, this bug isn’t 100%. I converted a socketed belt and it didn’t lose its socket.

I think it’s been established the bug only affects sockets you added through the socket item, not sockets that procced when the item dropped.

thanks!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: