Warmode is a failure of a system

The day it was released, you destroyed PvP servers.

People who would normally stand and fight along side you out of desperation just turned it off leaving the balance of world PVP in complete chaos.

PVP servers were not a bad thing, never were.

If carebears want to go cuddle the opposite faction, there were PVE servers.

WARMODE KILLED BALANCE.

16 Likes

I disagree.

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

You can see faction pop that only a handful of servers are remotely close to an even faction split. Most of the close ones are rp realms so they are on different sharding rules. Wpvp was lopsided on nearly every server pre-bfa so nothing has changed. Players slowly migrated from even faction split servers to their faction dominated server.

Looking at your realm frostmourne, you went from 10v1 to 1v10 now with warmode. I see why you’re upset. You miss outnumbering the enemy. However, you should be upset with blizzards inability to balance factions and not with warmode.

9 Likes

Battlegroups, Not servers. Same mistake everyone makes.

We were originally paired with Barthilus, it was a great balance.

Cross realm came out in wrath. Blizz did away with battlegroups in cata.

1 Like

Can confirm sharding on RP realms is absolutely F’d beyond repair. War Mode killed RP battlegroups 100%. All the freeglads that change servers for easy rating come here and just dumpster people, make gigglefest raids for WPVP, and generally ruin everything about being on an RP server.

I really miss the days when you could actively report d-bags who ruined the server by rolling on an RP server and blatantly refusing to do so.

2 Likes

only 5 man instance grouping. Crz wasnt until mop

1 Like

True,other problem is PVPers and RP ers are mixed now so you have RP er spying on you for his enemy faction friend.

I will forever hate it for what it did to ed :slightly_frowning_face:

I just feel like ed had such an awesome balance and community. They litteraly did a spotlight of the server for it’s awesomeness.

Then instead of trying to achieve that with everyone… they dismantled it to give everyone something slightly better than what they had, but so much worse than what the potential experience could have been.

1 Like

ED is the exception though. No other server is even close to it. He’s saying all pvp servers and thats what I was disagreeing with.

Hmmmm… Well I don’t disagree with him in the sense that warmode was not the fix. I haven’t played on any PvP servers other than ed since like mop so I can’t speak to other servers recently.

I’m just annoyed with warmode lol… Everything about it. Afk horde pvers collecting bonus. Outnumbered alliance resorting to turning off warmode and forming lfg raids for events only. Sharding and cross server lameness.

I just wish they had done something different.

It didn’t exist on any other server than rp realms. That’s why they tried to do something instead of everyone keep paying for server xfers making factions from 90/10 split to 100/0 split. (Also to note blizz gave rp realms their own sharding rules.)

I agree how they handled it sucked. They gave pve bonuses for doing pvp. Warmode was a step in the right direction but it’s still just a single step when many are needed.

1 Like

Eh I feel like warmode wasn’t the way though. I dunno though.

Trust me, it does not help lol

Yeah it doesn’t make sense. I don’t mind the assasin stuff but the flat bonus incentives the wrong things.

Eh… I will never agree to this! Lol but I can agree something kinda needed to be done though. I just wish it wasn’t at our expense.

Warmode shouldn’t give pve bonuses it should give conquest. Killing enemy players in warmode should give conquest completing wqs in warmode should give conquest like it does for assaults.

6 Likes

So maybe, giving those additions to player kills and world quests be done at max level. Along with no rewards for lower ranks or whatever. Although some of the mass multiboxers that raid/lag capitals would start farming the hell out them and that would suck.

Whoa whoa calm down that makes too much sense…

Another huge problem that blizzard wont address that ties into every game mode. Multiboxing is a huge advantage over other players and has NO PLACE in the game. People caught PVPing with multiboxxed accounts should just get slapped with a ban.

1 Like

Nah I have fun finishing my Nazjatar CTA and AOO killing the herb bots.

They are paying customers and not cheating anything as they are fully controlling the characters

This is 110% incorrect and blatantly so. Warmode ruined the server community because of how it forces you into a different phase. This also put a huge strain on servers where people who were or were not interested in PvP couldn’t just toggle a flag on and off. Forced PvP realms were a fun thing, because even if a horde was feeling cheeky and ganking lowbies, they were, quote unquote ‘In the wrong neighborhood mother trucker.’ They were just as vulnerable to getting smashed by a 60 playing Chaperone for other players.

The War Mode system was an utter and complete failure, and the fact that it isn’t completely removed in SL is just further evidence that Blizzard would rather bandaid and ignore a problem than take steps to fix it.

Sharding and crz was in place before warmode.