Warmode is a failure of a system

That was the first problem, and then it became even more exacerabated

I think warmode did it was intended to achieve by the developers.

Destroying the difference between PvP and PvE server is what they wanted. They didn’t want people who rolled on the wrong server or were forced to be on a PvP server to play with their friends to feel like they made a horrible decision or feel like they’re stuck.

Moving everything to cross-realm even with world pvp as well isn’t a fault of warmode, more than it is the design philosophy of retail currently. There is no longer a strong emphasis on server community when players from various different realms can literally just play together or see each other.

1 Like

Did Warmode happen?

I feel as though warmode should be on all at all times for PvP servers and PVE are the only ones that get the choice of flipping it on or off.

I also feel that “most” servers were never truly balanced and never will be without forced merges and removing the ability to turn PvP off, thus forcing players to stand together or get picked off.

1 Like

Absolutely agree 
its the worst thing they could have done. Wpvp would sometimes develop into a full on pvp raid and that organic fun just doesn’t happen anymore UNLESS you’re in guild like Ruin or Terran Empire , but Ive tried both of them and no one really helped gear or do much unless you had high end gear and would waste a bunch of your time getting there

War mode would be better if the aggressive sharding and rephasing went away. It’s really dumb that we’re spread across so many imbalanced shards and leads to counterattacks being less of a thing. Each shard is just a one sided stomp and any attempts to fix that force the shards to just reshuffle players, even in combat.

1 Like

please can have this?

well said
level scaling is the worst

Agree; sharding impairs persistent rivalries. Sharding is poor substitute for having robust systems that can handle large scale pvp.

Warmode didn’t ruin anything, flying did.

World PvP is just dumb in every way. The majority of people are classes that can abuse Z-axis (via flying) like priests MC’ing or knocking people off ledges or NE druids running around doing whatever they want only to meld fly away when you get any kind of pressure. It’s incredibly boring and is mostly full of people that are bad at the game abusing mechanics you could never abuse in the arena.

This is why arena is the only form of PvP that is worth anything in this game. As bad as it’s current iteration is, having a set map with a set amount of players facing each other (3v3 or 2v2 so you don’t get randomly jumped by additional players) is the only form of PvP that actually feels remotely fun to engage in.

TLDR; Flying broke world pvp, it consists 100% of druids running and flying away and priests MCing people off pillars, and running to their friends when they’re dying. Arena is the only form of PvP that feels like an actual game.

1 Like

can you explain to me what’s with Emerald Dream? :"( I’m on this server but idk anything about it

Bring back pvp servers and give the warmed bonus to those servers. World pvp can’t be something you turn off.

It just seems like this is another version of the same philosophy as twink only bgs to deal with twinking and rated battle grounds to deal with premades. Completely tone deaf responses to perceived problems. The people there for the wpvp don’t care about the bonus rewards. The people there for the bonus rewards are more likely to be frustrated by being attacked, and they are almost never going to be attacked by someone who is there for the same reason. They are going to be attacked by the person who doesn’t need rewards. They can’t call any friends. They turned off warmode when they started getting ganged.

Under the warmode system, you could never have something spontaneous become a part of the culture like Southshore v. Tarren Mill.

Back in vanilla and the earlier days of wow, the game forced community interaction. In return, good communities actually existed in this game. In game avatars were more than just pixels. People tried to genuinely help each other. It was common to drop what you were doing and help a stranger because someone ran up to you on the road and asked for help.

Over the years, the game has slowly removed the need of communities. Avatars are more likely to be viewed as just pixels and the person behind them is completely disregarded as an actual person. It kinda paved the way for the open door toxicity policy that many people encounter.

However, the community that was established years ago on realms like ED have somehow managed to withstand the negative effects of the modern community and still have a lot of similarities with the old school realms.

Spend a couple days on illidan and then compare it to your ED experience and you’ll see what I mean.

3 Likes

As someone who has been a part of the old ED pvp community I agree with you completely. When I left my original server of the Vco for Sargeras many of my friends went to ED.

I would later level a mage so that could play with them. The community’s on ED and Sargeras were night and day different. I have a horde on illidan and believe me that community is super toxic as is the ally community on Sargeras

1 Like

I was there for when bfa originally launched, i watched the downward spiral of war mode happen within the first month of the expac. The sharding system was the start of it. The system wasnt designed to handle groups being formed across shards then disbanded so quickly so players where getting phased into shards that didnt need them. A shard is basically a virtual server instance, empty shards dont need to exist so i suspect the system closes them when that happens, this makes it hard for extra players to phase back so they get stuck in over populated shards creating imbalance.

When players started noticing this they panicked and started opting out of war mode because they felt the system was rigged against them. Now we have have the problems we have today where a majority of players dont opt into war mode because of this paranoia that theres going to be 20 players of the opposite faction waiting for them every time they log into a pvp shard. Im on moon guard, its mostly alliance here, theres practically no horde and to see one in war mode is a small miracle.

Illidan sounds horrifying hahaha. I just wanna experience some RP yo :((. Hopefully I can experience this ED experience yall talkin about

1 Like

Support bring back pvp servers. Warmode completely destroyed Emerald Dream server a driven Wpvp environment tons of rivalry’s absolutely gutted
To me wpvp was my end game content
 I would get alerts that “Gold shire is under attack” “Darkshire is underattack” “Honor hold is under atack” ETC

I would swiftly mount up and go check the situation and to go help the questers now after legion with the removal of Wpvp announcements iv’e been mostly unsub’d just lost interest warmode just encourages zerg pvp which is not fun at all.

At the very least separate Rp-pvp servers to there own server connection and do away with warmode and phasing etc.

1 Like

Why specifically Rp-pvp servers?

Same reason rp servers were shunted into their own section.

Fair enough.